Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/20/17 at 2:22am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 222post #3317 of 675410/7/13 at 7:52pmpost #3318 of 675410/7/13 at 7:53pmpost #3319 of 675410/7/13 at 7:59pmpost #3320 of 675410/7/13 at 8:03pmpost #3321 of 675410/7/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
There was some poster a while back that mentioned he had over 100 Hobers but I can't remember who. I would imagine there are some pretty large collections out there though. As is said often in this thread David makes a great product and it is easy to become addicted.
I think I would be a little depressing to own every tie because there would be no more to look forward but I am wiling to chance it.
Can I play?post #3322 of 675410/7/13 at 8:12pm
Re: tie rack. Well, you're going to need it.
The winner gets a 100-fold tie made of lace from Marie Antoinette's petticoat.
This requires Bingo cards with images of each tie.
The "FREE" space is the midnight blue fina grenadine.post #3323 of 675410/8/13 at 3:00ampost #3324 of 675410/8/13 at 4:42amGuys, if you remember the photo I posted, I just received a cream PS. This one http://www.samhober.com/thai-shot-silk-pocket-squares/light-cream-shot-thai-silk-pocket-square.html. I know I know . But I think he's right on its usefulness. This one has a slight sheen to it, but not overly so. Does anybody have this one http://www.samhober.com/satin-silk-pocket-squares/light-cream-satin-silk-pocket-square-1.html. I'm curious how different they are. The Thai shot one is very stiff. Holds a puff very well of course, almost foldable. But that very characteristic makes it appear less soft than what you might think of in a classic cream silk PS worn with a tux for example.post #3325 of 675410/8/13 at 6:11ampost #3326 of 675410/8/13 at 6:34amThread Starterpost #3327 of 675410/8/13 at 6:57ampost #3328 of 675410/8/13 at 7:07amPliny, thanks. That's what I suspected would be the case. I really like the stout character of the shot silk. It's carefree all day long, since it just stays put. Interesting to hear that it will soften some.
Stitches, exactly. That was the irony of the whole dialogue. We hober fans carry on so, and of course it's all a bit jocular, but those who worship great ties don't need a contest or a prize to covet more hobers.
Levi, lovely tie. Hope David can restock that silk.
Can't do it here, but I will post my new dark burnt orange oxford they tapatalk shortly. Colors are a bit off though. Full on sun, but it was the closest in color of all the selfies I could get. It's a delightfully thick silk and copperish like someone described up thread.post #3329 of 675410/8/13 at 7:07ampost #3330 of 675410/8/13 at 7:24amThread Starter
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1171 Active Users (90 Members and 1081 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 17 minutes ago
- › All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users 29 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 34 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 38 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 42 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...