Same here, I'm 5'9" and wear a 57.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/12/16 at 2:44pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 5:17 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 103post #1531 of 64412/28/13 at 7:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1532 of 64412/28/13 at 7:31ampost #1533 of 64412/28/13 at 7:42amThread Starterpost #1534 of 64412/28/13 at 7:43ampost #1535 of 64412/28/13 at 7:45ampost #1536 of 64412/28/13 at 7:55amThread Starter
cool beans, good to know.
iirc, i think the standard length on most of my OTR ties are closer to 60-62 inches. but 58 is fine. just leaves less back blade behind the front blade, but it still reaches the blade holder and the knot seems to be the same.post #1537 of 64412/28/13 at 8:11ampost #1538 of 64412/28/13 at 8:19ampost #1539 of 64412/28/13 at 8:33amQuote:
You are right!! Mine is 57" though.
Also, I don't know how a 57" tie barely reaches the keeper. I can easily tie double FIH's with my 57" ties no problem. We all must like different placement spots for our ties!post #1540 of 64412/28/13 at 9:08amQuote:
I'd imagine it would depend on what knot you tie, the length of your torso and where you wear your trousers. 56" for me is perfect for a standard FIH knot (narrow blade is about 2 inches shorter than the wide blade).post #1541 of 64412/28/13 at 10:19amThread Starterpost #1542 of 64412/28/13 at 10:43ampost #1543 of 64412/28/13 at 11:03amThread Starterpost #1544 of 64412/28/13 at 11:12amI'll throw my measurements into the mix: I'm 5'10", 16" neck, and prefer 59" ties. I tie a four-in-hand and prefer higher rise trousers. Back blade usually ends up being about 2 inches shorter than the front. I have typically preferred 3.5 inch ties, but thought I'd experiment a little and specified one at 3.75 on my recent order from Hober.post #1545 of 64412/28/13 at 11:24amQuote:
Add to that neck size, and waist size which makes the tie hang differently
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1708 Active Users (354 Members and 1354 Guests)
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 19 seconds ago
- › Pal Zileri SC 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris SL/10 Court Sneakers SZ 44.5 (Black Perforated) 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.