or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 67

post #991 of 5453
^ Depends on the fabric and lining, I find 6 fold grenadines too thick while a seven fold unlined tie makes a small yet elegant knot, matter of what you prefer. Width at the knotting point also makes a difference, I suggest asking David for his recommendation, he's more experienced and knowledgeable than most if not all of us
post #992 of 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post

This thread about an overpriced TF tie prompted me to post my Hober wedding tie that I got for much much less.
232

 

Is this Number #11?  That is the tie I was thinking of wearing for my wedding with my charcoal 3 piece.

post #993 of 5453
Hey SF members,

Anyone have the Dark Pink Reppe tie? I'd be most interested in seeing the tie in action and IRL. I will probably order it, but curious if it is dark/subdued or on the bright side of things. Thanks!
post #994 of 5453
First order from David arrived today. As everyone should know service and quality is second to none.

Some prints that don't show up too often, might help some decide.
Warning snooze fest:
DSCF4704.jpg

The usual grenadines, plus a cotton silk. Maybe the sleeper of the bunch.

DSCF4705.jpg
post #995 of 5453
^ Those look great, but a bit wide, what width did you get?
post #996 of 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

First order from David arrived today. As everyone should know service and quality is second to none.
Some prints that don't show up too often, might help some decide.
Warning snooze fest:

 

Warning: Amazing Fest! Well done.

post #997 of 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ Those look great, but a bit wide, what width did you get?

Thanks Spoo / Dave

Only .03 centimeters wider than your new go to width

or

4.1 cm more than foo.gif's expansion.
Edited by JPHardy - 5/7/12 at 4:59pm
post #998 of 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

The usual grenadines, plus a cotton silk. Maybe the sleeper of the bunch.
DSCF4705.jpg

Great choices!

Grenadines from L to R? dark navy fina, dark chocolate grossa, dark or slate blue grossa?
post #999 of 5453
David,

Any idea when you might get the midnight blue oxford fabric back in stock?
post #1000 of 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post

David,
Any idea when you might get the midnight blue oxford fabric back in stock?

GradSchooler,


In about 2 weeks I should be making an order of English silk - perhaps 3 months afterwards we will have the silk.

Meanwhile new grenadines have been woven and we should receive them in a couple of weeks.

JPHardy,

Great photos - I like the wood background.
post #1001 of 5453
David - I understand that you are currently moving but when can we expect the new Macclesfield prints up on the site?
post #1002 of 5453
Thank you David - you have my PM. I will continue the noble trend of passing along the swatches when I am done.
post #1003 of 5453
Anyone have the a Grenadine Fina Swatch Set ready to lend? Please PM me if you do - I'm getting ready to order! Thanks, Mike147
post #1004 of 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike147 View Post

Anyone have the a Grenadine Fina Swatch Set ready to lend? Please PM me if you do - I'm getting ready to order! Thanks, Mike147

PM sent.

post #1005 of 5453

Hi everyone,

 

Is there a Grenadine Grossa Solid swatch set available for lending? I ordered some other swatch sets a few weeks ago (fina, grossa stripe and the dot set) that I'll be willing to offer up for lending once I've received them and placed my (first!) order. 

 

Best,

 

Matt

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread