or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › President of AE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

President of AE - Page 2

post #16 of 33
Why bother the CEO/President of the company, they have a customer service department which is excellent and very helpful, if everyone with a problem contact the CEO he'd never have time to work on.... bringing back the Mora God that would be a good day. But what was the problem if you dont mind us asking?
post #17 of 33
...
post #18 of 33
Well, actually I'm the President of AE. PM me about your problem and we'll try to work it out.
post #19 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgt465 View Post
The company hires people to specifically handle complaints, why not talk to them first instead of wasting the CEO's time?

It has been my experience that those people don't help. I had a problem once and had to really push them to get a resolution. Needless to say, I have not bought another pair of AE since.
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMills View Post
.... bringing back the Mora God that would be a good day. But what was the problem if you dont mind us asking?

I have been strategically emailing them regarding this consistently this year. Every time I see them available still leftover in a store I perk up....and then die a little inside when they're never my size.

If we get enough people to contact them, they will realize they're missing a golden opportunity. Hint hint fellow SFers.
post #21 of 33
I would have to agree with everyone else, leave the president alone so he can work. If you have an issue in a store speak with the manager, if the issue was with the manager speak with the regional or division manager. Or, just don't worry about it and move on.
post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post
I have been strategically emailing them regarding this consistently this year. Every time I see them available still leftover in a store I perk up....and then die a little inside when they're never my size.

If we get enough people to contact them, they will realize they're missing a golden opportunity. Hint hint fellow SFers.

I thought they were bringing it back (or something similar) this fall?
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xudisco07 View Post
It has been my experience that those people don't help. I had a problem once and had to really push them to get a resolution. Needless to say, I have not bought another pair of AE since.

Odd. I find that AE customer service is awesome. I only had 1 problem with them, but it was resolved perfectly.

The shoe had slight imperfection when i received it. They just apologized and exchanged it with another pair. Unfortunately they no longer have that shoe in stock so they had to ship it in from one of their stores (IIRC somewhere Midwest).

Zero Hassle and Zero additional cost.
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwp View Post
I would have to agree with everyone else, leave the president alone so he can work. If you have an issue in a store speak with the manager, if the issue was with the manager speak with the regional or division manager. Or, just don't worry about it and move on.
Honestly, I think that most people here completely overestimate the size of their management and business support organization. Around 600 people overall (http://www.jsonline.com/business/105355253.html) - that does not leave a lot of room for district and regional managers and a large customer service organization. There is no harm to make sure that the head of the company knows if things went really wrong (I am assuming that this was the case). I think we also don't have to worry that he will neglect his other duties since solving the issue will likely be delegated. My own experience with AE CS was so-and-so ... had to write 3 emails to get an update on an order which was overdue by more than a month. At another time they reacted quickly. Their work load probably varies quite a bit and might overwhelm them from time to time.
post #25 of 33
OP, post your experience here first, in case you're in danger of making yourself look silly. Unless of course it's really serious, in which case, the first thing you must do is poast hear.
post #26 of 33
PM members SpooPoker or voxsartoria. The former has all kinds of contact in the fashion industry and the latter is the official spokesperson for AE on these fora and elsewhere on the interwebz.
post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
Sheikh Mohammed is the Vice President of the UAE

Fair enough. When I went there over Spring Break, however, I got the impression that Sheikh Khalifa ain't got shit on the homie Sheikh Mo. That's more what I was going for, but you are certainly right.
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post
I have been strategically emailing them regarding this consistently this year. Every time I see them available still leftover in a store I perk up....and then die a little inside when they're never my size.

If we get enough people to contact them, they will realize they're missing a golden opportunity. Hint hint fellow SFers.

I know what you mean I get extremely excited when I see a pair but always in an 8 or 9 D never a damn 11.5 EEE. I'm annoyed that I can't even have them made to order.
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMills View Post
I know what you mean I get extremely excited when I see a pair but always in an 8 or 9 D never a damn 11.5 EEE. I'm annoyed that I can't even have them made to order.

Ah, a fellow 11.5 EEE-er. Glad to know someone shares my pain. Guys with 8 or 9 D get all the luck.
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshapiro View Post
Ah, a fellow 11.5 EEE-er. Glad to know someone shares my pain. Guys with 8 or 9 D get all the luck.
I don't know about that that's true. I wear 11.5 EEE and you know what they say about guys with big feet...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › President of AE