Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- CONSOLIDATED! marblehouse Final Clearance Thread - Pocket Squares, Ties, Shirts, Pants, Jackets... Last post on 11/17/15 at 5:09pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:39pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Yesterday at 4:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 106
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm about to pull the trigger on my first set of Hober ties, and had a question about shipping. On the website it mentions that both DHS and EMS shipping are available. For those in the U.S., which is better, and how long does average delivery take once the ties are shipped? Thanks!
I opted for DHL, and got my ties within 3 days of them being shipped. I would definitely recommend DHL, where you get accurate tracking, instead of having your shipment lost in the postal system for 2-3 weeks.
Thanks msulinski. I just placed my order, opted for DHS. Can't wait for my first Hober ties to arrive!
I'm not sure the colours are 100% spot on though, as these are taken in the bathroom with a strong light. Judging by how both the pink shirt and the blue shirt look almost white, it seems like they're all a bit lighter than in real life.
Oh and by the way these are all 3.85 inches wide and 67/66 inches long (65 for grenadines to compensate for stretching)
Houndstooth that's made up of what looks like silver and burgundy, which looks coppery in real life 3-fold
Dark navy english satin, slightly darker IRL 3-fold.
White blue and red very fine check, pretty close to IRL 3-fold
Forest green diamond weave, IRL it's a darker and more pure green, same blazer as both above and below for color comparison. 3-fold
White and black (I think) glen check, 6-fold. Picture is accurate
Dark red grenadine fina, 4-fold, picture is a touch light. Blazer is the same as above, so you can see that the pic is brighter.
White and black english woven pattern, 6-fold, pretty close to real life
White woven dots on midnight blue background, 3-fold, pretty close though perhaps a touch lighter than real life.
Edited by The Silverfox - 3/1/13 at 6:46pm
It's in the category Pattern Silk Ties, and I believe the code is (was) EPT-6, but unfortunately I got the last one if I recall correctly. I would speculate that this is one that will make a return, but that's just speculation on my part, I'm sure David will have that info. There's a pic on the site, one of the few where they've rolled the tie up and then laid it on it's side so you really see the light play with it, as it does when worn IRL, that really does it justice.
Solid grenadine grossa:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Solid English silk and diamond weave ties:
Pin dot and flower pattern ties:
Stripes and other patterns:
Sorry the camera shot isn't better, but you get the idea.
Nice! What collar is that first grenadine grossa? I'm assuming burgundy or dark red?
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Stone Island TORTOISE SHELL OVD Trousers | Size:30 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 17 minutes ago
- › New gap denim 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories