For anyone on the taller side, I found a nice red garza fina on ebay today - http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Sam-Hober-HANDMADE-Grenadine-Garza-Fina-Cherry-Red-Solid-Silk-Mens-Tie-NR-/310606168856?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item4851920318
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 100post #1487 of 65632/21/13 at 4:39pmpost #1488 of 65632/22/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by strangedream
By any chance, can you post the picture of burgundy and bitter chocolate together? From what I have seen on this thread colors tend to look slightly different from the website. It might be just due to lighting, but extra pictures always helps.
Thanks Claghorn. I'll take a note on that. Yeah, I am thinking of just getting my third tie as grossa too instead of fina.
Yeah, I have pinned those on my Pinterest. Btw are these both grossa?
Not together, but close enough. These ties are pretty old, from an age before grenadine came in different sizes. Note, the burgundy is not nearly as purplish as it appears in the photo.post #1489 of 65632/25/13 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Flyswatter
Just emailed David about placing my first order for some Hober ties! I've decided on the following:
- Dark Navy Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- Dark Red Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- White Pindots on Dark Navy: lined four fold, untipped, hand-rolled edges
Can't wait to get them. Anyone with the above ties care to share some pics in the wild to whet my appetite while I wait on my order?
I've got the dark red fina, and planning on getting the dark navy fina too for that matter. (have a navy grosso, but it's a touch too light for some of my suits)
I'm not sure if I have a pic yet of it, if I do I'll slap it up here, if I don't I'll take one tonight.
It's a remarkable tie though, always forms a beautiful graceful knot (that really holds too), and pretty much automatically gives me a double dimple no matter how I tie it and regardless of whether I try or not.
Edited by The Silverfox - 2/25/13 at 7:43ampost #1490 of 65632/25/13 at 7:04ampost #1491 of 65632/25/13 at 10:03ampost #1492 of 65632/25/13 at 10:56amQuote:
Can't go wrong with that! Although, his four folds are more than substantial.post #1493 of 65632/25/13 at 10:58ampost #1494 of 65632/25/13 at 11:55ampost #1495 of 65632/25/13 at 12:01pm
I have a 6 fold wedding tie, a 6 fold grenadine, and a 3 fold macclesfield. The 6 fold wedding tie has an unbeatable drape, but in my opinion is probably a touch too intense for every-day wear. My 6 fold grenadine and 3 fold macclesfield are both wonderful. I think in the future I will probably stick with 4 folds grenadines (ordered a navy and a forest green just the other day), and 3 folds for everything else- even the 3 folds have great knots.post #1496 of 65632/25/13 at 12:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by strangedream
Second question is, I am thinking of either garza fina or grossa in burgundy/dark chocolate/bitter chocolate. Which type of garza and color would you guys go with? I know the best answer is getting them all, but due to my limited budget, I have to be cautious (and meticulous).
im sure youll get a plethora of opinions...its just a matter of taste. I personally prefer the fina over the grossa though.post #1497 of 65632/25/13 at 12:24pmpost #1498 of 65632/26/13 at 11:29ampost #1499 of 65632/26/13 at 6:36pmNeed help trying to decide which Macclesfield tie to buy for spring...which do you prefer?
1. Macclesfield Silk Tie #102? I'm leaning toward this one because the lavender, white and sky blue flowers would look great with a light brown or lt. grey suit; or
2. Macclesfield Silk Tie #84?
Edited by Cuttingboard - 2/26/13 at 6:46pmpost #1500 of 65632/26/13 at 6:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Need help trying to decide which Macclesfield tie to buy for spring...which do you prefer?
1. Macclesfield Silk Tie #102? I'm leaning toward this one because the lavender, white and sky blue flowers would look great with a light brown or navy suit; or
2. Macclesfield Silk Tie #84?
I personally don't like navy-based ties with navy suits. That is why I got one of the reddish burgundy Macclesfield ties. I like the first tie better by a small margin.
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 13 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 14 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 16 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Cartier vs Omega 20 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...