or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 151

post #2251 of 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax812 View Post

Just placed my first order, can't wait until they arrive. Just went four fold on the grenadine, but my next one I will try 6 lined.

THT-44 Blueish Gold Shot Thai Silk Tie #44
GFT-3 Burgundy Grenadine Fina Silk Tie #3
DT-19 Burnt Orange Diamond Weave Silk Tie #19
THT-37 Dark Chocolate Shot Thai Silk Tie #37
EGT-12 English Geomet Tie #12

Nice! You are going to love the burnt orange diamond weave, it is one of my favorites. Remember to post pics! smile.gif
post #2252 of 5628

 

Here's my first Hober. I'm posting the box because I thought it was the coolest box that I've gotten anything in ever. Including any iProducts. I'm getting one for a friend in his wedding and the box couldn't be more cool to have.

 

http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-challis-patterned-wool-ties/challis-macclesfield-green-pattern-wool-tie-6.html

 

Tie is better than expected. Duh. Pictures of knot when I get a more respectable collar to use (Wednesday, 5x shirts). 

 

Thinking of picking up this one now, too.. I like the Grenadines and have a few but don't see the need to hop on the Hober Grenadine bandwagon yet. Maybe one on the next order :-)

 

Bad Camera (Click to show)

post #2253 of 5628
post #2254 of 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post




Here's my first Hober. I'm posting the box because I thought it was the coolest box that I've gotten anything in ever. Including any iProducts. I'm getting one for a friend in his wedding and the box couldn't be more cool to have.

http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-challis-patterned-wool-ties/challis-macclesfield-green-pattern-wool-tie-6.html

Tie is better than expected. Duh. Pictures of knot when I get a more respectable collar to use (Wednesday, 5x shirts). 

Thinking of picking up this one now, too.. I like the Grenadines and have a few but don't see the need to hop on the Hober Grenadine bandwagon yet. Maybe one on the next order :-)
Bad Camera (Click to show)


Awesome tie!! But you need to have your sight checked, there is always a universal need to hop on the Hober grenadine bandwagon.
post #2255 of 5628

i'm a college student looking to get a couple hober ties. Anything you guys recommend for a starting tie collection, probably need them for interviews and work. i'm looking at the navy tie with white pin dots (for interviews) and for something else, maybe more casual but business appropriate. 

post #2256 of 5628
post #2257 of 5628
^^ clag has some great recommendations. For interviews, I recommend a small dot or, more preferable, a conservative neat. Oddly enough, dots can come off a little more forward than a discreet neat.
post #2258 of 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post




Here's my first Hober. I'm posting the box because I thought it was the coolest box that I've gotten anything in ever. Including any iProducts. I'm getting one for a friend in his wedding and the box couldn't be more cool to have.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Tie is better than expected. Duh. Pictures of knot when I get a more respectable collar to use (Wednesday, 5x shirts). 

Thinking of picking up this one now, too.. I like the Grenadines and have a few but don't see the need to hop on the Hober Grenadine bandwagon yet. Maybe one on the next order :-)
Bad Camera (Click to show)


Picking up a grenadine tie might be the Hober-thing to do, but I like that challis tie!
post #2259 of 5628
post #2260 of 5628
^ Depends on the nature of your work, but even in a conservative legal industry, I don't think most people will bat an eyelid. Since you say events/work, I'm guessing you're probably in a less conservative industry, and so, you can probably wear grenadine ties (in that shade) without having to worry too much.
post #2261 of 5628
eemg.jpg

I picked this one up quite a while ago, but I dropped into this thread again during the weekend and got so caught up that I had to order three more ties and a cream silk ps. Will post pics when they come!
post #2262 of 5628
I like that knot. Mine was built for a double FIH too.
post #2263 of 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I like that knot. Mine was built for a double FIH too.

Thanks! I think that the a tight double FIH produces the best arch from the shirt collar. smile.gif
post #2264 of 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzion View Post

eemg.jpg

I picked this one up quite a while ago, but I dropped into this thread again during the weekend and got so caught up that I had to order three more ties and a cream silk ps. Will post pics when they come!

 

Navy fina, right?  Just want to make sure.  Been eyeing it up for a while; glad to see it will be back in stock soon.  

post #2265 of 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post

Navy fina, right?  Just want to make sure.  Been eyeing it up for a while; glad to see it will be back in stock soon.  

Correct! It's an awesome tie. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread