Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 241
Styleforum Top Picks
Very nice archibaldleach!
It is my favorite Hober stripe, but probably has too much red in it to become an SF favorite.
Don't wait and live in regret. I'm sure you can find another one or two Hobers that you "need" to combine an order with now...
I think that as long as the tie doesn't have red as the dominant color, it works. Plus the red's dark enough.
Thank you. This is where having a wish list comes in handy. You can always find another tie or two to buy, plus having everything you want on your wish list makes it easier to track how much of a fabric is in stock.
My comment was made (mostly) with tongue firmly planted in cheek (I clearly don't share the general SF aversion to red ties, whether dark or not).
All that said, I think that striped tie is one of David's better ties in a very large collection of awesome ties.
Above is an image from an earlier post showing my planning for some new rough Thai silk PS -- in textured solid and/or contrasting two-tone colours -- to combine with the new Sam Hober grenadine ties pictured.
Below is an updated image showing the new PS that arrived today. (Thanks David)
Again, I appreciate that my choice of contrasting colour combinations may not be for everyone. So, apologies in advance if they appear garish to some members.
Edited by BespokeKiwi - 11/7/13 at 4:11pm
Below are some images showing the full scope of my plans for both recent and intended future purchases of Sam Hober grenadine ties and mated pocket squares.
The top fabric swatches are the grenadine fabrics and the lower swatches are the rough Thai PS fabrics. As you can see I going either for: (1) contrasting or (2) tone on tone colour combinations.
Levi, I think dimitrioup is basically saying the same thing (he is appreciative of it being the only good thing in the combo ).
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Inspiration 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 15 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 15 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)