Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Today at 3:49 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 143post #2131 of 64416/11/13 at 1:44pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2132 of 64416/11/13 at 1:55pmpost #2133 of 64416/11/13 at 3:29pmThread Starterpost #2134 of 64416/11/13 at 5:22pmpost #2135 of 64416/11/13 at 6:28pmpost #2136 of 64416/11/13 at 6:51pm
a) Keep in mind that I live in Korea. The only things I've consistently gotten pinged on are packages sent through DHL. Probably different for each country (and indeed, ymmv)
b) You own 50+ Hobers?!? Holy shit, man.
I also live much closer to Thailand, so I've not noticed much difference between standard shipping and DHL as far as delivery time. Normally I just get two Hobers at a time, but as I was getting 3 the shipping costs were about the same so I figured I'd try it.post #2137 of 64416/11/13 at 7:03pmpost #2138 of 64416/11/13 at 7:08pmpost #2139 of 64416/11/13 at 7:20pmpost #2140 of 64416/11/13 at 10:53pmMust be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.
And for those who were curious about English Plaid #9 (it's not shiny):post #2141 of 64416/12/13 at 6:25ampost #2142 of 64416/12/13 at 6:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Sam Hober
Customs is an interesting subject with many variables. (This is for all neckties not just ours) Please note - do not rely on my observations.
For example there is a customs duty within the USA on neckties but it is small as someone mentioned basically the same as sales tax.
My goal is to get our DHL shipping rate lower and lower so that even if there is duty and tax collected it still works out to be best to go with DHL.
David, thanks! This is good information.Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
Must be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.
And for those who were curious about English Plaid #9 (it's not shiny):
Mr. Six, great ties! And I agree that the english plaid #9 is not shiny (I posted a pic of it in action a few days ago, post #2220).post #2143 of 64416/12/13 at 6:50am@ Mr. Six: lovely ties. I have 121 as well. My favorite burgundy tie. As for the carbon black, what does that description mean? Is it a duller black just south of charcoal maybe? Or the opposite; super clean black?
@PP: your pic is so much lighter than David's website, almost orange. Where does the color actually fall IRL?post #2144 of 64416/12/13 at 7:25amQuote:
tdude: IRL the color is much closer to David's website, it is a nice burgundy shade. My pic is washed out (for reference the suit is navy). Alas, the variablility in the iPhone photo quality is frustrating and extremely dependent on the light coming in the windows of my office, but it is what it is..
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?