Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 253
Styleforum Top Picks
Agreed that some dimple is better than no dimple and the side dimple is fine by me. Before Hober I would fuss a little over the knot but it was more about what length the tie was coming out than anything else. Now all my (Hober) ties are the same length and it is easy to get both the preferred length and, of course, the preferred knot with a minimum of fuss.
Mine are tipped (as are all of mine regardless of type of material, just a personal preference).
+1 - Hobers are my easiest ties to (dimple) knot by a wide margin. One of the many reasons I like them so much.
Ordered these last night:
Each should pair quite well with various shirt colors, e.g., pale blue, lavender, pale pink, white.
Nice choices...I have both of these ties. I'll be wearing the #119 tomorrow as a matter of fact.
Also, what's your thought process / rationale for choosing grenadine grossa, fina, or prometeo? Is it purely an aesthetic issue or do other factors (e.g. diversification, formality, suit/jacket texture, etc.) factor in? Thanks.
- Black grenadine grossa
- Navy grenadine grossa
- Burgundy oxford weave
- Silver / grey grenadine grossa
- Sky blue rep solid silk tie
My 5 Favorites (some tough calls in here):
- Silver / grey grenadine grossa
- White pindot on midnight blue grenadine grossa
- Powder blue and brown stripes on midnight blue grenadine grossa
- English pattern silk tie #6 (http://www.samhober.com/pattern-silk-ties/english-pattern-silk-tie-6.html)
- Green dots on burgundy pindot silk tie
Reason for the difference is I have some favorites that are not quite as versatile but I am happy to have a large rotation. If I could only have 5, however, I'd go for versatility.
My preference for grossa over fina is due to the former having a more interesting and visible texture. If I wanted a more subtle texture, something like the diamond weave or oxford weave would work better for my tastes.
My top 5 Hobers would be Navy Grenadine Grossa, Burgandy Grenadine Grossa, a navy-grounded Macclesfield (can't really go wrong with any of them), any simple stripe (the SF Club tie grenadine is a good one), and a more colourful tie like an orange, brown, or purple.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 29 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing 9157 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Sizing 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Red Wing 9157 16 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 16 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge, August 28th: Boots 'n Suits 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015