Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:16 am in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 12:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on 1/31/16 at 4:24am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 244
post #3646 of 6441
11/25/13 at 6:05am
Styleforum Top Picks
post #3647 of 6441
11/25/13 at 6:09am
post #3648 of 6441
11/25/13 at 8:36am
post #3649 of 6441
11/25/13 at 8:41am
post #3650 of 6441
11/25/13 at 1:12pm
post #3651 of 6441
11/25/13 at 2:12pm
post #3652 of 6441
11/25/13 at 3:54pm
I was impressed. I see another order in my future.
No, but I always limit my orders to two ties. Not sure if it's correct or not, but I recall hearing that there is no duty on purchases that are under $200.
post #3653 of 6441
11/25/13 at 7:22pm
post #3654 of 6441
11/25/13 at 8:11pm
This is normal in my experience. Can't speak for snail mail.
post #3655 of 6441
11/25/13 at 8:17pm
I might have to go that route. I called DHL to schedule a different delivery date and got hit with a $22 bill for three ties. Oh well...
post #3656 of 6441
11/25/13 at 8:26pm
^ guess I never have felt duties were a big enough deal (in the U.S.) to adjust purchasing quantities or shipment methods. I want as many Hobers as I can afford as quickly as possible and paying about 5.5% duties (which is less than sales tax in the county I live in) doesn't seem all that bad.
post #3657 of 6441
11/25/13 at 9:11pm
post #3658 of 6441
11/26/13 at 1:52am
post #3659 of 6441
11/26/13 at 7:28am
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
Currently, there are 1272 Active Users (332 Members and 940 Guests)
- › What are the ties in the show "Suits" 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 20 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...