Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 249post #3721 of 682012/4/13 at 12:53pmpost #3722 of 682012/4/13 at 1:05pmpost #3723 of 682012/4/13 at 1:11pmpost #3724 of 682012/4/13 at 1:18pmpost #3725 of 682012/4/13 at 2:01pmQuote:
Thanks. Might have to wear one tomorrow
The blue is the navy madder number 5. I got it to fill out the in between shade of my more midnight navy and a lighter royal navy. It's a lovely, almost purplish leaning blue.post #3726 of 682012/4/13 at 2:10pmQuote:
The suit jacket pocket is on the same side in each of your pics, though, so it appears the stripes are indeed reversed on Murl's tie. Interesting. I've never really paid much attention to stripe direction and both look fine, but I believe Murl's is the British direction. There's a $5 upcharge for this according to the Hober site, so I'm intrigued as to why his tie was made this way if he didn't specify it.post #3727 of 682012/4/13 at 2:41pmpost #3728 of 682012/4/13 at 2:57pmpost #3729 of 682012/4/13 at 3:03pmpost #3730 of 682012/4/13 at 3:15pmpost #3731 of 682012/4/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
I generally prefer the British direction.post #3732 of 682012/5/13 at 5:12amQuote:Originally Posted by LuNa23Quote:Originally Posted by DonRaphael
Navy wont be re-stocked until next year (jan-feb).
I had not seen that yet. Thanks for that, i appreciate it.
I am thinking of ordering the following:
Bitter Chocolate, grossa: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-solid-silk-ties/bitter-chocolate-grenadine-silk-tie-6.html
Midnight Blue, fina: https://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/midnight-blue-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-8.html
Burgundy, piccola: https://www.samhober.com/grenadine-piccola-silk-ties/burgundy-piccola-grenadine-silk-tie-3.html
Any advice you/or anyone else could offer on the above?
Edit: decided to place the order as i got too excited.
I changed the Burgundy to a Prometeo weave: https://www.samhober.com/grenadine-prometeo-silk-ties/burgundy-prometeo-grenadine-silk-tie-3.html
Also ordered some swatches of various Macclesfield ties.
I asked for a Classic Tie, 57 in length and 3.5 in width as these will be my first ever tie purchases.
As mentioned above, when i put in my order i asked for a Classic Tie (width is 3.75, not 3.5 as mentioned above), as i am not sure what measurements are best for me. I did leave a note with my height and weight just in case. I just received an email from David with a suggestion on what size to go for. Brilliant customer service so far, which is something you dont get a lot of nowadays.
Already planning out a future order for when the navy grossa grenadine comes back in stock.
Very happy i decided to go with Hober.post #3733 of 682012/5/13 at 5:57ampost #3734 of 682012/5/13 at 7:03ampost #3735 of 682012/5/13 at 8:00am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1379 Active Users (320 Members and 1059 Guests)
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Vancouver SF meetup -- proposed 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...