or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Interview Thank-You Email
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Interview Thank-You Email

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
So, rocked a phone interview this afternoon. Interviewer said she's going to call next week to arrange for an inperson interview. Still send a Thank-You email?
post #2 of 13
Yes; reiterate your interest in the position and mention that you're looking forward to meeting in person.
post #3 of 13
Definitely.

As dcg said, this gives you an opportunity to reiterate your interest in the position.

Also, you can highlight/summarize reasons why you'd be a good fit for the position.
post #4 of 13
shows good character....just a simple thank you email...I wouldnt go into trying to sell yourself to them....thats what interviews are for...not thank you notes.
post #5 of 13
Fair point, you shouldn't go overboard in selling yourself in the thank you e-mail, but it's fine to reiterate your interest or list a big reason why you'd be a good fit.

You definitely shouldn't make it a cover letter/CV, and it might be a fine line.

If you're afraid you might overdo the selling part, it's definitely safer just to stick to the thanking the person for his/her time part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
shows good character....just a simple thank you email...I wouldnt go into trying to sell yourself to them....thats what interviews are for...not thank you notes.
post #6 of 13
I'm currently in the process of interviewing candidates for an opening. I've been surprised at how often I come out of phone screens without having been given the impression that the interviewee has a real interest in the job. Either it's just not a very interesting/enticing opportunity, or I have been interviewing total dipshits.

As mentioned above, short and to the point. Thanks for your time, *pick out some random topic from the phone screen to briefly comment on*, I'm interested and look forward to meeting face to face to discuss the position in greater detail.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post
I'm currently in the process of interviewing candidates for an opening. I've been surprised at how often I come out of phone screens without having been given the impression that the interviewee has a real interest in the job. Either it's just not a very interesting/enticing opportunity, or I have been interviewing total dipshits.

As mentioned above, short and to the point. Thanks for your time, *pick out some random topic from the phone screen to briefly comment on*, I'm interested and look forward to meeting face to face to discuss the position in greater detail.

200% agree with DCG (extra 100% due to girlfriend looking over shoulder and agreeing as well
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post
I'm currently in the process of interviewing candidates for an opening. I've been surprised at how often I come out of phone screens without having been given the impression that the interviewee has a real interest in the job. Either it's just not a very interesting/enticing opportunity, or I have been interviewing total dipshits.

Well, thats because some of these employment or job agencies are suspect.

They would ask you a ton of questions about your qualifications and experience but when you ask them what job is it or what company is it, they refuse to comment.

They also obtained my contact through the directory and will immediately call the next person on the directory. So they are probably getting a commission if someone they push, gets the job.
post #9 of 13
Yes. And also a snail mail.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsini View Post
Yes. And also a snail mail.

I'd save the snail mail for the "thank you" after the face-to-face interview. An email thanks after an in-person interview is OK, but a snail mail shows more thoughtfulness IMO.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
I'd save the snail mail for the "thank you" after the face-to-face interview. An email thanks after an in-person interview is OK, but a snail mail shows more thoughtfulness IMO.

+1
post #12 of 13
Send a letter instead with 2 day shipping.
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Send a letter instead with 2 day shipping.
With a phone interview, it's quite awkward to obtain the details necessary to do snail mail. Not as easy as requesting a business card.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Interview Thank-You Email