I also like the new white on midnight blue pindot fina. I was going to get the grossa of the same design, now I can't decide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 11/24/15 at 1:35pm in Classic Menswear
- CONSOLIDATED! marblehouse Final Clearance Thread - Pocket Squares, Ties, Shirts, Pants, Jackets... Last post on 11/17/15 at 5:09pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:39pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on 11/24/15 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 178
Styleforum Top Picks
post #2657 of 6423
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2658 of 6423
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2659 of 6423
7/19/13 at 9:50am
Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the color combinations and designs of the new grenadine stripes? There is so much room for simple classic color combinations, which is what I was expecting. David, I love your ties, but this bunch is not doing it for me, will you consider any recommendations for changes to your striped grenadine collection?
post #2660 of 6423
7/19/13 at 9:56am
That one is great and will be in my next order once the July NPC ends. With respect to the white pindot ties, if it helps, I already have the grossa and am planning to purchase the fina as well.
post #2661 of 6423
7/19/13 at 9:57am
post #2662 of 6423
7/19/13 at 9:58am
I read this as," I'm not going to pick up any of the new stupid grenadines"
I was battle-ready.
post #2663 of 6423
7/19/13 at 10:07am
post #2664 of 6423
7/19/13 at 10:20am
post #2665 of 6423
7/19/13 at 12:15pm
Actually, I'm not sure that helps, lol. Your statement can be taken two ways:
1. You like your grossa pindot so much that you're going to order the fina version.
2. You're not really crazy about the grossa, so will try the fina instead.
post #2666 of 6423
7/19/13 at 12:20pm
Version 1 was the intent. I also believe they are different enough that I can justify it to myself as purchasing two different designs. It's quite rare that option 2 would apply to a Hober.
post #2667 of 6423
7/19/13 at 12:26pm
That's what I figured. I'm still undecided, though. Leaning toward the grossa just for variety's sake since all of my grenadines right now are fina. I'm sure I'd be happy with either.
post #2668 of 6423
7/19/13 at 12:39pm
Agree and in!
I really like that stripe as well, and that pin dot, and...
Stripes aren't my go to pattern either but I really, really like a number of these and will be picking up more than one.
I think David's original stripes are simple and classic and as mrjester points out above at least a couple of the new ones are as well. In the meantime, he sprinkled in some colors I love (purple and red) and threw in some fina stripes as well.
For me, I actually like the new offerings more than I thought I would.
post #2669 of 6423
7/19/13 at 12:43pm
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
Currently, there are 1575 Active Users (326 Members and 1249 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread (Pictures, reviews,... 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 10 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories