Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 6/7/16 at 5:34pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/23/16 at 6:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 222post #3317 of 651010/7/13 at 7:52pmpost #3318 of 651010/7/13 at 7:53pmpost #3319 of 651010/7/13 at 7:59pmpost #3320 of 651010/7/13 at 8:03pmpost #3321 of 651010/7/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
There was some poster a while back that mentioned he had over 100 Hobers but I can't remember who. I would imagine there are some pretty large collections out there though. As is said often in this thread David makes a great product and it is easy to become addicted.
I think I would be a little depressing to own every tie because there would be no more to look forward but I am wiling to chance it.
Can I play?post #3322 of 651010/7/13 at 8:12pm
Re: tie rack. Well, you're going to need it.
The winner gets a 100-fold tie made of lace from Marie Antoinette's petticoat.
This requires Bingo cards with images of each tie.
The "FREE" space is the midnight blue fina grenadine.post #3323 of 651010/8/13 at 3:00ampost #3324 of 651010/8/13 at 4:42amGuys, if you remember the photo I posted, I just received a cream PS. This one http://www.samhober.com/thai-shot-silk-pocket-squares/light-cream-shot-thai-silk-pocket-square.html. I know I know . But I think he's right on its usefulness. This one has a slight sheen to it, but not overly so. Does anybody have this one http://www.samhober.com/satin-silk-pocket-squares/light-cream-satin-silk-pocket-square-1.html. I'm curious how different they are. The Thai shot one is very stiff. Holds a puff very well of course, almost foldable. But that very characteristic makes it appear less soft than what you might think of in a classic cream silk PS worn with a tux for example.post #3325 of 651010/8/13 at 6:11ampost #3326 of 651010/8/13 at 6:34amThread Starterpost #3327 of 651010/8/13 at 6:57ampost #3328 of 651010/8/13 at 7:07amPliny, thanks. That's what I suspected would be the case. I really like the stout character of the shot silk. It's carefree all day long, since it just stays put. Interesting to hear that it will soften some.
Stitches, exactly. That was the irony of the whole dialogue. We hober fans carry on so, and of course it's all a bit jocular, but those who worship great ties don't need a contest or a prize to covet more hobers.
Levi, lovely tie. Hope David can restock that silk.
Can't do it here, but I will post my new dark burnt orange oxford they tapatalk shortly. Colors are a bit off though. Full on sun, but it was the closest in color of all the selfies I could get. It's a delightfully thick silk and copperish like someone described up thread.post #3329 of 651010/8/13 at 7:07ampost #3330 of 651010/8/13 at 7:24amThread Starter
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1362 Active Users (227 Members and 1135 Guests)
- › The Newsroom (HBO) 45 seconds ago
- › Mezlan, Manganinni, TBNY 1 minute ago
- › Brexit 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › How would you like a girl to dress? 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Porn: Norvegese, Bentivegna, Goyser, BIG Stitch & BIG Welts ONLY! 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding