Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:01 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 48
Styleforum Top Picks
I have that one, wearing it today in fact. I am away and don't have a camera, but it is quite nice. Subtle and elegant, as you'd expect.
I think I need a new tie to wear with suit in formal and "dressy" events. I've been using silver satin tie which is the most appropriate choice for that kind of events but now I want something different. So, do you think Sam Hober silver/gray grenadines are formal enough for my purposes? Which one would you choose if you were me? At the moment I think garza fine would be better, since it's more subtle but still has an interesting texture.
If you consider questions like these, you're probably going to be dressed better than 99.5% of those in attendance. Get the one you like best.
Shockingly the ties arrived today. Even with the holidays, it was two weeks from order to delivery. Impressive.
More importantly, the ties are incredible. Not that anyone here needs affirmation of the quality. But they really live up to their reputation.
email. he responds very quickly (just remember his time zone is different). and he is always helpful and patient. he will gladly answer as many questions as you have.
that was my experience anyway.
Good evening MKtitsworth,
As In Stitches mentioned email is best: [URL=http://email@example.com][/URL]
And I am very relaxed and happy to answer your questions about how to make a tie that works well for you. Mainly I listen and ask questions trying to have your tie end up with your vision but my practical advice.
Our workshop is typically open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday) from 8 to 430 (Thai time zone) although I will often be in my office working late at night or early in the morning so that I can answer questions for the American time zone.
I look forward to hearing from you - please ask as many questions as you like.
You are 100% correct.
The warp silk is shot across the longer weft silk with typically contrast colors which produces the brilliant effect. Also handwoven silk has a rough texture which also reflects light.
Slubs are often present again a result of the hand weaving and reeling - but not always....
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers 1818 suit defect 5 minutes ago
- › Sartorio by Kiton at Pitti Uomo 85 7 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › To the SFers that don't work in a field which requires suit and... 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw