Excellent! What width?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:04 am in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 3:28 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Today at 5:09 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: Yesterday
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 115
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1712 of 64413/28/13 at 5:27pmpost #1713 of 64413/28/13 at 11:18pm
Three new grenadines arrived today. Here is the current set:
Left to right: Black (grossa), Navy (fina), Dark Navy (fina), Dark Chocolate (fina), Bitter Chocolate (fina).
I had the dark chocolate and navy. The bitter chocolate, dark navy, and black are new. The dark navy order was a tactical error. The swatch set showed what I believed to be a much greater contrast between navy and dark navy. This picture exaggerates the difference between them. Sitting here with them in front of me, I can't tell which is which without looking at the tags on the back (the new set uses newer tags). There is definitely no good reason to have both. Oops.post #1714 of 64413/29/13 at 12:10amQuote:
One can never have too many navy grenadines, especially when of Hober quality. There is absolutely good reason to have both. Nice ties.post #1715 of 64413/29/13 at 1:29am
Now you can wear one out to dinners without fear of ruining it through spilling sauce or wine on it! If the unthinkable does happen, astonish your table by nonchalently removing the tie and throwing it away before pulling out your second navy Sam Hober and knotting it there and then. If it's a business dinner - guaranteed promotion right there.post #1716 of 64413/29/13 at 5:52ampost #1717 of 64413/29/13 at 6:14ampost #1718 of 64413/29/13 at 7:37ampost #1719 of 64413/29/13 at 7:42ampost #1720 of 64413/29/13 at 8:33ampost #1721 of 64413/29/13 at 8:41ampost #1722 of 64413/29/13 at 9:31am
To no one's surprise, David has made a generous offer to me to replace my "duplicative" navy tie with another of my choice. And another forum member and I have split the windfall such that the duplicative tie will find a loving new home. I offered to make David the recipient of the funds for sending the tie to the other forum member, but he politely declined. I have dealt with many companies that provide top rate customer service, but it would be impossible to beat Sam Hober.post #1723 of 64413/29/13 at 12:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Patrick R
To no one's surprise, David has made a generous offer to me to replace my "duplicative" navy tie with another of my choice. And another forum member and I have split the windfall such that the duplicative tie will find a loving new home. I offered to make David the recipient of the funds for sending the tie to the other forum member, but he politely declined. I have dealt with many companies that provide top rate customer service, but it would be impossible to beat Sam Hober.
Extremely generous. Thanks for sharingpost #1724 of 64413/29/13 at 5:08pmpost #1725 of 64413/30/13 at 7:58amQuote:Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
first pic, macclesfield's first:
183 (pic does no justice to the tie. its a gorgeous orange. the tip in the shadow is nearer the richness than the rest which is washed out)
121 (its really a straight dark red/burgundy without the purplish hue in the pic)
136 (one of my top 5 favorites, the chocolate brown ground is so saturated)
104 (very CBD, the dark green ground is not very green--almost gray, works well for a sober business meeting with a navy suit. just enough contrast to avoid security uniform look)
the other two are dark burnt orange twill which I don't see on the site anymore (but I have the burnt orange madder swatch and frankly I think its even better than the tie I already have . and last midnight blue linen
second pic all grenadines:
brick prometeo (nice off red/rusty hue)
dark blue grossa
dark chocolate fina (another favorite)
dark red grossa
third pic all challis which is awesome. a soft, pliable wool with subtle texture and the perfect weight interlining so a FIH ties the same knot as a silk tie:
forest green (my favorite green tie)
4th pic probably has the go-to ties (except the silver linen that I through in at the last second. awesome tie, but not worn as much. hope David gets more linen in, their awesome and just like the challis, i wonder if he pairs the weight of the tie material to the interlining so that the thickness remains roughly the same across materials. cause I get the same knot no matter what tie I wear)
macclesfield's except the stripe:
don't see the first one on the site anymore and I don't remember the number but macclesfield navy neat
Atkinson's royal signals (sheesh I love this one. the irish poplin is amazing. probably gonna get some more of these)
178 (another favorite)
105 (love this one too, the light blue and white pattern pops off the charcoal ground)
75 (love this one too)
20 (also love this one, great with really dark suits, but is not as light blue as in the photo--more mid-blue)
87 (maybe the most go-to one I have for CBD moments. the ground is super dark, so it works with any gray or lighter than indigo navy suit easily providing contrast and the neat pattern is subtle)
If I can conceal my addiction from my wife, more will be coming.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Recent purchases - Part II 47 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...