Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 230post #3437 of 682110/17/13 at 10:19amQuote:
You should be put on probation and required to wear the unofficial SF Hober club tie no less than once a week for the month of November and purchase four new Hobers by the end of the month. I believe that is a just sentence.post #3438 of 682110/17/13 at 10:31ampost #3439 of 682110/17/13 at 10:51am
New Hobers, in any amount, are never a penalty.
tdude - you are like a thread member emeritus so you should be safe for now (although in stitches as the thread starter really has the final call...). All that said, get back to wearing HOBERS!post #3440 of 682110/17/13 at 10:52ampost #3441 of 682110/18/13 at 1:58amQuote:
Misery loves company, don't you know?
If I'm going to be broke and destitute, I'm taking you guys with me!
On a somewhat related note, 3 new hobers ordered.
Edited by The Silverfox - 10/18/13 at 4:06ampost #3442 of 682110/18/13 at 2:18amQuote:
I love that tie, really wonderful. What I love about it (that doesn't appear in photos) is the shininess of the woven white dots. Rather than sitting there as flat white spots, they really pop because of the lustre of the white silk. I have it myself and I really regret not getting it in 6-fold.post #3443 of 682110/18/13 at 2:21amQuote:Originally Posted by The Silverfox
I love that tie, really wonderful. What I love about it (that doesn't appear in photos) is the shininess of the woven white dots. Rather than sitting there as flat white spots, they really pop because of the lustre of the white silk. I have it myself and I really regret not getting it in 6-fold.
Nice to hear your remarks. A lovely tie indeed. I have the burgundy version on the way.post #3444 of 682110/18/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Good choice, the burgundy is very beautiful as well. In fact the only reason I didn't go for it myself was that I was leaning towards getting a scarf made in the same fabric, then after I decided on something else for the scarf I sort of forgot about it, but it may warrant revisiting. I have a suspicion that the burgundy would look fantastic with a "wooly" type of navy suit, pink shirt and white square. Think the square and the white dots would each make the other pop.
Be sure to put up pics when it arrives.post #3445 of 682110/18/13 at 5:47ampost #3446 of 682110/18/13 at 6:19ampost #3447 of 682110/18/13 at 7:45amThread Starterpost #3448 of 682110/18/13 at 8:05ampost #3449 of 682110/20/13 at 8:49am
New Hober Macclesfield #176 and light yellow grenadine fina PS. Love this tie, I haven't done it justice with my mediocre knot but didn't have time to adjust it. First impressions on the grenadine PS are that it's quite rigid and more difficult to hold the desired shape than a standard silk. The bulkiness forces you to cut the size down which limits folding options. However, there is less sheen and more surface interest so it's a nice alternative.post #3450 of 682110/20/13 at 10:31am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 57 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...