Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/19/17 at 3:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 315post #4711 of 66974/10/14 at 2:40pmpost #4712 of 66974/10/14 at 3:01pmFor what it's worth, I crave a darker grey grenadine when I'm wearing a brown odd/casual jacket and (gasp!) navy trousers, or the inverse. For these instances I think the ground shirt color is unimportant as long as it is lighter than its neighbors.
Given the above, I find black much too formal (unless it is a knit) and browns and blues are inevitably out. This leaves green which I often try to avoid with blue, and burgundy which I often find difficult to pair with certain browns.
A rich grey - essentially a warmer, softer black - would be perfect, and would open up the option of either black or (contrasting) brown shoes/belt.post #4713 of 66974/11/14 at 6:18ampost #4714 of 66974/11/14 at 9:33ampost #4715 of 66974/11/14 at 9:50ampost #4716 of 66974/11/14 at 10:48am
Nice choicepost #4717 of 66974/12/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
(edit) Also I am advised of a new gallery here: http://www.samhober.com/gallery/
Just in case the new guys didn't know the link.
Edited by MDeKelver - 4/14/14 at 12:14pmpost #4718 of 66974/13/14 at 6:46pmpost #4719 of 66974/14/14 at 6:21ampost #4720 of 66974/14/14 at 11:09amHi David, could you please tell me whether there is a quality difference between inkjet printing, silk screening and hand printing. And since when the former is being used. Is it used by both English and Italian producers? And how can it be recognized? I heard you can tell it's inkjet printing when the back of the silk is white. Interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Edited by C&A - 4/14/14 at 11:55ampost #4721 of 66974/14/14 at 1:03pmpost #4722 of 66974/15/14 at 5:39ampost #4723 of 66974/15/14 at 8:10am
As promised, please find below my first post with pictures of one of my recent Sam Hober PS purchases in action. In this instance, a rough Thai silk PS in (ahem) "burnt orange".
The picture was taken in the wilds of TST Hong Kong during a recent sartorial sojourn there. Apologies in advance to the "CBD crowd (in the financial services industry)" at SF for the garish "burnt orange" display of dandyism, within sight of the ICC building in West Kowloon.
(Blazer, Shirt, Trousers by Ash Samtani & Shoes by C&J)
More to follow...
Edited by BespokeKiwi - 4/17/14 at 7:45ampost #4724 of 66974/15/14 at 1:08pmpost #4725 of 66974/15/14 at 2:40pmQuote:
Haha, so true. You have to commend PPs loyalty. But hey, as long as you can find what you want among David's fabrics, I see little reason to look elsewhere.
And thanks for spoilering those ties , PP. I of course had to sneak peak only to quickly shield my eyes from the unsoporofic glare.
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 14 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 31 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 32 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 41 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 46 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 48 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...