For anyone on the taller side, I found a nice red garza fina on ebay today - http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Sam-Hober-HANDMADE-Grenadine-Garza-Fina-Cherry-Red-Solid-Silk-Mens-Tie-NR-/310606168856?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item4851920318
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- PRICE DROP! marblehouse Final Clearance Thread - (Roda, E. Belvest, Drumohr, Zegna, Stile... Last post on 9/19/15 at 7:57am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on 10/7/15 at 8:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 100
Styleforum Top Picks
By any chance, can you post the picture of burgundy and bitter chocolate together? From what I have seen on this thread colors tend to look slightly different from the website. It might be just due to lighting, but extra pictures always helps.
Thanks Claghorn. I'll take a note on that. Yeah, I am thinking of just getting my third tie as grossa too instead of fina.
Yeah, I have pinned those on my Pinterest. Btw are these both grossa?
Not together, but close enough. These ties are pretty old, from an age before grenadine came in different sizes. Note, the burgundy is not nearly as purplish as it appears in the photo.
Just emailed David about placing my first order for some Hober ties! I've decided on the following:
- Dark Navy Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- Dark Red Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- White Pindots on Dark Navy: lined four fold, untipped, hand-rolled edges
Can't wait to get them. Anyone with the above ties care to share some pics in the wild to whet my appetite while I wait on my order?
I've got the dark red fina, and planning on getting the dark navy fina too for that matter. (have a navy grosso, but it's a touch too light for some of my suits)
I'm not sure if I have a pic yet of it, if I do I'll slap it up here, if I don't I'll take one tonight.
It's a remarkable tie though, always forms a beautiful graceful knot (that really holds too), and pretty much automatically gives me a double dimple no matter how I tie it and regardless of whether I try or not.
Edited by The Silverfox - 2/25/13 at 7:43am
Can't go wrong with that! Although, his four folds are more than substantial.
I have a 6 fold wedding tie, a 6 fold grenadine, and a 3 fold macclesfield. The 6 fold wedding tie has an unbeatable drape, but in my opinion is probably a touch too intense for every-day wear. My 6 fold grenadine and 3 fold macclesfield are both wonderful. I think in the future I will probably stick with 4 folds grenadines (ordered a navy and a forest green just the other day), and 3 folds for everything else- even the 3 folds have great knots.
Second question is, I am thinking of either garza fina or grossa in burgundy/dark chocolate/bitter chocolate. Which type of garza and color would you guys go with? I know the best answer is getting them all, but due to my limited budget, I have to be cautious (and meticulous).
im sure youll get a plethora of opinions...its just a matter of taste. I personally prefer the fina over the grossa though.
1. Macclesfield Silk Tie #102? I'm leaning toward this one because the lavender, white and sky blue flowers would look great with a light brown or lt. grey suit; or
2. Macclesfield Silk Tie #84?
Edited by Cuttingboard - 2/26/13 at 6:46pm
Need help trying to decide which Macclesfield tie to buy for spring...which do you prefer?
1. Macclesfield Silk Tie #102? I'm leaning toward this one because the lavender, white and sky blue flowers would look great with a light brown or navy suit; or
2. Macclesfield Silk Tie #84?
I personally don't like navy-based ties with navy suits. That is why I got one of the reddish burgundy Macclesfield ties. I like the first tie better by a small margin.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 seconds ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 57 seconds ago
- › Gorgeous Barbour Dept B Navy Jacket Medium Slim Fit 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 3 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth