I also like the new white on midnight blue pindot fina. I was going to get the grossa of the same design, now I can't decide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Tom Ford Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 11/19/14 at 11:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 178
Styleforum Top Picks
post #2657 of 5628
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2658 of 5628
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2659 of 5628
7/19/13 at 9:50am
Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the color combinations and designs of the new grenadine stripes? There is so much room for simple classic color combinations, which is what I was expecting. David, I love your ties, but this bunch is not doing it for me, will you consider any recommendations for changes to your striped grenadine collection?
post #2660 of 5628
7/19/13 at 9:56am
That one is great and will be in my next order once the July NPC ends. With respect to the white pindot ties, if it helps, I already have the grossa and am planning to purchase the fina as well.
post #2661 of 5628
7/19/13 at 9:57am
post #2662 of 5628
7/19/13 at 9:58am
I read this as," I'm not going to pick up any of the new stupid grenadines"
I was battle-ready.
post #2663 of 5628
7/19/13 at 10:07am
post #2664 of 5628
7/19/13 at 10:20am
post #2665 of 5628
7/19/13 at 12:15pm
Actually, I'm not sure that helps, lol. Your statement can be taken two ways:
1. You like your grossa pindot so much that you're going to order the fina version.
2. You're not really crazy about the grossa, so will try the fina instead.
post #2666 of 5628
7/19/13 at 12:20pm
Version 1 was the intent. I also believe they are different enough that I can justify it to myself as purchasing two different designs. It's quite rare that option 2 would apply to a Hober.
post #2667 of 5628
7/19/13 at 12:26pm
That's what I figured. I'm still undecided, though. Leaning toward the grossa just for variety's sake since all of my grenadines right now are fina. I'm sure I'd be happy with either.
post #2668 of 5628
7/19/13 at 12:39pm
Agree and in!
I really like that stripe as well, and that pin dot, and...
Stripes aren't my go to pattern either but I really, really like a number of these and will be picking up more than one.
I think David's original stripes are simple and classic and as mrjester points out above at least a couple of the new ones are as well. In the meantime, he sprinkled in some colors I love (purple and red) and threw in some fina stripes as well.
For me, I actually like the new offerings more than I thought I would.
post #2669 of 5628
7/19/13 at 12:43pm
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
Currently, there are 1642 Active Users (387 Members and 1255 Guests)
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Heschung Boots- Sizing question 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Opening Ceremony M2 Classic Oxfords Dress Shoe Black/brown Size EK 43 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 10 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)