Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 7/17/16 at 4:31pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 143post #2131 of 65376/11/13 at 1:44pmThread Starterpost #2132 of 65376/11/13 at 1:55pmpost #2133 of 65376/11/13 at 3:29pmThread Starterpost #2134 of 65376/11/13 at 5:22pmpost #2135 of 65376/11/13 at 6:28pmpost #2136 of 65376/11/13 at 6:51pm
a) Keep in mind that I live in Korea. The only things I've consistently gotten pinged on are packages sent through DHL. Probably different for each country (and indeed, ymmv)
b) You own 50+ Hobers?!? Holy shit, man.
I also live much closer to Thailand, so I've not noticed much difference between standard shipping and DHL as far as delivery time. Normally I just get two Hobers at a time, but as I was getting 3 the shipping costs were about the same so I figured I'd try it.post #2137 of 65376/11/13 at 7:03pmpost #2138 of 65376/11/13 at 7:08pmpost #2139 of 65376/11/13 at 7:20pmpost #2140 of 65376/11/13 at 10:53pmMust be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.
And for those who were curious about English Plaid #9 (it's not shiny):post #2141 of 65376/12/13 at 6:25ampost #2142 of 65376/12/13 at 6:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Sam Hober
Customs is an interesting subject with many variables. (This is for all neckties not just ours) Please note - do not rely on my observations.
For example there is a customs duty within the USA on neckties but it is small as someone mentioned basically the same as sales tax.
My goal is to get our DHL shipping rate lower and lower so that even if there is duty and tax collected it still works out to be best to go with DHL.
David, thanks! This is good information.Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
Must be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.
And for those who were curious about English Plaid #9 (it's not shiny):
Mr. Six, great ties! And I agree that the english plaid #9 is not shiny (I posted a pic of it in action a few days ago, post #2220).post #2143 of 65376/12/13 at 6:50am@ Mr. Six: lovely ties. I have 121 as well. My favorite burgundy tie. As for the carbon black, what does that description mean? Is it a duller black just south of charcoal maybe? Or the opposite; super clean black?
@PP: your pic is so much lighter than David's website, almost orange. Where does the color actually fall IRL?post #2144 of 65376/12/13 at 7:25amQuote:
tdude: IRL the color is much closer to David's website, it is a nice burgundy shade. My pic is washed out (for reference the suit is navy). Alas, the variablility in the iPhone photo quality is frustrating and extremely dependent on the light coming in the windows of my office, but it is what it is..post #2145 of 65376/12/13 at 7:30amThread Starter
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Lining Material - Lauren Ralph Lauren Linen Sport Coat? 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 15 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 25 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding