Is it the camera, or is there a bit more sheen than one would expect? Thanks for your response.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:04 am in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 134post #1996 of 64415/28/13 at 5:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1997 of 64415/28/13 at 5:39pmpost #1998 of 64415/28/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Check out post 1910 in this thread. Some beautiful pics of the dark/forest green rough Thai silk tie, which unfortunately is no longer on the Hober site. Guess it sold-out pretty quickly!post #1999 of 64415/28/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
I think it's probably the camera. I don't think there's a terrible amount of sheen on these, but it's always good to order swatches given how cheap they are compared to ties.post #2000 of 64415/28/13 at 5:55pmQuote:
Damn! That tie is a honey, thanks for pointing out the post. Can't believe I only just bought my first green tie ever a few weeks ago (grenadine, not a Hober). So attractive and versatile!post #2001 of 64415/28/13 at 5:55pmpost #2002 of 64415/28/13 at 6:26pmQuote:
No problem. It is an absolutely gorgeous tie, and it was the only rough silk I was considering. I don't have any green ties in my collection, either, but am looking to change that soon. Never really been a fan of green anything, but I came across this PutThisOn post recently and it did me in. I'm thinking a forest green fina will be part of my next Hober order...post #2003 of 64415/28/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flyswatter
No problem. It is an absolutely gorgeous tie, and it was the only rough silk I was considering. I don't have any green ties in my collection, either, but am looking to change that soon. Never really been a fan of green anything, but I came across this PutThisOn post recently and it did me in. I'm thinking a forest green fina will be part of my next Hober order...
I have a forest green fina, but a Chipp2 tie. Not as high a qualit as Hober, but 1/2 the price and proximity to my office often lends itself to my buying whenver I have an alteration done there.post #2004 of 64415/28/13 at 10:43pmSwatches came in just enough time for me to make a final Hober order before the beginning of the June No Purchase Club. Ended up adding a bottle green diamond weave tie, burgundy madder twill (these silks are seriously beautiful, got the orange madder along with the swatches) and English Pattern Silk Tie #6 to the collection.
Incidentally, I recall loving the English Pattern Silk Tie #6 and being quite dismayed along with some others that it was out of stock for what seemed like forever. As a public service announcement for those who haven't acquired one yet, it's back in stock (looks like enough for 12 ties). Link is below for those so inclined:
https://www.samhober.com/pattern-silk-ties/english-pattern-silk-tie-6.htmlpost #2005 of 64415/29/13 at 12:18ampost #2006 of 64415/29/13 at 5:58ampost #2007 of 64415/29/13 at 5:59ampost #2008 of 64415/29/13 at 6:16ampost #2009 of 64415/29/13 at 3:59pm
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 1 second ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 seconds ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...