Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 7/17/16 at 4:31pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 99post #1471 of 65372/13/13 at 4:30pmpost #1472 of 65372/13/13 at 5:18pmpost #1473 of 65372/13/13 at 5:29pmpost #1474 of 65372/13/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
Any of the three would be fine. I have the burgundy and bitter chocolate and they're almost interchangeable. Both are classics. Both look great with blue-based shirts. The bitter chocolate might be 3% more sophisticated.post #1475 of 65372/13/13 at 6:10pm
Looks like grossa.
Bitter chocolate has a lot of green in it; it looks more brown on the website. Still a great color. However, I'd go burgundy or dark chocolate over that (and I'd even venture that dark chocolate might be a little better for grossa and burgundy for picolla, but that's my preference)post #1476 of 65372/13/13 at 6:13pmpost #1477 of 65372/13/13 at 6:55pmpost #1478 of 65372/13/13 at 7:00pmQuote:
By any chance, can you post the picture of burgundy and bitter chocolate together? From what I have seen on this thread colors tend to look slightly different from the website. It might be just due to lighting, but extra pictures always helps.Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Looks like grossa.
Bitter chocolate has a lot of green in it; it looks more brown on the website. Still a great color. However, I'd go burgundy or dark chocolate over that (and I'd even venture that dark chocolate might be a little better for grossa and burgundy for picolla, but that's my preference)
Thanks Claghorn. I'll take a note on that. Yeah, I am thinking of just getting my third tie as grossa too instead of fina.
Yeah, I have pinned those on my Pinterest. Btw are these both grossa?post #1479 of 65372/13/13 at 7:02pmpost #1480 of 65372/13/13 at 7:23pmpost #1481 of 65372/13/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
? No I meant that I liked the photo so I pinned it to my Pinterest album. And I was just curious whether both ties are grenadine grossa. I'm not going to get them as stripe.post #1482 of 65372/13/13 at 7:27pm
Major reading comprehension fail here so let me get you up to speed:
strangedream: They are both grossa gauze ties.
Cuttingboard: I mean the width of the tie and the perceived width of it as caused by the illusion of the stripes bisecting the body.
Patrick R: You win the $100,000 Pyramid.
My question still stands.....
post #1483 of 65372/19/13 at 5:29amQuote:
You're thinking too hard. If you like to wear a 3.5" tie (like myself), then order a 3.5" repp stripe tie.
The rule of thumb is order the Hober tie and wear the Hober tie.post #1484 of 65372/19/13 at 5:31ampost #1485 of 65372/20/13 at 1:37pmJust emailed David about placing my first order for some Hober ties! I've decided on the following:
- Dark Navy Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- Dark Red Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- White Pindots on Dark Navy: lined four fold, untipped, hand-rolled edges
Can't wait to get them. Anyone with the above ties care to share some pics in the wild to whet my appetite while I wait on my order?
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › LEMAIRE 24 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory Chambray Jumper & Work Shirts - Size Medium 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › £1230 NEW WITH TREES MAISON CORTHAY BROWN LEATHER ARCA SHOES 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding