or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 432

post #6466 of 6640
http://putthison.com/post/141034897388/new-us-law-lowers-import-taxes-good-news-for-us

Anyone else hear about this? I'm assuming this means no more DHL duties on Hober orders. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Except for you big spenders dropping more than $800 at a time for ties. lol8[1].gif
post #6467 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaone View Post

http://putthison.com/post/141034897388/new-us-law-lowers-import-taxes-good-news-for-us

Anyone else hear about this? I'm assuming this means no more DHL duties on Hober orders. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Except for you big spenders dropping more than $800 at a time for ties. lol8[1].gif

 

I thought about that too.  No longer limited to 2 ties through DHL in an effort to avoid customs....

post #6468 of 6640

Great to see a brand live up to it's internet hype.

 

Recently bought a few of the Grenadine Fina ties, even investing in 6-fold construction for one of them.

 

Great quality ties, unfortunately they didn't fit the colour mix I was going for so I have to sell them :(

 

Think I might buy some different ones for work in the near future....

post #6469 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
 

 

This is exactly what I am looking for, but I can't find it on the site. Is it gone?

 

If anybody wants to sell their 9cm version, please PM me.

 

 

I want it too.  Maybe Mr. Hober will restock it??

post #6470 of 6640

that is such a nice tie!  and it really works with the subtle orange/rust stripes in the suit.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Stumbled across this old picture of my rust grenadine.

post #6471 of 6640

Does Hober charge extra to have a tie untipped w/hand rolled edges? Probably just due to my laziness, but I didn'y seem to notice anything definitive on the site to this effect, one way or the other.

post #6472 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

Does Hober charge extra to have a tie untipped w/hand rolled edges? Probably just due to my laziness, but I didn'y seem to notice anything definitive on the site to this effect, one way or the other.

$10

 

Here's the link for it:

 

http://www.samhober.com/options-for-tie-construction/hand-rolled-tie-edges-without-tipping.html

post #6473 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
 

 

This is exactly what I am looking for, but I can't find it on the site. Is it gone?

 

If anybody wants to sell their 9cm version, please PM me.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennius View Post
 

 

 

I want it too.  Maybe Mr. Hober will restock it??

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennius View Post
 

Paging @Sam Hober - Everybody wants to give you money to make more orange grenadine ties like Claghorn's! Is this available?

 

Edit:I've been checking this thread ever since I posted. No PMs yet...

post #6474 of 6640
I emailed David about whether he has any plans to offer a rust grenadine in the future. He responded and said that he had no such plans.
post #6475 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTesquire View Post

I emailed David about whether he has any plans to offer a rust grenadine in the future. He responded and said that he had no such plans.

That's odd, especially considering the Hober website boasts that they offer the largest selection of grenadines in the world. I don't doubt this is true, but one would think that a versatile color such as the coppery brown tie in the pic above would be a priority over some of the more obscure and... non-tasteful colors available.

Oh well, can't please everyone. I'd suggest that you gents looking for a "rust" grenadine consider any of the "chocolate" or "dark chocolate" grenadine options. They are much lighter IRL than the pics on the website indicate.
post #6476 of 6640
If you're set on rust you may want to check out the Mulberrywood Weave in rust. Just got one myself, very happy with the Mulberry weave (also did a few other colors) overall. They have more of a sheen to them than the grenadines, not as much texture and are wonderful ties.
post #6477 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie418 View Post

If you're set on rust you may want to check out the Mulberrywood Weave in rust. Just got one myself, very happy with the Mulberry weave (also did a few other colors) overall. They have more of a sheen to them than the grenadines, not as much texture and are wonderful ties.

 

Mind sharing?

post #6478 of 6640

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Mind sharing?
post #6479 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie418 View Post


The rust appears a bit "redder" than in person. For comparison purposes it's next to the Chocolate and Bitter Chocolate Grossa. The Mulberry are Steel Blue and Sky Blue.
post #6480 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie418 View Post


The rust appears a bit "redder" than in person. For comparison purposes it's next to the Chocolate and Bitter Chocolate Grossa. The Mulberry are Steel Blue and Sky Blue.

They look awesome! Either the sky blue or the rust with a navy blazer/suit would dominate. 

 

I like the sheen quite a bit. I was noticing that all my recent tie buys have been matte, and that I could use a little sheen in my life. I was planning to order a staple navy grenadine soon. I might have to add one of these Mulberry weaves to the order...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread