or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 238

post #3556 of 4900
Thread Starter 
great looking tie, pp. the hober madders really look much more alive in these pics than the on the site. important to remmeber.
post #3557 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

great looking tie, pp. the hober madders really look much more alive in these pics than the on the site. important to remmeber.

Absolutely. I'm hardly an expert on silk-printing, but in my experience what often happens is that the printing dye ends up "covering" the silk in a way, giving it color but muting it's vibrancy. With the madders from Sam Hober, the dye is really soaked through, so you don't see the dye but rather the silk with it's full lustre. I was surprised when I got my first madder because I can't actually tell what the original color of the silk is and what is printed color, because it's all equally lustrous and "alive" as you say. Amazing stuff.
post #3558 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

bump. I would appreciate any comment..Thanks

http://www.styleforum.net/t/245529/a-sam-and-david-hober-tie-appreciation-thread/3495#post_6652662
smile.gif
post #3559 of 4900
Today's Hober is a repeat from April, the dark navy with white dots #1 (6-fold construction).

post #3560 of 4900
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silverfox View Post

Absolutely. I'm hardly an expert on silk-printing, but in my experience what often happens is that the printing dye ends up "covering" the silk in a way, giving it color but muting it's vibrancy. With the madders from Sam Hober, the dye is really soaked through, so you don't see the dye but rather the silk with it's full lustre. I was surprised when I got my first madder because I can't actually tell what the original color of the silk is and what is printed color, because it's all equally lustrous and "alive" as you say. Amazing stuff.

you are literally trying to suck money out of my wallet right now.
post #3561 of 4900
I was really wondering who would order that tie. Now I know
post #3562 of 4900
Man, I haven't worn a Hober all week. I may soon have to resign my club membership in disgrace.frown.gif
post #3563 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

Man, I haven't worn a Hober all week. I may soon have to resign my club membership in disgrace.frown.gif

You should be put on probation and required to wear the unofficial SF Hober club tie no less than once a week for the month of November and purchase four new Hobers by the end of the month. I believe that is a just sentence.
post #3564 of 4900

darn.  I thought the penalty would be at least 10 new hobers

post #3565 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

darn.  I thought the penalty would be at least 10 new hobers

New Hobers, in any amount, are never a penalty. happy.gif

tdude - you are like a thread member emeritus so you should be safe for now (although in stitches as the thread starter really has the final call...). All that said, get back to wearing HOBERS! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3566 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

you are literally trying to suck money out of my wallet right now.

Just let it go...just let it go. nod[1].gif
post #3567 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

you are literally trying to suck money out of my wallet right now.

Misery loves company, don't you know?

If I'm going to be broke and destitute, I'm taking you guys with me!



On a somewhat related note, 3 new hobers ordered.

http://www.samhober.com/new-wool-and-silk-ties/dark-charcoal-plaid-wool-tie-clone.html

http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-challis-patterned-wool-ties/challis-macclesfield-midnight-blue-pattern-wool-tie-1.html

http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-silk-stripe-and-pin-dot-ties/white-on-midnight-blue-grenadine-fina-pin-dot-silk-tie-1.html
Edited by The Silverfox - 10/18/13 at 4:06am
post #3568 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

Today's Hober is a repeat from April, the dark navy with white dots #1 (6-fold construction).


I love that tie, really wonderful. What I love about it (that doesn't appear in photos) is the shininess of the woven white dots. Rather than sitting there as flat white spots, they really pop because of the lustre of the white silk. I have it myself and I really regret not getting it in 6-fold.
post #3569 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silverfox View Post

I love that tie, really wonderful. What I love about it (that doesn't appear in photos) is the shininess of the woven white dots. Rather than sitting there as flat white spots, they really pop because of the lustre of the white silk. I have it myself and I really regret not getting it in 6-fold.

Nice to hear your remarks. A lovely tie indeed. I have the burgundy version on the way. nod[1].gif
post #3570 of 4900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Nice to hear your remarks. A lovely tie indeed. I have the burgundy version on the way. nod[1].gif

Good choice, the burgundy is very beautiful as well. In fact the only reason I didn't go for it myself was that I was leaning towards getting a scarf made in the same fabric, then after I decided on something else for the scarf I sort of forgot about it, but it may warrant revisiting. I have a suspicion that the burgundy would look fantastic with a "wooly" type of navy suit, pink shirt and white square. Think the square and the white dots would each make the other pop.

Be sure to put up pics when it arrives.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread