Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on Today at 9:34 am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 230post #3437 of 656310/17/13 at 10:19amQuote:
You should be put on probation and required to wear the unofficial SF Hober club tie no less than once a week for the month of November and purchase four new Hobers by the end of the month. I believe that is a just sentence.post #3438 of 656310/17/13 at 10:31ampost #3439 of 656310/17/13 at 10:51am
New Hobers, in any amount, are never a penalty.
tdude - you are like a thread member emeritus so you should be safe for now (although in stitches as the thread starter really has the final call...). All that said, get back to wearing HOBERS!post #3440 of 656310/17/13 at 10:52ampost #3441 of 656310/18/13 at 1:58amQuote:
Misery loves company, don't you know?
If I'm going to be broke and destitute, I'm taking you guys with me!
On a somewhat related note, 3 new hobers ordered.
Edited by The Silverfox - 10/18/13 at 4:06ampost #3442 of 656310/18/13 at 2:18amQuote:
I love that tie, really wonderful. What I love about it (that doesn't appear in photos) is the shininess of the woven white dots. Rather than sitting there as flat white spots, they really pop because of the lustre of the white silk. I have it myself and I really regret not getting it in 6-fold.post #3443 of 656310/18/13 at 2:21amQuote:Originally Posted by The Silverfox
I love that tie, really wonderful. What I love about it (that doesn't appear in photos) is the shininess of the woven white dots. Rather than sitting there as flat white spots, they really pop because of the lustre of the white silk. I have it myself and I really regret not getting it in 6-fold.
Nice to hear your remarks. A lovely tie indeed. I have the burgundy version on the way.post #3444 of 656310/18/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Good choice, the burgundy is very beautiful as well. In fact the only reason I didn't go for it myself was that I was leaning towards getting a scarf made in the same fabric, then after I decided on something else for the scarf I sort of forgot about it, but it may warrant revisiting. I have a suspicion that the burgundy would look fantastic with a "wooly" type of navy suit, pink shirt and white square. Think the square and the white dots would each make the other pop.
Be sure to put up pics when it arrives.post #3445 of 656310/18/13 at 5:47ampost #3446 of 656310/18/13 at 6:19ampost #3447 of 656310/18/13 at 7:45amThread Starterpost #3448 of 656310/18/13 at 8:05ampost #3449 of 656310/20/13 at 8:49am
New Hober Macclesfield #176 and light yellow grenadine fina PS. Love this tie, I haven't done it justice with my mediocre knot but didn't have time to adjust it. First impressions on the grenadine PS are that it's quite rigid and more difficult to hold the desired shape than a standard silk. The bulkiness forces you to cut the size down which limits folding options. However, there is less sheen and more surface interest so it's a nice alternative.post #3450 of 656310/20/13 at 10:31am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 26 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 30 seconds ago
- › Belt or Side-Adjusters on Separate Trousers? 33 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 10 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...