or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 161

post #2401 of 5458
Just got "the email". Just one tie in this order, but it's a doozy: unlined, untipped 7-fold with hand-rolled edges, my first. Navy fina. Definitely my most expensive tie, and I have a feeling it will be my favorite. I'll post a pic when it arrives. smile.gif

Hope everyone had a nice Fourth!
post #2402 of 5458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

Is that the wedding/formal tie? I'm looking into getting it, how do you like it?

post #2403 of 5458

It's not a wedding/formal tie - it's the Black & White Pattern Silk Tie #19. I'm wearing it right now and love it! The weave is nice and thick, the knot and dimple it makes are gorgeous and the fabric is shiny without being tacky. Ideal for business or for evenings.

post #2404 of 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

It's not a wedding/formal tie - it's the Black & White Pattern Silk Tie #19. I'm wearing it right now and love it! The weave is nice and thick, the knot and dimple it makes are gorgeous and the fabric is shiny without being tacky. Ideal for business or for evenings.

But It'd be absolutely fine for weddings too. smile.gif
post #2405 of 5458
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Just got "the email". Just one tie in this order, but it's a doozy: unlined, untipped 7-fold with hand-rolled edges, my first. Navy fina. Definitely my most expensive tie, and I have a feeling it will be my favorite. I'll post a pic when it arrives. smile.gif
Hope everyone had a nice Fourth!

very happy for ya, cant wait to see it.
post #2406 of 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

It's not a wedding/formal tie - it's the Black & White Pattern Silk Tie #19. I'm wearing it right now and love it! The weave is nice and thick, the knot and dimple it makes are gorgeous and the fabric is shiny without being tacky. Ideal for business or for evenings.

 

+1 - I have it and love it.

post #2407 of 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

 

+1 - I have it and love it.

 

Do you guys think it would work with a navy suit?

post #2408 of 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspasp View Post

 

Do you guys think it would work with a navy suit?

 

Yes, yes I do...

 

post #2409 of 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

very happy for ya, cant wait to see it.

cheers.gif
post #2410 of 5458

See how beautiful that dimple is! Such a nice tie.

post #2411 of 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspasp View Post

 

Do you guys think it would work with a navy suit?

 

Absofruitly.

post #2412 of 5458
Hey guys,

I've read most all of this thread and love it. It's convinced me to get a hober grenadine or two, and perhaps a silk of some sort.
I'm looking at the Grossa's and I'm wondering how many colors does the swatch set come with? I see that it's $10, but it doesn't say which, or how many samples it includes in the details. (Currently most interested in navy, burgundy and bitter chocolate the most).

Thanks Guys
post #2413 of 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post

Hey guys,

I've read most all of this thread and love it. It's convinced me to get a hober grenadine or two, and perhaps a silk of some sort.
I'm looking at the Grossa's and I'm wondering how many colors does the swatch set come with? I see that it's $10, but it doesn't say which, or how many samples it includes in the details. (Currently most interested in navy, burgundy and bitter chocolate the most).

Thanks Guys

The grossa swatch set will have all the colors that David offers in that weave (about 35 or so). The fina, piccola and prometeo swatch sets include all the colors in their respective weaves as well.

You can't go wrong with David's ties. Happy shopping!
post #2414 of 5458

Great. Thanks for answering my question.

 

One more question I have, what is/are the difference(s) between fina and pioccola, and the grossa and prometeo? They seem very similar. I can tell the difference between the fina and grossa, seems like just weave density.

post #2415 of 5458
Prometeo is looser woven than grossa, which is looser woven than piccola, which is looser than fina. There may be some minor color variations as well but nothing consistent with respect to color.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread