or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 250

post #3736 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post


NewShoes1: Who did your shirt? Love that collar!

 

Nothing special.  Just a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt.  I've moved from Brooks Brothers to CT for my shirts because I prefer the collars.

post #3737 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

I wonder why there is a $5 upcharge for British direction stripes. I would figure it's just a matter of orienting the fabric 180 degrees opposite from normal before cutting/folding, no?

I believe there is some wastage from the bolt.
post #3738 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

I believe there is some wastage from the bolt.

Ahh, that would make sense. Thanks for the info!
post #3739 of 5696

Alas, my Sam Hober collecting habit has now progressed to an advanced stage.  The ties and PS items below arrived in the mail today and I confess that I'm already planning my next order, to add to my growing Sam Hober collection.  :)

 

I will add product details of the items below as a separate edit update.  

 

Sorry no in action photos available yet as I'm still awaiting new suits from my Hong Kong Tailor.  Presently, I can't wear my existing suits as I've lost a lot of weight in recent years and they're all too big now.

 

For David: Thanks again for great products and top notch personalised service.

 

post #3740 of 5696
Today's Hober is the magenta grenadine grossa (6-fold construction).

post #3741 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

One of the new wools. I think I only have one Hober stripe, and I don't have any wool stripes, or didn't, so I am very pleased with these ties.

 

 

tdude - really like the combination (and the tie of course).  :cheers:

post #3742 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeKiwi View Post
 

Alas, my Sam Hober collecting habit has now progressed to an advanced stage.  The ties and PS items below arrived in the mail today and I confess that I'm already planning my next order, to add to my growing Sam Hober collection.  :)

 

I will add product details of the items below as a separate edit update.

 

Sorry no in action photos available yet as I'm still awaiting new suits from my Hong Kong Tailor.  Presently, I can't wear my existing suits as I've lost a lot of weight in recent years and they're all too big now.

 

For David: Thanks again for great products and top notch personalised service.

 

 

 

Looking forward to the action pics.  :nodding:

 

Nice to have someone who appreciates some bolder colors on the thread. :D

post #3743 of 5696
post #3744 of 5696
^ I was just contemplating those myself!
post #3745 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

^ I was just contemplating those myself!

cheers.gif

I'm leaning toward the bottom one. I like the smaller scale dots. What are your thoughts? Hopefully someone can post a real life pic to better show color. Looks like a nice brownish burgundy.
post #3746 of 5696
I also prefer the smaller scale dots and was thinking of getting burgundy and navy. But then I was looking through some saved images and came across this, which makes a good case for the larger scale.

post #3747 of 5696
Too funny. I have that same image saved as well. I originally came across it on a Put This On post.
post #3748 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

^ I was just contemplating those myself!

cheers.gif

I'm leaning toward the bottom one. I like the smaller scale dots. What are your thoughts? Hopefully someone can post a real life pic to better show color. Looks like a nice brownish burgundy.

The smaller, closer together, dots are considered slightly more formal. I happen to like both styles.
post #3749 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The smaller, closer together, dots are considered slightly more formal. I happen to like both styles.

I like them both as well, which is why I can't decide. laugh.gif
post #3750 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

I like them both as well, which is why I can't decide. laugh.gif

In this case, even I can't say you need both...happy.gif

For what it's worth I prefer the larger scale dots but both are great. Funny, I would have sworn you have posted pics of a burgundy pin dot tie. My memory isn't what it used to be. shog[1].gif

I don't have either of those ties but I like them both.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread