Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 315post #4711 of 65014/10/14 at 2:40pmpost #4712 of 65014/10/14 at 3:01pmFor what it's worth, I crave a darker grey grenadine when I'm wearing a brown odd/casual jacket and (gasp!) navy trousers, or the inverse. For these instances I think the ground shirt color is unimportant as long as it is lighter than its neighbors.
Given the above, I find black much too formal (unless it is a knit) and browns and blues are inevitably out. This leaves green which I often try to avoid with blue, and burgundy which I often find difficult to pair with certain browns.
A rich grey - essentially a warmer, softer black - would be perfect, and would open up the option of either black or (contrasting) brown shoes/belt.post #4713 of 65014/11/14 at 6:18ampost #4714 of 65014/11/14 at 9:33ampost #4715 of 65014/11/14 at 9:50ampost #4716 of 65014/11/14 at 10:48am
Nice choicepost #4717 of 65014/12/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
(edit) Also I am advised of a new gallery here: http://www.samhober.com/gallery/
Just in case the new guys didn't know the link.
Edited by MDeKelver - 4/14/14 at 12:14pmpost #4718 of 65014/13/14 at 6:46pmpost #4719 of 65014/14/14 at 6:21ampost #4720 of 65014/14/14 at 11:09amHi David, could you please tell me whether there is a quality difference between inkjet printing, silk screening and hand printing. And since when the former is being used. Is it used by both English and Italian producers? And how can it be recognized? I heard you can tell it's inkjet printing when the back of the silk is white. Interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Edited by C&A - 4/14/14 at 11:55ampost #4721 of 65014/14/14 at 1:03pmpost #4722 of 65014/15/14 at 5:39ampost #4723 of 65014/15/14 at 8:10am
As promised, please find below my first post with pictures of one of my recent Sam Hober PS purchases in action. In this instance, a rough Thai silk PS in (ahem) "burnt orange".
The picture was taken in the wilds of TST Hong Kong during a recent sartorial sojourn there. Apologies in advance to the "CBD crowd (in the financial services industry)" at SF for the garish "burnt orange" display of dandyism, within sight of the ICC building in West Kowloon.
(Blazer, Shirt, Trousers by Ash Samtani & Shoes by C&J)
More to follow...
Edited by BespokeKiwi - 4/17/14 at 7:45ampost #4724 of 65014/15/14 at 1:08pmpost #4725 of 65014/15/14 at 2:40pmQuote:
Haha, so true. You have to commend PPs loyalty. But hey, as long as you can find what you want among David's fabrics, I see little reason to look elsewhere.
And thanks for spoilering those ties , PP. I of course had to sneak peak only to quickly shield my eyes from the unsoporofic glare.
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Stroller (the baby kind) 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 17 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 20 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 30 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 31 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts