Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/20/17 at 2:22am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 143post #2131 of 67586/11/13 at 1:44pmThread Starterpost #2132 of 67586/11/13 at 1:55pmpost #2133 of 67586/11/13 at 3:29pmThread Starterpost #2134 of 67586/11/13 at 5:22pmpost #2135 of 67586/11/13 at 6:28pmpost #2136 of 67586/11/13 at 6:51pm
a) Keep in mind that I live in Korea. The only things I've consistently gotten pinged on are packages sent through DHL. Probably different for each country (and indeed, ymmv)
b) You own 50+ Hobers?!? Holy shit, man.
I also live much closer to Thailand, so I've not noticed much difference between standard shipping and DHL as far as delivery time. Normally I just get two Hobers at a time, but as I was getting 3 the shipping costs were about the same so I figured I'd try it.post #2137 of 67586/11/13 at 7:03pmpost #2138 of 67586/11/13 at 7:08pmpost #2139 of 67586/11/13 at 7:20pmpost #2140 of 67586/11/13 at 10:53pmMust be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.
And for those who were curious about English Plaid #9 (it's not shiny):post #2141 of 67586/12/13 at 6:25ampost #2142 of 67586/12/13 at 6:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Sam Hober
Customs is an interesting subject with many variables. (This is for all neckties not just ours) Please note - do not rely on my observations.
For example there is a customs duty within the USA on neckties but it is small as someone mentioned basically the same as sales tax.
My goal is to get our DHL shipping rate lower and lower so that even if there is duty and tax collected it still works out to be best to go with DHL.
David, thanks! This is good information.Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
Must be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.
And for those who were curious about English Plaid #9 (it's not shiny):
Mr. Six, great ties! And I agree that the english plaid #9 is not shiny (I posted a pic of it in action a few days ago, post #2220).post #2143 of 67586/12/13 at 6:50am@ Mr. Six: lovely ties. I have 121 as well. My favorite burgundy tie. As for the carbon black, what does that description mean? Is it a duller black just south of charcoal maybe? Or the opposite; super clean black?
@PP: your pic is so much lighter than David's website, almost orange. Where does the color actually fall IRL?post #2144 of 67586/12/13 at 7:25amQuote:
tdude: IRL the color is much closer to David's website, it is a nice burgundy shade. My pic is washed out (for reference the suit is navy). Alas, the variablility in the iPhone photo quality is frustrating and extremely dependent on the light coming in the windows of my office, but it is what it is..post #2145 of 67586/12/13 at 7:30amThread Starter
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 3 minutes ago
- › Spoo Culls The Ties - Drakes, Cappelli, RLPL, Charvet, etc all $50... 3 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Cody Tassel Loafer in Black Calf - Size 8.5 D 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...