or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 110

post #1636 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

powder blue and brown stripes and midnight blue grenadine (GST-3)

Is that the tie seen in the pic below?



From reply 1535 of this thread. That is one of the most gorgeous ties I've ever seen. When I placed my first Hober order a few weeks ago, it was unavailable, but now I see there's enough fabric on hand for three. Already contemplating my next Hober purchase, and my first three ties haven't even arrived yet. Indeed, this thread is horrible for my budget as well.
post #1637 of 5277
Indeed, Flyswatter. That is exactly the one I was talking about. Simply a stunning tie that I needed in my collection.
post #1638 of 5277

To those who have Hober Grenadine Grossa swatches:

 

Would you say Midnight Blue works better with a Navy suit than either Navy or Dark Navy? I was thinking of getting Dark Navy, but it sounds like Midnight Blue might be a better bet.

post #1639 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylkim30 View Post

To those who have Hober Grenadine Grossa swatches:

 

Would you say Midnight Blue works better with a Navy suit than either Navy or Dark Navy? I was thinking of getting Dark Navy, but it sounds like Midnight Blue might be a better bet.

I have a midnight blue grenadine and a navy grenadine and I find myself wearing the midnight blue much more. It still has enough color that you can definitely tell it's blue and there's no problem wearing it with brown, but the darker color seems richer and has more of a contrast against the light blue shirts that I usually wear. 

post #1640 of 5277
I ordered a midnight blue in grossa and received an email yesterday that it had been shipped. Will let you know in 3 weeks. smile.gif
post #1641 of 5277

My latest haul of Hobers has arrived - I couldn't be happier with them.

 

All are 55 x 3.25 inch.

 

Bitter chocolate prometeo

Dark navy grossa

Madder #12 (midnight blue with dark red, sky blue and off-white paisley motifs), lined six fold

Black grossa

 

 

post #1642 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodking View Post

My latest haul of Hobers has arrived - I couldn't be happier with them.

 

All are 55 x 3.25 inch.

 

Bitter chocolate prometeo

Dark navy grossa

Madder #12 (midnight blue with dark red, sky blue and off-white paisley motifs), lined six fold

Black grossa

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Nice haul! I have a bitter chocolate grossa and dark navy fina on the way, according to David they should ship out next week.

post #1643 of 5277

^^ That prometeo is so crunchy you could eat it for breakfast.

post #1644 of 5277

just ordered my first 4 grenadines in fina, will post a review as soon as I get them.

post #1645 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mans72 View Post

just ordered my first 4 grenadines in fina, will post a review as soon as I get them.

 

What colors? 

post #1646 of 5277

Okay, time to order more grenadines.  I have so far the white pindot on midnight blue grossa and the burgundy fina.  I am thinking about the following:  Dark Red grossa, bitter chocolate grossa, navy grossa, purple and black grossa or fina, and the brown, blue and white stripe grossa.  I think I will order three.  Thoughts?  Initial thought was dark red, bitter chocolate, and navy grossa.  Also, has anyone spent the money for a six fold grenadine?  Worth it?  I like a substantial tie and knot, but am on the fence about whether I want to spring for the six fold on one.  Thanks.

post #1647 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvwine View Post

Okay, time to order more grenadines.  I have so far the white pindot on midnight blue grossa and the burgundy fina.  I am thinking about the following:  Dark Red grossa, bitter chocolate grossa, navy grossa, purple and black grossa or fina, and the brown, blue and white stripe grossa.  I think I will order three.  Thoughts?  Initial thought was dark red, bitter chocolate, and navy grossa.  Also, has anyone spent the money for a six fold grenadine?  Worth it?  I like a substantial tie and knot, but am on the fence about whether I want to spring for the six fold on one.  Thanks.

 

Bitter chocolate, brown/blue/white stripe, and purple fina

 

I have a six fold grenadine- its almost too thick, to be honest.  I'd go with a 4 fold.

post #1648 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgdl View Post

Bitter chocolate, brown/blue/white stripe, and purple fina

I have a six fold grenadine- its almost too thick, to be honest.  I'd go with a 4 fold.

Agree...4 fold is recommended.
post #1649 of 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvwine View Post

Okay, time to order more grenadines.  I have so far the white pindot on midnight blue grossa and the burgundy fina.  I am thinking about the following:  Dark Red grossa, bitter chocolate grossa, navy grossa, purple and black grossa or fina, and the brown, blue and white stripe grossa.  I think I will order three.  Thoughts?  Initial thought was dark red, bitter chocolate, and navy grossa.  Also, has anyone spent the money for a six fold grenadine?  Worth it?  I like a substantial tie and knot, but am on the fence about whether I want to spring for the six fold on one.  Thanks.

 

Not sure I am comfortable suggesting which ties to go with (other than all of them), but my own selection would be the dark red, navy and purple/black (all in the grossa).  I own two of those (I don't have the dark red, although I do have the red). 

 

4-fold is plenty substantial but I would pick one and make it a 6-fold to see if you like it. Most of mine are 6-fold, they are beefy but certainly manageable and tie a great knot. 

 

Anyway you go color-wise or fold-wise you are getting a fantastic tie. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #1650 of 5277
I have the dark red in a six fold and the bright blue in a four fold. I think the four fold works better than the six on the grenadine...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread