Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 8/10/16 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 240post #3586 of 654111/13/13 at 11:07ampost #3587 of 654111/13/13 at 12:13pm
Is actually chocolate grenadine? It does look dark red as you noted. I am thinking of ordering it.
Have you seen it pictured elsewhere where you get a better sense of the color?
Quote:post #3588 of 654111/13/13 at 7:17pm^Ennius - I have the chocolate and dark chocolate grossa's and previously posted these pics:
I don't have the bitter chocolate and I actually am...bitter about that. I think that may be the best of the chocolates. If you search this thread you will find some pics of it, especially the fina weave.
If you are into chocolate I would suggest either the dark or the bitter. Can't go wrong with either.
Edited by pinkpanther - 11/13/13 at 7:34pmpost #3589 of 654111/13/13 at 7:37pmpost #3590 of 654111/14/13 at 5:24ampost #3591 of 654111/14/13 at 8:04ampost #3592 of 654111/14/13 at 8:39ampost #3593 of 654111/14/13 at 9:18am
Just got three basics in: Black Grossa, Midnight Blue Grossa, and Burgundy Piccola. They are all four-fold, lined ties.
Here's me wearing the burgundy today. The color in real life is substantially darker than it appears in this photo; I really need a new camera. This is a four-in-hand knot.post #3594 of 654111/14/13 at 10:00ampost #3595 of 654111/14/13 at 11:05ampost #3596 of 654111/14/13 at 11:19am
So my latest order from Hober was just delivered to my house which is always an awesome day.
I continue to be amazed with how quick DHL gets the ties from Thailand to my house here in the Atlanta area.
I received a note from David on Tuesday morning at about 8:30 am EST that the ties were on their way. My wife signed for them about 2 hours ago (Thursday at roughly noon EST).
I know there is the benefit of time zone travel but 2 day delivery from Thailand to Atlanta for about $40 is fucking awesome.
Anyway, enough about DHL. I'll be posting pics of the new ties as I wear them.post #3597 of 654111/14/13 at 11:42ampost #3598 of 654111/14/13 at 12:19pmpost #3599 of 654111/14/13 at 12:20pmpost #3600 of 654111/15/13 at 6:00am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Alden Snuff Suede Chukkas 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › 2 pairs of Brand New Carmina & 1 Vass Shell Cordovan (UK7/EU41) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › How to look like a super villain at work 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding