Don't be shy about asking David for advice when you're thinking through construction options.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/19/17 at 3:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 39post #571 of 669712/7/11 at 2:15pmpost #572 of 669712/7/11 at 3:44pmHi all
My gf just put in an order for two ties as Christmas presents for me, both fina grenadines: a Dark red (with gold bar tack) and the much-loved Bitter chocolate (with cobalt blue bar tack, my mind was blown by the pictures posted of this a while back). 3.25" width.
FWIW, David recommended a 56" length for me (I'm 5'10" and skinny).
Anyway I'm stoked. Will post some sexy-ass photos when I get them (I'm a photographer in my spare time).post #573 of 669712/7/11 at 6:07pmpost #574 of 669712/7/11 at 6:45pmpost #575 of 669712/7/11 at 6:48pmpost #576 of 669712/7/11 at 6:50pmpost #577 of 669712/8/11 at 10:03ampost #578 of 669712/8/11 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by HarleyBob
I now have 90 of David's ties. I would guess that I have 20+ grenadines. They have become my go to ties. I much prefer the grossas over the finas. They are incredibly classy, tone down any patterned shirt and compliment most every suit. My favorite colors are the slate blue, olive green and the dark sienna. I have the navy, bitter chocolate, burgundy, blacks, etc., but I find the three colors above to be the most interesting and the ones I use the most.
My new favorite grenadine arrived this week..a grossa solid - dark purple/black. If you don't have one of these - get one. My grenadines are also my go to ties. Also got a reppe stripe #15, the one in david's avatar. It is also a great tie. I don't have any pictures. As always, great service and advice. Thanks David.post #579 of 669712/8/11 at 11:35ampost #580 of 669712/8/11 at 12:04pmForgive the question, but I've searched and came up empty. I think grenadines are beauties (especially grossa); however, I don't know their formality--when to, when not to wear them. Are they acceptable for business suits, formal events, sport coats, or whatever you feel like? I feel the weave gives them an air of informality, but they look so formal at the same time.post #581 of 669712/8/11 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by zeero3
Forgive the question, but I've searched and came up empty. I think grenadines are beauties (especially grossa); however, I don't know their formality--when to, when not to wear them. Are they acceptable for business suits, formal events, sport coats, or whatever you feel like? I feel the weave gives them an air of informality, but they look so formal at the same time.
+1 I'd like to hear some opinions on this too.post #582 of 669712/8/11 at 3:04pmpost #583 of 669712/8/11 at 5:18pmQuote:
Ha ha, I would never buy someone clothes unprompted, what a minefield!
I was referring to the uptick of interest we're seeing in this threadpost #584 of 669712/8/11 at 5:31pmpost #585 of 669712/8/11 at 6:00pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1409 Active Users (293 Members and 1116 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 24 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Frank Clegg Briefcases 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...