Stunning colours, pazzion and mikej77
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 10:38 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Today at 2:09 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 155post #2311 of 64416/27/13 at 2:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2312 of 64416/27/13 at 5:40pmpost #2313 of 64416/27/13 at 7:33pmpost #2314 of 64416/27/13 at 8:32pmpost #2315 of 64416/27/13 at 8:33pmpost #2316 of 64416/27/13 at 8:44pmQuote:
I feel this look is quite under appreciated. It's more difficult to accomplish than some might imagine. You've pulled it off by using a non-white shirt and enough contrast between the dark charcoal suit and the tie. It's very well done and a wonderful tie for the look. Thanks for sharing.post #2317 of 64416/27/13 at 8:48pmQuote:
If it's useful, I wear a 36R jacket (5"10', 135 pounds) but get my ties in 3.5" width. I am in my late thirties and used to feel that wider ties meant "old fogie" but I've long since changed my tune. I rock my ties wide and my confidence level makes a difference. Being confident in who you are is more important that any particular dimension of your clothing. If you like them narrower then go for it! Whatever makes you feel sexy.post #2318 of 64416/27/13 at 10:25pm
Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by atoms
I feel this look is quite under appreciated. It's more difficult to accomplish than some might imagine. You've pulled it off by using a non-white shirt and enough contrast between the dark charcoal suit and the tie. It's very well done and a wonderful tie for the look. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks atoms! I hope it doesn't ruin your impression, but when I tried on the tie I was wearing a dark navy suit. Though I have thought about pairing the tie with a charcoal suit as well.
Regarding tie width so do I order all my ties 3,5" wide. This time I specified that I wanted the tie to be a bit wider around the knot area for a fuller FIH, and I'm really happy about the result.post #2319 of 64416/28/13 at 3:19ampost #2320 of 64416/28/13 at 5:15ampost #2321 of 64416/28/13 at 5:17ampost #2322 of 64416/28/13 at 5:48ampost #2323 of 64416/28/13 at 5:51am
Almost all of my Hober grenadines are lined 6-fold. As you can see from the pics that I have posted, the knot is what I would consider medium-sized. Whether this happens naturally or whether David makes it happen magically (I tell him in my order that I want a medium sized knot with all my ties) I'm not sure, but it happens.post #2324 of 64416/28/13 at 5:53am
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Corthay 10 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 20 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?