Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on Today at 9:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 4/23/15 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 106
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm about to pull the trigger on my first set of Hober ties, and had a question about shipping. On the website it mentions that both DHS and EMS shipping are available. For those in the U.S., which is better, and how long does average delivery take once the ties are shipped? Thanks!
I opted for DHL, and got my ties within 3 days of them being shipped. I would definitely recommend DHL, where you get accurate tracking, instead of having your shipment lost in the postal system for 2-3 weeks.
Thanks msulinski. I just placed my order, opted for DHS. Can't wait for my first Hober ties to arrive!
I'm not sure the colours are 100% spot on though, as these are taken in the bathroom with a strong light. Judging by how both the pink shirt and the blue shirt look almost white, it seems like they're all a bit lighter than in real life.
Oh and by the way these are all 3.85 inches wide and 67/66 inches long (65 for grenadines to compensate for stretching)
Houndstooth that's made up of what looks like silver and burgundy, which looks coppery in real life 3-fold
Dark navy english satin, slightly darker IRL 3-fold.
White blue and red very fine check, pretty close to IRL 3-fold
Forest green diamond weave, IRL it's a darker and more pure green, same blazer as both above and below for color comparison. 3-fold
White and black (I think) glen check, 6-fold. Picture is accurate
Dark red grenadine fina, 4-fold, picture is a touch light. Blazer is the same as above, so you can see that the pic is brighter.
White and black english woven pattern, 6-fold, pretty close to real life
White woven dots on midnight blue background, 3-fold, pretty close though perhaps a touch lighter than real life.
Edited by The Silverfox - 3/1/13 at 6:46pm
It's in the category Pattern Silk Ties, and I believe the code is (was) EPT-6, but unfortunately I got the last one if I recall correctly. I would speculate that this is one that will make a return, but that's just speculation on my part, I'm sure David will have that info. There's a pic on the site, one of the few where they've rolled the tie up and then laid it on it's side so you really see the light play with it, as it does when worn IRL, that really does it justice.
Solid grenadine grossa:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Solid English silk and diamond weave ties:
Pin dot and flower pattern ties:
Stripes and other patterns:
Sorry the camera shot isn't better, but you get the idea.
Nice! What collar is that first grenadine grossa? I'm assuming burgundy or dark red?
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 1 minute ago
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 3 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 4 minutes ago
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Il Cravattaio Matto (eBay) - Legit? 7 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 7 minutes ago
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 7 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...