Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/21/15 at 10:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Frui Tie SF Group Buy (interest check) Last post on 3/26/15 at 9:20pm in Classic Menswear
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TOM FORD Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 253
Styleforum Top Picks
Agreed that some dimple is better than no dimple and the side dimple is fine by me. Before Hober I would fuss a little over the knot but it was more about what length the tie was coming out than anything else. Now all my (Hober) ties are the same length and it is easy to get both the preferred length and, of course, the preferred knot with a minimum of fuss.
Mine are tipped (as are all of mine regardless of type of material, just a personal preference).
+1 - Hobers are my easiest ties to (dimple) knot by a wide margin. One of the many reasons I like them so much.
Ordered these last night:
Each should pair quite well with various shirt colors, e.g., pale blue, lavender, pale pink, white.
Nice choices...I have both of these ties. I'll be wearing the #119 tomorrow as a matter of fact.
Also, what's your thought process / rationale for choosing grenadine grossa, fina, or prometeo? Is it purely an aesthetic issue or do other factors (e.g. diversification, formality, suit/jacket texture, etc.) factor in? Thanks.
- Black grenadine grossa
- Navy grenadine grossa
- Burgundy oxford weave
- Silver / grey grenadine grossa
- Sky blue rep solid silk tie
My 5 Favorites (some tough calls in here):
- Silver / grey grenadine grossa
- White pindot on midnight blue grenadine grossa
- Powder blue and brown stripes on midnight blue grenadine grossa
- English pattern silk tie #6 (http://www.samhober.com/pattern-silk-ties/english-pattern-silk-tie-6.html)
- Green dots on burgundy pindot silk tie
Reason for the difference is I have some favorites that are not quite as versatile but I am happy to have a large rotation. If I could only have 5, however, I'd go for versatility.
My preference for grossa over fina is due to the former having a more interesting and visible texture. If I wanted a more subtle texture, something like the diamond weave or oxford weave would work better for my tastes.
My top 5 Hobers would be Navy Grenadine Grossa, Burgandy Grenadine Grossa, a navy-grounded Macclesfield (can't really go wrong with any of them), any simple stripe (the SF Club tie grenadine is a good one), and a more colourful tie like an orange, brown, or purple.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › theblacktux.com - black tie event?? 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...