Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 31 NWT Ties- Bergdorf Goodman, Breuer, Charvet, Drakes, Gitman Bros, Kiton, PRL, and Tom Ford Last post on Yesterday at 10:14 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties Galore Last post on 5/18/13 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- pricedrop 5/11 - RLPL Dot Tie and RLBL Knit Tie Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 5/20/13 at 4:41pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA Napoli Tie MEGATHREAD! Brand New - Various Colors, Materials & Designs - 7 FOLD!! Last post on 4/24/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 101
- navy fina
- forest green fina
- bitter chocolate piccola
- dark purple piccola
- black grossa
- dark navy grossa
- burgundy grossa
My hope is to be able to wear a Hober tie everyday eventually. Next up will be some Macclesfields.
Unfortunately I stained the navy fina recently. I wanted to send it to Tie Crafters, but that wasn't an option with their four-tie minimum, so it's at Rave Fabricare right now. I'm hoping they can work some magic.
Thanks, David, for making such great ties.
Edited by ChetBakerSings - 1/6/13 at 1:29pm
I'm at five Hobers. Talking with David about a sixth, something he's described as a bit of an experiment (unlined four fold piccola). Now that somebody has mentioned it, I'll have to get a 7th so as to have one every day of the week.
I am really, really happy that Panta doesn't offer more colors in their grenadines. Hober and Panta provide two different types of ties...but if they didn't...well...hard choices would have to be made.
EDIT: seriously...David is amazing to work with.
STITCHY (if you say his name in all caps, he appears, right?)
As the forum's greatest Hober champion (though the entire forum pretty much reps his goods at this point), what say you to Hober shantung?
(though perhaps Hober already accounts for enough tie awesomeness and does not need to expand...)
"+1. David, any chance of offering shantungs for this summer? You'd likely have a lot of takers..."
We used to offer Thai silks with a rough texture and lots of slubs but found that they were not in demand so we started weaving smoother Thai silk.
We could offer rough Thai and perhaps some Italian silk again and perhaps we should maybe in stripes...
I shall think about it.
David, I would prefer solid color shantung/tussah ties (the slubbier the better). I hope you'll start making those because I would buy at least brown and navy ones instantly.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 8 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 9 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 19 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw