Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- drops 6/26- 31 NWT Ties- Bergdorf Goodman, Breuer, Charvet, Drakes, Gitman Bros, Kiton, PRL, and... Last post on 6/10/13 at 3:09pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 152
Styleforum Top Picks
Customs is an interesting subject with many variables. (This is for all neckties not just ours) Please note - do not rely on my observations.
For example there is a customs duty within the USA on neckties but it is small as someone mentioned basically the same as sales tax.
My goal is to get our DHL shipping rate lower and lower so that even if there is duty and tax collected it still works out to be best to go with DHL.
David, thanks! This is good information.
Must be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.
And for those who were curious about English Plaid #9 (it's not shiny):
Mr. Six, great ties! And I agree that the english plaid #9 is not shiny (I posted a pic of it in action a few days ago, post #2220).
@PP: your pic is so much lighter than David's website, almost orange. Where does the color actually fall IRL?
tdude: IRL the color is much closer to David's website, it is a nice burgundy shade. My pic is washed out (for reference the suit is navy). Alas, the variablility in the iPhone photo quality is frustrating and extremely dependent on the light coming in the windows of my office, but it is what it is..
Thanks! I saw your photo, it looked great. I just figured that as long as I was taking photos I'd add one more for the curious.
Your photo of #121 helped me decide to pull the trigger. Thanks for posting it! "Carbon Black" is how it's described on David's site. So far, it just looks like a clean black to me, but I'll take a look in some different light. It's pretty matte, which might be part of the source of the "carbon" description.
So that's where the last regimental #3 went eh? Had to change my order, but I actually found another that I'm hoping I will like just as much, if not more. The #3 looks good....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks! And sorry (but only sort of ). No doubt the alternative will also be nice.
Got the email early this morning. DHL shipping.
On another note, I'm getting excited for the new striped grenadines and restocks!
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › Random fashion thoughts 37 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Conrad Wu - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woolrich Woolen Mills field jacket, black, medium 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Picking my first Sperrys 4 minutes ago
- › Made my own trousers, pictures inside 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 4 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw