I also like the new white on midnight blue pindot fina. I was going to get the grossa of the same design, now I can't decide.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on Today at 5:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 4/29/15 at 8:40pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 4/23/15 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 178
Styleforum Top Picks
post #2657 of 6050
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2658 of 6050
7/19/13 at 9:49am
post #2659 of 6050
7/19/13 at 9:50am
Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the color combinations and designs of the new grenadine stripes? There is so much room for simple classic color combinations, which is what I was expecting. David, I love your ties, but this bunch is not doing it for me, will you consider any recommendations for changes to your striped grenadine collection?
post #2660 of 6050
7/19/13 at 9:56am
That one is great and will be in my next order once the July NPC ends. With respect to the white pindot ties, if it helps, I already have the grossa and am planning to purchase the fina as well.
post #2661 of 6050
7/19/13 at 9:57am
post #2662 of 6050
7/19/13 at 9:58am
I read this as," I'm not going to pick up any of the new stupid grenadines"
I was battle-ready.
post #2663 of 6050
7/19/13 at 10:07am
post #2664 of 6050
7/19/13 at 10:20am
post #2665 of 6050
7/19/13 at 12:15pm
Actually, I'm not sure that helps, lol. Your statement can be taken two ways:
1. You like your grossa pindot so much that you're going to order the fina version.
2. You're not really crazy about the grossa, so will try the fina instead.
post #2666 of 6050
7/19/13 at 12:20pm
Version 1 was the intent. I also believe they are different enough that I can justify it to myself as purchasing two different designs. It's quite rare that option 2 would apply to a Hober.
post #2667 of 6050
7/19/13 at 12:26pm
That's what I figured. I'm still undecided, though. Leaning toward the grossa just for variety's sake since all of my grenadines right now are fina. I'm sure I'd be happy with either.
post #2668 of 6050
7/19/13 at 12:39pm
Agree and in!
I really like that stripe as well, and that pin dot, and...
Stripes aren't my go to pattern either but I really, really like a number of these and will be picking up more than one.
I think David's original stripes are simple and classic and as mrjester points out above at least a couple of the new ones are as well. In the meantime, he sprinkled in some colors I love (purple and red) and threw in some fina stripes as well.
For me, I actually like the new offerings more than I thought I would.
post #2669 of 6050
7/19/13 at 12:43pm
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Currently, there are 1406 Active Users (332 Members and 1074 Guests)
- › Strand Hatters Sydney - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...