or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 170

post #2536 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspasp View Post

 

Do you guys think it would work with a navy suit?

 

Absofruitly.

post #2537 of 4904
Hey guys,

I've read most all of this thread and love it. It's convinced me to get a hober grenadine or two, and perhaps a silk of some sort.
I'm looking at the Grossa's and I'm wondering how many colors does the swatch set come with? I see that it's $10, but it doesn't say which, or how many samples it includes in the details. (Currently most interested in navy, burgundy and bitter chocolate the most).

Thanks Guys
post #2538 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post

Hey guys,

I've read most all of this thread and love it. It's convinced me to get a hober grenadine or two, and perhaps a silk of some sort.
I'm looking at the Grossa's and I'm wondering how many colors does the swatch set come with? I see that it's $10, but it doesn't say which, or how many samples it includes in the details. (Currently most interested in navy, burgundy and bitter chocolate the most).

Thanks Guys

The grossa swatch set will have all the colors that David offers in that weave (about 35 or so). The fina, piccola and prometeo swatch sets include all the colors in their respective weaves as well.

You can't go wrong with David's ties. Happy shopping!
post #2539 of 4904

Great. Thanks for answering my question.

 

One more question I have, what is/are the difference(s) between fina and pioccola, and the grossa and prometeo? They seem very similar. I can tell the difference between the fina and grossa, seems like just weave density.

post #2540 of 4904
Prometeo is looser woven than grossa, which is looser woven than piccola, which is looser than fina. There may be some minor color variations as well but nothing consistent with respect to color.
post #2541 of 4904

Nice line of ties.  When I am in my local full-service menswear store, I see thousands of ties all $150++.  I cannot get a burgundy or brown grenadine.  Half are too skinny and thin (Boss, Armani), the rest too thick (Canali) or hit-n-miss (Zegna).  Talbot makes good ties, but the buyer for this chain is just so whacked that I cannot get a solid grail tie like those I see here.

 

Order coming in a few weeks :)

post #2542 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDeKelver View Post

Nice line of ties.  When I am in my local full-service menswear store, I see thousands of ties all $150++.  I cannot get a burgundy or brown grenadine.  Half are too skinny and thin (Boss, Armani), the rest too thick (Canali) or hit-n-miss (Zegna).  Talbot makes good ties, but the buyer for this chain is just so whacked that I cannot get a solid grail tie like those I see here.

Order coming in a few weeks smile.gif

You have found your haven. I share your sentiment with the fashion house labels. Not good. Hobers are a breed apart. A basic-construction Macclesfield is cheaper than a zegna new tie, and infinitely better--actually better than any other tie I own.
post #2543 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

You have found your haven. I share your sentiment with the fashion house labels. Not good. Hobers are a breed apart. A basic-construction Macclesfield is cheaper than a zegna new tie, and infinitely better--actually better than any other tie I own.

+ a lot! nod[1].gif
post #2544 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDeKelver View Post

Nice line of ties.  When I am in my local full-service menswear store, I see thousands of ties all $150++.  I cannot get a burgundy or brown grenadine.  Half are too skinny and thin (Boss, Armani), the rest too thick (Canali) or hit-n-miss (Zegna).  Talbot makes good ties, but the buyer for this chain is just so whacked that I cannot get a solid grail tie like those I see here.

Order coming in a few weeks smile.gif

You are in for a treat with David's ties. I see no sense in waiting a few weeks...smile.gif
post #2545 of 4904
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

You are in for a treat with David's ties. I see no sense in waiting a few weeks...smile.gif

this. ORDER NAOW!!! biggrin.gif
post #2546 of 4904

Just ordered the Burgundy Pindot and the Forest Grenadine Grossa.

 

Very excited.

post #2547 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagon View Post

Just ordered the Burgundy Pindot and the Forest Grenadine Grossa.

Very excited.

Remember to post pics! biggrin.gif
post #2548 of 4904

Today's Hober is the Macclesfield #124 (6-fold construction).  Happy Monday everyone!

 

post #2549 of 4904
Thread Starter 
^^ great tie, and that is an excellent combo. ^^
post #2550 of 4904

That one is a beaut, p'panther

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread