^ Purple-tone ties are the best. Along with green-tone ties, they're the most versatile after navy.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop! Tom Ford Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 127
Styleforum Top Picks
Keep on snapping the photos, it is all the pics in this thread that feed my addiction! I have Macclesfield print that is similar. Love it!
You need some purple in your life.
Midnight blue linen (3-fold construction) in action today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Carbon black piccola w/ Rubinacci Sirenuse square from ASW Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
superb ties, and jackets, guys.
i think its time for me to place another hober order.
That is absolutely gorgeous... Would that be the 3/4 folded unlined one? I don't quite understand how the Hober ordering system is set up, but I'm looking to try out something just like what you're wearing there!
Scurvy - very nice. Suprisingly I do not have a black grenadine in my collection...I'll have to change that.
in stitches - thank you! It is always time to place an order with David...
tdude - thank you! The #87 is awesome
Enthusiasm - thank you! My dark purple diamond weave is the standard 3-fold construction and is lined. The diamond weaves are pretty substantial so I don't feel the need to go to 6-fold construction.
You and I must have the same taste. I also have both the dark (forest) green and the dark purple diamond weave ties (albeit in 6-fold configuration). They only one you are missing is navy
...and I do have the navy, just haven't worn it since I started posting pics.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Comparable Brands to Superdry Jackets? 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Justified (on FX) 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays