^^ That sounds about right to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 10:38 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 118post #1756 of 64414/10/13 at 9:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1757 of 64414/10/13 at 9:44ampost #1758 of 64414/10/13 at 11:26amI recently made my 3rd order, always opting for standard shipping.
I expect commissioned items to take as long as the current backlog of production in front of me. Nothing is stock.
If you need a special item for a special day and you're late in ordering, you can ask David if he can make special accommodation. Some months are probably busier than others, so the making will take as long as it takes and the shipping will take as long as it does. If I wanted a standard tie delivered tomorrow I'd buy from someone else. But, I want a specific tie, made of a specific fabric, in a specific length and width, with other specific details. I wait for that to be made at the pace it takes for it to be made.
I've got a pair of shoes on order since October (I think, maybe earlier) that was expected in early March that is still not ready. But, it's a custom shoe on a particular last and so I wait until it's ready. I could have bought RTW shoes, but I went MTO and that's just how it works from small factories with larger demand than production.post #1759 of 64414/10/13 at 11:41ampost #1760 of 64414/10/13 at 11:49ampost #1761 of 64414/10/13 at 1:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by archibaldleach
My latest order arrived today. Midnight grenadine grossa with brown and light blue stripes and a light blue linen tie. The photograph does not do justice to the lovely texture of the linen.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Snap! Mine arrived today too. Pretty sure we used up the last of the fabric - there was only one left in stock when I put the order in.post #1762 of 64414/10/13 at 1:45pmpost #1763 of 64414/10/13 at 1:48pmpost #1764 of 64414/10/13 at 1:50pmpost #1765 of 64414/11/13 at 8:11ampost #1766 of 64414/12/13 at 7:38ampost #1767 of 64414/12/13 at 8:17ampost #1768 of 64414/12/13 at 10:46ampost #1769 of 64414/12/13 at 10:57am
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1026 Active Users (143 Members and 883 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 23 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.