Same here, I'm 5'9" and wear a 57.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 103
post #1531 of 6276
2/28/13 at 7:26am
Styleforum Top Picks
post #1532 of 6276
2/28/13 at 7:31am
post #1533 of 6276
2/28/13 at 7:42am
post #1534 of 6276
2/28/13 at 7:43am
post #1535 of 6276
2/28/13 at 7:45am
post #1536 of 6276
2/28/13 at 7:55am
cool beans, good to know.
iirc, i think the standard length on most of my OTR ties are closer to 60-62 inches. but 58 is fine. just leaves less back blade behind the front blade, but it still reaches the blade holder and the knot seems to be the same.
post #1537 of 6276
2/28/13 at 8:11am
post #1538 of 6276
2/28/13 at 8:19am
post #1539 of 6276
2/28/13 at 8:33am
You are right!! Mine is 57" though.
Also, I don't know how a 57" tie barely reaches the keeper. I can easily tie double FIH's with my 57" ties no problem. We all must like different placement spots for our ties!
post #1540 of 6276
2/28/13 at 9:08am
I'd imagine it would depend on what knot you tie, the length of your torso and where you wear your trousers. 56" for me is perfect for a standard FIH knot (narrow blade is about 2 inches shorter than the wide blade).
post #1541 of 6276
2/28/13 at 10:19am
post #1542 of 6276
2/28/13 at 10:43am
post #1543 of 6276
2/28/13 at 11:03am
post #1544 of 6276
2/28/13 at 11:12am
I'll throw my measurements into the mix: I'm 5'10", 16" neck, and prefer 59" ties. I tie a four-in-hand and prefer higher rise trousers. Back blade usually ends up being about 2 inches shorter than the front. I have typically preferred 3.5 inch ties, but thought I'd experiment a little and specified one at 3.75 on my recent order from Hober.
post #1545 of 6276
2/28/13 at 11:24am
Add to that neck size, and waist size which makes the tie hang differently
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Currently, there are 1778 Active Users (383 Members and 1395 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 seconds ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 57 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › No Brogue or Semi Brogue for Interview 5 minutes ago
- › RULES for the tall and skinny man 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...