Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ties Galore Last post on Yesterday at 1:58 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- pricedrop 5/11 - RLPL Dot Tie and RLBL Knit Tie Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 5/11/13 at 9:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA Napoli Tie MEGATHREAD! Brand New - Various Colors, Materials & Designs - 7 FOLD!! Last post on 4/24/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Drake's Ties- 2 Grenadines and a Navy Polka Dot Last post on 4/14/13 at 9:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 48
I have that one, wearing it today in fact. I am away and don't have a camera, but it is quite nice. Subtle and elegant, as you'd expect.
I think I need a new tie to wear with suit in formal and "dressy" events. I've been using silver satin tie which is the most appropriate choice for that kind of events but now I want something different. So, do you think Sam Hober silver/gray grenadines are formal enough for my purposes? Which one would you choose if you were me? At the moment I think garza fine would be better, since it's more subtle but still has an interesting texture.
If you consider questions like these, you're probably going to be dressed better than 99.5% of those in attendance. Get the one you like best.
Shockingly the ties arrived today. Even with the holidays, it was two weeks from order to delivery. Impressive.
More importantly, the ties are incredible. Not that anyone here needs affirmation of the quality. But they really live up to their reputation.
email. he responds very quickly (just remember his time zone is different). and he is always helpful and patient. he will gladly answer as many questions as you have.
that was my experience anyway.
Good evening MKtitsworth,
As In Stitches mentioned email is best: [URL=http://email@example.com][/URL]
And I am very relaxed and happy to answer your questions about how to make a tie that works well for you. Mainly I listen and ask questions trying to have your tie end up with your vision but my practical advice.
Our workshop is typically open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday) from 8 to 430 (Thai time zone) although I will often be in my office working late at night or early in the morning so that I can answer questions for the American time zone.
I look forward to hearing from you - please ask as many questions as you like.
You are 100% correct.
The warp silk is shot across the longer weft silk with typically contrast colors which produces the brilliant effect. Also handwoven silk has a rough texture which also reflects light.
Slubs are often present again a result of the hand weaving and reeling - but not always....
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Dress Shirts for Sale (Zegna, Eton, Canali, etc - Size 16 mostly) -... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › What MANLY stuff did you do today? 2 minutes ago
- › New Epaulet Hancock Tassel Loafer Brown Chromexcel - 10.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Shell CORDOVAN MARLOW LINDRICK BOWERY MURDOCK 2/24... 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe