or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 246

post #3676 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Tie whichever knot you like the best and let David know which knot you prefer. He will take that into account. I tie a half Windsor about 80% of the time, regardless of fabric. The other days I typically opt for a Pratt knot. I tie a FIH knot only a few times a year.

Thank you. Have been emailing with David back and forth, he's really helpful. I'm going to use FIH and ended up with L: 58" and W: 3,5". I think I'm going to go all in on grenadines this time. I own only two grenadines at the time being, one from Panta and one from Barba Napoli.

 

Here are my Sam Hober choices:

Bitter Chocolate, Prometeo: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-prometeo-silk-ties/bitter-chocolate-prometeo-grenadine-silk-tie-21.html

Midnight Blue, Fina: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/midnight-blue-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-8.html

Slate Blue, Grossa: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-solid-silk-ties/slate-blue-grenadine-silk-tie-12.html

Off White striped on Midnight Blue, Grossa: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-stripe-silk-ties/off-white-stripe-on-midnight-blue-grenadine-tie-5.html

Midnight Blue, Prometeo: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-prometeo-silk-ties/midnight-blue-prometeo-grenadine-silk-tie-6.html

 

Out of stock:

Dark Chocolate, Fina: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/dark-chocolate-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-5.html

Navy, Fina: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/navy-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-10.html

Burgundy, Grossa: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-solid-silk-ties/burgundy-grenadine-silk-tie.html

 

Thoughts?


Edited by DonRaphael - 11/30/13 at 8:39am
post #3677 of 5180
^ DonRaphael - all excellent choices. You literally cannot go wrong with any of them. Remember to post pics! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3678 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

^ DonRaphael - all excellent choices. You literally cannot go wrong with any of them. Remember to post pics! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks. Trying to figure out if the Midnight blue prometeo and fina differ in shades. If not, I might change one of them for a powder blue & brown striped on midnight blue grenadine grossa. Any insight on that?

post #3679 of 5180
Great choices don!
post #3680 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Thanks. Trying to figure out if the Midnight blue prometeo and fina differ in shades. If not, I might change one of them for a powder blue & brown striped on midnight blue grenadine grossa. Any insight on that?

Here is a pic of the two swatches. There is a difference in shade but some of that is probably the difference in weaves (I believe the fina is the smallest weave and prometeo is the largest weave). Personally, I would pick the midnight blue I liked the best and get the stripe you mention above.....actually, what am I saying....I would get them all!biggrin.gif

Sorry for the sideways pic shog[1].gif

post #3681 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post


Here is a pic of the two swatches. There is a difference in shade but some of that is probably the difference in weaves (I believe the fina is the smallest weave and prometeo is the largest weave). Personally, I would pick the midnight blue I liked the best and get the stripe you mention above.....actually, what am I saying....I would get them all!biggrin.gif

Sorry for the sideways pic shog[1].gif

 

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I think the prometeo looks more like navy, correct? Since I'm getting a navy grenadine when they're re-stocked I may go with the fina weave. Do you happen to have swatches for more/all the midnight and navy grenadine weaves (grossa, fina, prometeo & piccola)? If so, would it be possible to take a picture of them?

 

I probably will follow your last advice (get them all) but in different orders over time. Thanks once again for your help.

post #3682 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I think the prometeo looks more like navy, correct? Since I'm getting a navy grenadine when they're re-stocked I may go with the fina weave. Do you happen to have swatches for more/all the midnight and navy grenadine weaves (grossa, fina, prometeo & piccola)? If so, would it be possible to take a picture of them?

I probably will follow your last advice (get them all) but in different orders over time. Thanks once again for your help.

Only because I like you. smile.gif

Here are the midnight blue swatches:



Here are the navy swatches:

post #3683 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post


Only because I like you. smile.gif

Here are the midnight blue swatches:



Here are the navy swatches:

 

Mille grazie, as the Italians say =) you are truly a gentleman.

 

Here's the thing; you think that a picture like this will help you decide on what to have, but it leaves you even more confused an potentially poorer. I'm clueless. I like everyone of them. I know what I don't want, but I don't know what I want. Ergo, I want 'em all.

post #3684 of 5180
Can someone with Macclesfield Silk Tie #104 confirm the color. I could have sworn it was olive, but the one I got is gray. It is out of stock now so can't confirm on the site.
post #3685 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Can someone with Macclesfield Silk Tie #104 confirm the color. I could have sworn it was olive, but the one I got is gray. It is out of stock now so can't confirm on the site.

I don't have that one so I am no help other than to suggest contacting David with any questions or concerns.
post #3686 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

I don't have that one so I am no help other than to suggest contacting David with any questions or concerns.

He saw the post and already contacted me. David's customer service is truly top notch. I guess I didn't pick up that the color was an olive/gray mix. I love all three so the ties I just received and now that I think of it, I'm actually glad the one has more of a gray tone...I don't have many gray ties.
post #3687 of 5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

He saw the post and already contacted me. David's customer service is truly top notch.

+ a really lot! nod[1].gif

Enjoy your new Hobers and don't forget pics!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3688 of 5180
Terrible lighting and hideous ironing board background, but here they are!

post #3689 of 5180

Finally placed my first order at SH. All grenadines:

 

* Bitter Chocolate, Prometeo http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-prometeo-silk-ties/bitter-chocolate-prometeo-grenadine-silk-tie-21.html

* Black, Fina http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/black-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-7.html

*  Midnight Blue, Fina http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/midnight-blue-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-8.html

Midnight Blue, Grossa http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-solid-silk-ties/midnight-blue-grenadine-silk-tie-8.html

Slate Blue, Grossa http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-solid-silk-ties/slate-blue-grenadine-silk-tie-12.html

 

Already planning my next grenadine order when everything is re-stocked:

Dark Chocolate, Fina http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/dark-chocolate-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-5.html

Burgundy, Grossa http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-solid-silk-ties/burgundy-grenadine-silk-tie.html

* Navy, Fina http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/navy-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-10.html

Navy, Grossa http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-solid-silk-ties/navy-grenadine-grossa-silk-tie-10.html

Powder Blue & Brown stripes on Midnight Blue, Grossa http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-stripe-silk-ties/powder-blue-and-brown-stripes-on-midnight-blue-grenadine-tie-3.html

Off White striped on Midnight Blue, Grossa http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-stripe-silk-ties/off-white-stripe-on-midnight-blue-grenadine-tie-5.html

 

Thanks pinkpanther for the help with the swatches. Will post pictures once received.


Edited by DonRaphael - 12/1/13 at 3:45am
post #3690 of 5180
Great ties murl. And great lineup don.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread