or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 328

post #4906 of 5706
Midnight grenadine fina with red and white stripes in action.

post #4907 of 5706

Re: Tails coming unfolded:  

 

A few of mine (Macclesfield 6 folds) have done this.  I use a press cloth (a linen hankerchief) and just tap it down with the iron on low silk setting.  Spray some water on the cloth if stubborn. Press it from the back side of the tail to avoid shining the face.  

post #4908 of 5706
Silver-grey grenadine grossa in action.

post #4909 of 5706
^ arch, I love your Hober collection and contributions to this thread, but just wondering why you insist on taking your pics from such an awkward angle? facepalm.gif

IMO, pics are much more flattering and useful when we're looking straight-on at the knot/collar/lapels, a la pinkpanther's and most the other pics in this thread.
post #4910 of 5706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolve View Post

^ arch, I love your Hober collection and contributions to this thread, but just wondering why you insist on taking your pics from such an awkward angle? facepalm.gif

IMO, pics are much more flattering and useful when we're looking straight-on at the knot/collar/lapels, a la pinkpanther's and most the other pics in this thread.

It is less insistence and more lack of photography skills with a camera phone.
post #4911 of 5706
Today's Hober is a repeat and is the navy grenadine grossa (6-fold construction).

post #4912 of 5706
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

It is less insistence and more lack of photography skills with a camera phone.

I hear you. I am fortunate that my office gets some natural light, otherwise I would be out of luck because I would not do selfies where anyone could see me. shog[1].gif

Anyway, you keep on taking and posting pics archibaldleach. nod[1].gif
post #4913 of 5706
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post


I don't see the sage plaid linen anywhere. Maybe alliswell got the last one. Good for him, bad for me. frown.gif

Think I did. It's spectacular devil.gif
post #4914 of 5706
Inaugural wearing of the Macclesfield 100:

post #4915 of 5706
Today's Hober is a repeat and is the plaid silk #13 (6-fold construction).

post #4916 of 5706
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find it via a search of the thread.

Has anyone ordered both the fina and the picolla?

Curious to see how they look side by side.

Thanks.
post #4917 of 5706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find it via a search of the thread.

Has anyone ordered both the fina and the picolla?

Curious to see how they look side by side.

Thanks.

Is this enough, or do they have to be side by side?

http://www.samhober.com/grenadine.htm
post #4918 of 5706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find it via a search of the thread.

Has anyone ordered both the fina and the picolla?

Curious to see how they look side by side.

Thanks.

I don't have any of the grenadine piccola ties but here is a pic of all 4 weaves in navy swatches. The fina and piccola are on top. Hope this helps.

post #4919 of 5706
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

I don't have any of the grenadine piccola ties but here is a pic of all 4 weaves in navy swatches. The fina and piccola are on top. Hope this helps.


This is perfect, thank you.

I assume picolla is top left and fina top right?
post #4920 of 5706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

This is perfect, thank you.

I assume picolla is top left and fina top right?

Fina is top left, piccola is top right.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread