For anyone on the taller side, I found a nice red garza fina on ebay today - http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Sam-Hober-HANDMADE-Grenadine-Garza-Fina-Cherry-Red-Solid-Silk-Mens-Tie-NR-/310606168856?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item4851920318
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop! Tom Ford Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 100
Styleforum Top Picks
By any chance, can you post the picture of burgundy and bitter chocolate together? From what I have seen on this thread colors tend to look slightly different from the website. It might be just due to lighting, but extra pictures always helps.
Thanks Claghorn. I'll take a note on that. Yeah, I am thinking of just getting my third tie as grossa too instead of fina.
Yeah, I have pinned those on my Pinterest. Btw are these both grossa?
Not together, but close enough. These ties are pretty old, from an age before grenadine came in different sizes. Note, the burgundy is not nearly as purplish as it appears in the photo.
Just emailed David about placing my first order for some Hober ties! I've decided on the following:
- Dark Navy Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- Dark Red Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- White Pindots on Dark Navy: lined four fold, untipped, hand-rolled edges
Can't wait to get them. Anyone with the above ties care to share some pics in the wild to whet my appetite while I wait on my order?
I've got the dark red fina, and planning on getting the dark navy fina too for that matter. (have a navy grosso, but it's a touch too light for some of my suits)
I'm not sure if I have a pic yet of it, if I do I'll slap it up here, if I don't I'll take one tonight.
It's a remarkable tie though, always forms a beautiful graceful knot (that really holds too), and pretty much automatically gives me a double dimple no matter how I tie it and regardless of whether I try or not.
Edited by The Silverfox - 2/25/13 at 7:43am
Can't go wrong with that! Although, his four folds are more than substantial.
I have a 6 fold wedding tie, a 6 fold grenadine, and a 3 fold macclesfield. The 6 fold wedding tie has an unbeatable drape, but in my opinion is probably a touch too intense for every-day wear. My 6 fold grenadine and 3 fold macclesfield are both wonderful. I think in the future I will probably stick with 4 folds grenadines (ordered a navy and a forest green just the other day), and 3 folds for everything else- even the 3 folds have great knots.
Second question is, I am thinking of either garza fina or grossa in burgundy/dark chocolate/bitter chocolate. Which type of garza and color would you guys go with? I know the best answer is getting them all, but due to my limited budget, I have to be cautious (and meticulous).
im sure youll get a plethora of opinions...its just a matter of taste. I personally prefer the fina over the grossa though.
1. Macclesfield Silk Tie #102? I'm leaning toward this one because the lavender, white and sky blue flowers would look great with a light brown or lt. grey suit; or
2. Macclesfield Silk Tie #84?
Edited by Cuttingboard - 2/26/13 at 6:46pm
Need help trying to decide which Macclesfield tie to buy for spring...which do you prefer?
1. Macclesfield Silk Tie #102? I'm leaning toward this one because the lavender, white and sky blue flowers would look great with a light brown or navy suit; or
2. Macclesfield Silk Tie #84?
I personally don't like navy-based ties with navy suits. That is why I got one of the reddish burgundy Macclesfield ties. I like the first tie better by a small margin.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › sz 32 Haberdash Houndstooth Brown Dress Pants 4 minutes ago
- › Patrick Ervell FW10 Baby Alpaca Fair Isle Knit - Size S 5 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays