Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 8/10/16 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 186post #2776 of 65638/1/13 at 10:33ampost #2777 of 65638/1/13 at 11:17ampost #2778 of 65638/1/13 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by tdude
Fly, the fourth one from the left is https://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-77.html. Dear lord the navy is rich.
Really? It looks significantly different in your pic than on the website. In your pic, the dots look like dashes and the color looks way lighter than midnight blue. Either way, great tie.post #2779 of 65638/1/13 at 11:24amQuote:
I actually don't have any pics of the oxford weave. I will fix that next week though.Quote:Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)
hi gents can we take short break from Grenadine/Macclesfield porn? Anyone ordered any of the Oxford weave offerings (Navy, Blue, Powder) as they look very interesting, texture and color wise. I remember a while back Clag had one but I didn't see any pictures posted so far. Thanks...
Now back to your local Grenadine/Macclesfield programmingQuote:
I have one oxford weave. Received from David a few weeks back but haven't been able to wrap it around my neck yet. I got the yellow gold and it looks and feels tremendous. Pic will be posted next week.post #2780 of 65638/1/13 at 11:36ampost #2781 of 65638/1/13 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by BanzaiDanielsan
Recv'd my first Hobers yesterday! Brown promonteo and red fina gernadines. Like everyone else here, I'm quite impressed by the construction, finishing and general hand. One question though--is it normal for these to be so flat and have such little loft? Maybe it's the shipping and it'll fluff over time, but Charvet & Drake's etc seem to have a lot more fatness & loft.
What do you mean by loft? I can't compare as Hober is the only tie I have purchased via mail.post #2782 of 65638/1/13 at 1:33pm
@David: Could you tell me if the base colour of MCT 181 was brown or dark burgundy?
I am looking for a macclesfield floral neat print tie with the base colour brown. One of my swatches MCT 181 would make a perfect match, however it is out of stock from what I can see.
Most brownish macclesfield ties are labeled as dark burgundy but look brown enough on my monitor. I don't think I have a dark burgundy swatch at home so if anybody has had a tie made like this I'd very much appreciate a picture.
Edited by clapeyron - 8/1/13 at 1:44pmpost #2783 of 65638/2/13 at 1:53ampost #2784 of 65638/3/13 at 8:52ampost #2785 of 65638/3/13 at 11:36amQuote:
Thanks, and yep, that was some kinda lousy picture taking. I'll be back in the office and start taking pics of them in action--better pics I promise.post #2786 of 65638/3/13 at 11:39amQuote:Originally Posted by pinkpanther
I actually don't have any pics of the oxford weave. I will fix that next week though.
I have one oxford weave. Received from David a few weeks back but haven't been able to wrap it around my neck yet. I got the yellow gold and it looks and feels tremendous. Pic will be posted next week.
Whoa!!! I thought, nay assumed, you had pics of every kind of tie. Your obligation to the forum lies before you!post #2787 of 65638/3/13 at 12:55pm
I just received my first two Hober grenadines, a navy fina and a burgundy grossa. They are each perfect. As many have stated previously, David is a true gentleman. He was very patient as I perseverated over the correct size, best color and weave. I received an email on the day that they were shipped and I was told that the package would take 3 weeks to arrive. Three weeks to the day, the package was at my door, neatly wrapped with a personal handwritten thank you note. It is an absolute pleasure (and a surprise) to do business this way. I expect that there will be many more Hobers in my future. The colors are rich and the quality of the weave is amazing. They feel better than many of the most expensive silks in my collection. I think that chocolate and black are next on my wish list, though the new patterns are great too!post #2788 of 65638/3/13 at 1:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Woostah
I just received my first two Hober grenadines, a navy fina and a burgundy grossa. They are each perfect. As many have stated previously, David is a true gentleman. He was very patient as I perseverated over the correct size, best color and weave. I received an email on the day that they were shipped and I was told that the package would take 3 weeks to arrive. Three weeks to the day, the package was at my door, neatly wrapped with a personal handwritten thank you note. It is an absolute pleasure (and a surprise) to do business this way. I expect that there will be many more Hobers in my future. The colors are rich and the quality of the weave is amazing. They feel better than many of the most expensive silks in my collection. I think that chocolate and black are next on my wish list, though the new patterns are great too!
Congrats on the purchases. Both are exceptionally versatile ties and should serve you well.post #2789 of 65638/3/13 at 1:59pmpost #2790 of 65638/3/13 at 2:02pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 36 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 36 seconds ago
- › Maurice Lacroix 69743 Luxury Watch Gift 1 minute ago
- › Christian Dior 18K Gold Plated Vintage Pen / Yves Saint Laurent... 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...