or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 147

post #2191 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post

I would love a Hober tie and wanted to get one for a convention in two weeks but it would never get to me in time.

Too late for the convention...yes. Too late to get a Hober...never! smile.gif
post #2192 of 5695
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Stitch and NOBD, that is honestly one of the hawtest ties I have ever seen. Just a perfect shade of brown. Almost coppery in sunlight.
I am going to have to copy.

Dood. Please copy. This tie is amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Also stitch, what were your specifications for that tie?

Standard length, 3.5 inches wide, 6 fold, lined, with hand rolled unlined tip.

Xtra - brown shoes is A-ok with suits. Trust.
post #2193 of 5695
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Do you, or does anyone else, have pics of the navy fina?

99% sure this is fina.

uhyra2u6.jpg
post #2194 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Do you, or does anyone else, have pics of the navy fina?

Sorry the lighting isn't better. The actual color is probably in between these two. The tie is four-fold, self-tipped, 9 cm wide.

Edit: Stiches's photo's color is accurate.




Edited by Mr. Six - 6/16/13 at 6:22pm
post #2195 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post

I would love a Hober tie and wanted to get one for a convention in two weeks but it would never get to me in time.
go for it. pay for express shipping
post #2196 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Dood. Please copy. This tie is amazing.
Standard length, 3.5 inches wide, 6 fold, lined, with hand rolled unlined tip.

Xtra - brown shoes is A-ok with suits. Trust.

I think I am going to copy those exactly specifications. I may cheap out and not go for the six fold though, because mine may be a bit narrower. That is super, super sexy.

I love the coppery tone.

And brown shoes with suits? Who'd a thunk it icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2197 of 5695
Mine's a 4-fold.
post #2198 of 5695

Today's Hober is the midnight blue diamond weave (3-fold construction).  Happy Monday to all!

 

post #2199 of 5695
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I think I am going to copy those exactly specifications. I may cheap out and not go for the six fold though, because mine may be a bit narrower. That is super, super sexy.

I love the coppery tone.

And brown shoes with suits? Who'd a thunk it icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

GO FOR IT!!!

tie will look just as good in 3 or 4 fold. maybe a slightly different drape or dimple, but maybe not at all. ROCK ON!!!




did you kop yet?
post #2200 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

GO FOR IT!!!

tie will look just as good in 3 or 4 fold. maybe a slightly different drape or dimple, but maybe not at all. ROCK ON!!!

did you kop yet?

Not yet smile.gif. Maybe next pay check. This would be my first hober grenadine as well. Brown ties are the shit.
post #2201 of 5695
Thread Starter 
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2202 of 5695
My brown Hober grenadine is probably my favorite tie ever.

post #2203 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

My brown Hober grenadine is probably my favorite tie ever.


Who made that shirt?
post #2204 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

My brown Hober grenadine is probably my favorite tie ever.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Nice shirt and nice tie but it looks like that collar is about to fly away! eek.gif
post #2205 of 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Nice shirt and nice tie but it looks like that collar is about to fly away! eek.gif
+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread