• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$50 shirts - BB or Charles Tyrwhitt ?

Dicky Dicardo

Reaction score
Brooks currently has shirts 2/$109 and Charles Tyrwhitt is offering 4/$199. Which is the beter way to go?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB mainline is rather crappy even though I do have some of their extra slim fit shirts. I don't know about Tyrwhitt.

I would pay a little more and go for the BB luxury line shirts (in slim fit and then dart them). A much better shirt and when you catch them on sale, they go for about $60. Once you have a few of those, the regular line BB will sit in the back of your closet.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ 1, pay the extra money and get a notch up on quality.

Other option is, flick a coin. Neither shirt has any great merit over the other.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
give tmlewin a try at 5 for 160.

bjornb17

Reaction score
I like Tyrwhitt much better than BB.... better fit, better designs, better collars (spread or cutaway), no chest pocket, choice of french or button cuff. Had a few BB shirts but sold them in favor of the CT shirts.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
I like Tyrwhitt much better than BB.... better fit, better designs, better collars (spread or cutaway), no chest pocket, choice of french or button cuff. Had a few BB shirts but sold them in favor of the CT shirts.

This is why I recommend BB luxury line. More options and NO POCKET
smile.gif

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T M Lewin quality is better than CT. CT is better than BB Basic.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
in terms of quality they are pretty much the same. Personally, id save a bit more money or get fewer shirts and go for higher quality...in the long run you wont be disappointed.

SaveMeJebus

Reaction score
Just as an FYI, you can actually get CT shirts shipped for about $35/each by using the below link (through 6/15/11):

www.ctshirts.com/JOSH

That makes then $39.50 each.

Put two shirts in cart, and then use the code "STCA" to take $20 off $50.

So you're really comparing a $35 CT shirt to a $50 BB shirt.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SaveMeJebus
Just as an FYI, you can actually get CT shirts shipped for about $35/each by using the below link (through 6/15/11):

www.ctshirts.com/JOSH

nice. in that case the CT is a no brainer. I really like their pattern selection as well.

7smcb

Reaction score
I would think that Harvie & Hudson shirts can't be much more than $50 with shipping and exchange, can they?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SaveMeJebus

www.ctshirts.com/JOSH

Well, not exactly comparing a $35 CT to a $50 BB shirt.

The link I posted above has mainline BB at $39.75 and luxury (which leaves ML in the dust) at $67.50. Take an additional 15-25% off due to their montly sales and ML is $30 and luxury is about $50.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
whats all this TM Lewin talk... they got trashed here a while ago vs CT... i am personally a big fan of CT. their slim fit shirts fill my wardrobe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads