Haha. My order shipped March 8 via registered airmail. David says to allow three weeks for delivery, but from what I've gathered reading this thread, it's usually only about two weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/20/17 at 2:22am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 112post #1666 of 67573/19/13 at 1:22pmpost #1667 of 67573/19/13 at 2:10pmpost #1668 of 67573/20/13 at 3:42ampost #1669 of 67573/20/13 at 4:34ampost #1670 of 67573/20/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by ddgdl
Images of the new macclesfields are up!
Hmm, since I posted that link, it seems to have changed to http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-printed-silk-ties/post #1671 of 67573/20/13 at 5:37ampost #1672 of 67573/20/13 at 5:37ampost #1673 of 67573/20/13 at 6:07amQuote:
Unfortunately not mine . It was a pic taken from earlier in this thread of one someone else's 6-fold Hober grenatines. Just thought it looked awesome, lol. Fortunately though, I'll be getting my own dark navy grenadine from Hober soon, although mine will be the standard 4-fold.post #1674 of 67573/20/13 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by ddgdl
Images of the new Rough Thai Silk are up now too - http://www.samhober.com/rough-thai-silk-ties/
These look great. So are these shantung? I know shantung is a rough silk fabric as well, but is there a difference between shantung and these? Definitely some great summer ties, I particularly like the burnt orange and ocean blue.post #1675 of 67573/20/13 at 6:21ampost #1676 of 67573/20/13 at 6:41ampost #1677 of 67573/20/13 at 6:45ampost #1678 of 67573/20/13 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Sam Hober
Your question is a good one.
I will answer in general about all ties not only ours.
You need to start with thinking what you would like to endup with as the weight of your tie.
So if you are thinking of something light it would be a good idea to go with a 3 fold tie. Or 4-fold for grenadines as the fourth fold does not add weight but helps with a grenadine's durability.
If you like heavy ties consider a 6 fold. Or perhaps a unlined 7-fold - although 7-folds wrinkle more and do not hold their shape as well as a lined 6-fold.
There is normally no need to consider a tie heavier than a 6-fold unless the fabric is very light then you can consider an 8-fold to add more weight.
So it becomes part science thinking of the fabric weight with a bit of art/craft balancing the different constructions into the final product.
In the end quality depends on working slowly with hand craftmanship.
Great explanation David. So what types of fabrics would you consider light enough to warrant considering an 8-fold tie?post #1679 of 67573/20/13 at 7:41ampost #1680 of 67573/20/13 at 8:51am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 9 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 20 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...