Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 9:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 101
Styleforum Top Picks
- navy fina
- forest green fina
- bitter chocolate piccola
- dark purple piccola
- black grossa
- dark navy grossa
- burgundy grossa
My hope is to be able to wear a Hober tie everyday eventually. Next up will be some Macclesfields.
Unfortunately I stained the navy fina recently. I wanted to send it to Tie Crafters, but that wasn't an option with their four-tie minimum, so it's at Rave Fabricare right now. I'm hoping they can work some magic.
Thanks, David, for making such great ties.
Edited by ChetB - 1/6/13 at 1:29pm
I'm at five Hobers. Talking with David about a sixth, something he's described as a bit of an experiment (unlined four fold piccola). Now that somebody has mentioned it, I'll have to get a 7th so as to have one every day of the week.
I am really, really happy that Panta doesn't offer more colors in their grenadines. Hober and Panta provide two different types of ties...but if they didn't...well...hard choices would have to be made.
EDIT: seriously...David is amazing to work with.
STITCHY (if you say his name in all caps, he appears, right?)
As the forum's greatest Hober champion (though the entire forum pretty much reps his goods at this point), what say you to Hober shantung?
(though perhaps Hober already accounts for enough tie awesomeness and does not need to expand...)
"+1. David, any chance of offering shantungs for this summer? You'd likely have a lot of takers..."
We used to offer Thai silks with a rough texture and lots of slubs but found that they were not in demand so we started weaving smoother Thai silk.
We could offer rough Thai and perhaps some Italian silk again and perhaps we should maybe in stripes...
I shall think about it.
David, I would prefer solid color shantung/tussah ties (the slubbier the better). I hope you'll start making those because I would buy at least brown and navy ones instantly.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 20 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 21 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › StyleForum Interviews Greg and Abdul of Abasi Rosborough 25 minutes ago
- › Tailors in Abu Dhabi 28 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw