Haha. My order shipped March 8 via registered airmail. David says to allow three weeks for delivery, but from what I've gathered reading this thread, it's usually only about two weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop! Tom Ford Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 112
Styleforum Top Picks
Images of the new macclesfields are up!
Hmm, since I posted that link, it seems to have changed to http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-printed-silk-ties/
Unfortunately not mine . It was a pic taken from earlier in this thread of one someone else's 6-fold Hober grenatines. Just thought it looked awesome, lol. Fortunately though, I'll be getting my own dark navy grenadine from Hober soon, although mine will be the standard 4-fold.
Images of the new Rough Thai Silk are up now too - http://www.samhober.com/rough-thai-silk-ties/
These look great. So are these shantung? I know shantung is a rough silk fabric as well, but is there a difference between shantung and these? Definitely some great summer ties, I particularly like the burnt orange and ocean blue.
Your question is a good one.
I will answer in general about all ties not only ours.
You need to start with thinking what you would like to endup with as the weight of your tie.
So if you are thinking of something light it would be a good idea to go with a 3 fold tie. Or 4-fold for grenadines as the fourth fold does not add weight but helps with a grenadine's durability.
If you like heavy ties consider a 6 fold. Or perhaps a unlined 7-fold - although 7-folds wrinkle more and do not hold their shape as well as a lined 6-fold.
There is normally no need to consider a tie heavier than a 6-fold unless the fabric is very light then you can consider an 8-fold to add more weight.
So it becomes part science thinking of the fabric weight with a bit of art/craft balancing the different constructions into the final product.
In the end quality depends on working slowly with hand craftmanship.
Great explanation David. So what types of fabrics would you consider light enough to warrant considering an 8-fold tie?
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › Engineered Garments SS15 12 seconds ago
- › Cruisin For a Bruisin Black & Blue SWD Challenge Thread 2/1/15-2/15/15 30 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent destroyed jeans (30) & Balmain Biker Jeans (30) 33 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best MTMs in England. 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays