or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › After how many dates should you let a girl pay for (half or all of) a date?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

After how many dates should you let a girl pay for (half or all of) a date? - Page 3

post #31 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
I hate discussing money so I either pick up the bar/restaurant tab or someone does.

Yeah, discussing and exchanging money is always a really annoying, stressful time.
post #32 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Yeah, discussing and exchanging money is always a really annoying, stressful time.

It's not stressful it merely exposes the vulgarity inherent in our society and it kills me.
post #33 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
It's not stressful it merely exposes the vulgarity inherent in our society and it kills me.

I can not possibly stand to waste my life hearing people try to divide up a check. It hurts my soul.
post #34 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
It's not stressful it merely exposes the vulgarity inherent in our society and it kills me.
So paying allows you to ignore an ugly truth and dishonestly seem like a gentleman?
post #35 of 94
Its easy to not worry about the tab when you've got plenty of money. When you don't, that's when things start to get dicey. I like Rube's system. Elegant and concise.
post #36 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
So paying allows you to ignore an ugly truth and dishonestly seem like a gentleman?

Hmm well there are some people that are very close to me and broke so they know I'll pay for everything but we don't discuss it and I know they aren't leeching, however in general it doesn't mean I necessarily pay just that I don't want to start a discussion on it just get it done quickly and quietly.
post #37 of 94
The chicks are already laughing in beforehand for all the great free meals they can pull out of a SF's wallet.
post #38 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Hmm well there are some people that are very close to me and broke so they know I'll pay for everything but we don't discuss it and I know they aren't leeching, however in general it doesn't mean I necessarily pay just that I don't want to start a discussion on it just get it done quickly and quietly.

When you make it to LA, I know a lovely little restaurant on Canon Drive that we should visit.
post #39 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
I can not possibly stand to waste my life hearing people try to divide up a check. It hurts my soul.

Yup. The only kind of splitting up of a check I like is when it's done in half. None of this "oh, I had the chicken and you had the steak which is more expensive, so put down a few more dollars." Ugh. Just throw down two cards and split it down the middle, simple, easy, no mess.
post #40 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Hmm well there are some people that are very close to me and broke so they know I'll pay for everything but we don't discuss it and I know they aren't leeching, however in general it doesn't mean I necessarily pay just that I don't want to start a discussion on it just get it done quickly and quietly.

How does this relate to the vulgarity inherent in our society? Like I said, it is just annoying so if you just pay it gets it over with no questions asked.
post #41 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Yeah, discussing and exchanging money is always a really annoying, stressful time.

You're talking about prostitution, right?
post #42 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
You're talking about prostitution, right?

Yes, of course.
post #43 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
How does this relate to the vulgarity inherent in our society? Like I said, it is just annoying so if you just pay it gets it over with no questions asked.

I am torn between my dislike of being a consumer and my refusal of being citizen. Individuation through the segment of one doesn't feel like a solution.
post #44 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
I hate discussing money so I either pick up the bar/restaurant tab or someone does.
I am the same way. Discussing money in a social situation makes my skin crawl.
post #45 of 94
have always paid, i kind of half figured that women have so many other expenses going into a night than men. now im married so its a bit academic. on occasions like my birthday my wife might pay and i always feel so awkward standing behind her at the counter. very emasculating. the real tricky situation is when we go out with her parents - her dad refuses to ever accept anyone else picking up the bill
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › After how many dates should you let a girl pay for (half or all of) a date?