Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- PRICE DROP! marblehouse Final Clearance Thread - (Roda, E. Belvest, Drumohr, Zegna, Stile... Last post on 9/19/15 at 7:57am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on 10/7/15 at 8:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 106
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm about to pull the trigger on my first set of Hober ties, and had a question about shipping. On the website it mentions that both DHS and EMS shipping are available. For those in the U.S., which is better, and how long does average delivery take once the ties are shipped? Thanks!
I opted for DHL, and got my ties within 3 days of them being shipped. I would definitely recommend DHL, where you get accurate tracking, instead of having your shipment lost in the postal system for 2-3 weeks.
Thanks msulinski. I just placed my order, opted for DHS. Can't wait for my first Hober ties to arrive!
I'm not sure the colours are 100% spot on though, as these are taken in the bathroom with a strong light. Judging by how both the pink shirt and the blue shirt look almost white, it seems like they're all a bit lighter than in real life.
Oh and by the way these are all 3.85 inches wide and 67/66 inches long (65 for grenadines to compensate for stretching)
Houndstooth that's made up of what looks like silver and burgundy, which looks coppery in real life 3-fold
Dark navy english satin, slightly darker IRL 3-fold.
White blue and red very fine check, pretty close to IRL 3-fold
Forest green diamond weave, IRL it's a darker and more pure green, same blazer as both above and below for color comparison. 3-fold
White and black (I think) glen check, 6-fold. Picture is accurate
Dark red grenadine fina, 4-fold, picture is a touch light. Blazer is the same as above, so you can see that the pic is brighter.
White and black english woven pattern, 6-fold, pretty close to real life
White woven dots on midnight blue background, 3-fold, pretty close though perhaps a touch lighter than real life.
Edited by The Silverfox - 3/1/13 at 6:46pm
It's in the category Pattern Silk Ties, and I believe the code is (was) EPT-6, but unfortunately I got the last one if I recall correctly. I would speculate that this is one that will make a return, but that's just speculation on my part, I'm sure David will have that info. There's a pic on the site, one of the few where they've rolled the tie up and then laid it on it's side so you really see the light play with it, as it does when worn IRL, that really does it justice.
Solid grenadine grossa:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Solid English silk and diamond weave ties:
Pin dot and flower pattern ties:
Stripes and other patterns:
Sorry the camera shot isn't better, but you get the idea.
Nice! What collar is that first grenadine grossa? I'm assuming burgundy or dark red?
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 40 seconds ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Video Games 5 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 5 minutes ago
- › Dark grey Belvest 6x2 DB suit EU 50R / US 40R Drop 7. Tried on once 5 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth