or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 143

post #2131 of 4904

Just ordered two more.  The collection continues to grow.

post #2132 of 4904

made my first order the other day.  Bitter Chocolate and Dark Red Grossa...

post #2133 of 4904

Here is the dark chocolate grenadine grossa (6-fold construction) in action.

 

post #2134 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

made my first order the other day.  Bitter Chocolate and Dark Red Grossa...

Very nice start. nod[1].gif
post #2135 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

Here is the dark chocolate grenadine grossa (6-fold construction) in action.



icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2136 of 4904

Thought I would share by fantastic Sam Hober ties!

 

 

Left to right.

 

Dark Navy Blue Satin Silk Tie #7

Reddish Brown Linen Tie #8

Atkinsons Printed Irish Poplin #6

Dark Chocolate Diamond Weave Silk Tie #21

Powder Blue Stripe On Midnight Blue Grenadine Tie #4(Dirty?! Was cleaned after the picture was taken)

White Dots on Dark Navy Pin-Dot Silk Tie #1    

Gray Cashmere Tie

Sky Blue Cashmere Tie

 

 

 

 

post #2137 of 4904
post #2138 of 4904
Quote:

WOW!  What colors are those?

post #2139 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

WOW!  What colors are those?

In no particular order:

Olive Grossa
Slate Grossa
Bitter Chocolate Grossa
Forest Green Fina
Burgundy Prometeo

Thanks again to David for his great work.
post #2140 of 4904
That burgundy seems pretty bright in color. I hope it is deeper and more brownish for more versatility.
post #2141 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeson22 View Post

In no particular order:

Olive Grossa
Slate Grossa
Bitter Chocolate Grossa
Forest Green Fina
Burgundy Prometeo

Thanks again to David for his great work.

Those are absolutely gorgeous. The olive grossa is especially interesting. I believe this is the first picture I've seen of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obama View Post

That burgundy seems pretty bright in color. I hope it is deeper and more brownish for more versatility.

I do not own the burgundy prometeo, but judging by that picture, it does seem significantly lighter than the burgundy fina. The website pictures indicate this as well. Still, a nice looking color.

I am anxiously awaiting the new striped grenadines as well as the restocks that David said are due at the end of June. I will promptly be placing my next order then, which will include my first 7-fold: unlined/untipped navy fina. nod[1].gif
post #2142 of 4904
This thread is making my wallet weep, all these pictures are absolutely stunning. I wonder, does anyone have one of the Plaid #8 in action? I am in need of a wedding tie, and it strikes me as the most fitting!
post #2143 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiasm View Post

This thread is making my wallet weep, all these pictures are absolutely stunning. I wonder, does anyone have one of the Plaid #8 in action? I am in need of a wedding tie, and it strikes me as the most fitting!

I think these are all Plaid #8 from earlier in the thread.

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/3940718396467213/

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/3940718396418128/

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/3940718396373799/

post #2144 of 4904
I am fortunate to have funds for a few more ties. I ordered three new ones, which will round out my collection for the foreseen time.
 
Burgundy Grenadine Fina Silk Tie #3
Charcoal Gray/Silver Grenadine Silk Tie #21
Powder Blue Grenadine Fina Silk Tie #15
 
I only own a navy suit, charcoal suit, brown plaid jacket, and navy blazer so my tie selection is pretty limited. I'm most excited about the Charcoal Gray/Silver Grenadine. I could have really used that one two weekends ago.
post #2145 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratfordwill View Post

I think these are all Plaid #8 from earlier in the thread.

http://pinterest.com/pin/3940718396467213/

http://pinterest.com/pin/3940718396418128/

http://pinterest.com/pin/3940718396373799/

Thank you very much! They look a tad too shiny for my taste to be honest, would love for them to be mixed with some wool, or maybe hopsack quality. I'll consider it though, the tie itself looks to be great quality!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread