I also like the new white on midnight blue pindot fina. I was going to get the grossa of the same design, now I can't decide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Tom Ford Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 11/19/14 at 11:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 178
Styleforum Top Picks
post #2657 of 5694
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2658 of 5694
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2659 of 5694
7/19/13 at 9:50am
Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the color combinations and designs of the new grenadine stripes? There is so much room for simple classic color combinations, which is what I was expecting. David, I love your ties, but this bunch is not doing it for me, will you consider any recommendations for changes to your striped grenadine collection?
post #2660 of 5694
7/19/13 at 9:56am
That one is great and will be in my next order once the July NPC ends. With respect to the white pindot ties, if it helps, I already have the grossa and am planning to purchase the fina as well.
post #2661 of 5694
7/19/13 at 9:57am
post #2662 of 5694
7/19/13 at 9:58am
I read this as," I'm not going to pick up any of the new stupid grenadines"
I was battle-ready.
post #2663 of 5694
7/19/13 at 10:07am
post #2664 of 5694
7/19/13 at 10:20am
post #2665 of 5694
7/19/13 at 12:15pm
Actually, I'm not sure that helps, lol. Your statement can be taken two ways:
1. You like your grossa pindot so much that you're going to order the fina version.
2. You're not really crazy about the grossa, so will try the fina instead.
post #2666 of 5694
7/19/13 at 12:20pm
Version 1 was the intent. I also believe they are different enough that I can justify it to myself as purchasing two different designs. It's quite rare that option 2 would apply to a Hober.
post #2667 of 5694
7/19/13 at 12:26pm
That's what I figured. I'm still undecided, though. Leaning toward the grossa just for variety's sake since all of my grenadines right now are fina. I'm sure I'd be happy with either.
post #2668 of 5694
7/19/13 at 12:39pm
Agree and in!
I really like that stripe as well, and that pin dot, and...
Stripes aren't my go to pattern either but I really, really like a number of these and will be picking up more than one.
I think David's original stripes are simple and classic and as mrjester points out above at least a couple of the new ones are as well. In the meantime, he sprinkled in some colors I love (purple and red) and threw in some fina stripes as well.
For me, I actually like the new offerings more than I thought I would.
post #2669 of 5694
7/19/13 at 12:43pm
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
Currently, there are 1776 Active Users (438 Members and 1338 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***Cigars and Shoes*** 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › BNWT Gareth Pugh Black Waxed Jeans (Sz 48) 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...