• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown slip-on or loafer suggestions

sfalbie

Reaction score
This forum has been pretty informative. Wish I had stumbled upon it, before I bought these Testoni Basic loafers (http://m.gilt.com/mobile/sale/men/dr...oduct/37479286) because based on comments here: http://www.styleforum.net/archive/in...94974-p-2.html and from receiving the shoes, the construction is pretty shoddy. I like the styling but can't get over the leather quality.

Anyhoo, my question is this: Around the $200 or less price point, do you have any recommendations for brown loafers or slip-on (non-penny, simple hardware or perhaps Venetian) for business casual?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

rsuhandy

Reaction score
At retail for around $200, IIRC, you will be hard pressed to find anything really decent.
If you don't mind pre-owned then you have reasonable options on B&S and Ebay....
Also you might look into AE and Alden on Ebay; sometimes NIB discounted models show
up there....

cc3peat

Reaction score
I second the Ebay idea. I just bought a pair of slightly used AE loafers for $30 shipped. Pretty solid. If you are willing to look at pre owned and factory seconds there are a ton of options under $200. As previously suggested search eBay and lurk the B&S forum here for a week or so, I bet something nice'll pop up.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana Republic - shoddy construction but under $100

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
eBay is solid, as is B&S. The main issue you need to address before hitting either of those places is what your standards are. You make mention of construction and materials, but you need to qualify those qualities to get a better idea of what brands, styles, materials, etc you should be hunting.

If you're just looking for an around-the-office beater then you can generally find AEs, Ferragamos and Bruno Maglis at Nordstrom Rack or Off 5th for $200-$250.

sfalbie

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the ideas - really appreciate it. Since I'm not in a rush to get them, I'll keep an eye on B&S and eBay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads