Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Tom Ford Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 11/19/14 at 11:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 253
Styleforum Top Picks
Agreed that some dimple is better than no dimple and the side dimple is fine by me. Before Hober I would fuss a little over the knot but it was more about what length the tie was coming out than anything else. Now all my (Hober) ties are the same length and it is easy to get both the preferred length and, of course, the preferred knot with a minimum of fuss.
Mine are tipped (as are all of mine regardless of type of material, just a personal preference).
+1 - Hobers are my easiest ties to (dimple) knot by a wide margin. One of the many reasons I like them so much.
Ordered these last night:
Each should pair quite well with various shirt colors, e.g., pale blue, lavender, pale pink, white.
Nice choices...I have both of these ties. I'll be wearing the #119 tomorrow as a matter of fact.
Also, what's your thought process / rationale for choosing grenadine grossa, fina, or prometeo? Is it purely an aesthetic issue or do other factors (e.g. diversification, formality, suit/jacket texture, etc.) factor in? Thanks.
- Black grenadine grossa
- Navy grenadine grossa
- Burgundy oxford weave
- Silver / grey grenadine grossa
- Sky blue rep solid silk tie
My 5 Favorites (some tough calls in here):
- Silver / grey grenadine grossa
- White pindot on midnight blue grenadine grossa
- Powder blue and brown stripes on midnight blue grenadine grossa
- English pattern silk tie #6 (http://www.samhober.com/pattern-silk-ties/english-pattern-silk-tie-6.html)
- Green dots on burgundy pindot silk tie
Reason for the difference is I have some favorites that are not quite as versatile but I am happy to have a large rotation. If I could only have 5, however, I'd go for versatility.
My preference for grossa over fina is due to the former having a more interesting and visible texture. If I wanted a more subtle texture, something like the diamond weave or oxford weave would work better for my tastes.
My top 5 Hobers would be Navy Grenadine Grossa, Burgandy Grenadine Grossa, a navy-grounded Macclesfield (can't really go wrong with any of them), any simple stripe (the SF Club tie grenadine is a good one), and a more colourful tie like an orange, brown, or purple.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 1 minute ago
- › NWT PRL/Corneliani - Gray Flannel Trousers - 32 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Indochino suits? 11 minutes ago
- › Feeling lost. Do I suck at dressing? Here's a pic for example: 12 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 17 minutes ago
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 23 minutes ago
- › The official brogue boot style thread. 24 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 24 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)