Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 2:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 99post #1471 of 64412/13/13 at 4:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1472 of 64412/13/13 at 5:18pmpost #1473 of 64412/13/13 at 5:29pmpost #1474 of 64412/13/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
Any of the three would be fine. I have the burgundy and bitter chocolate and they're almost interchangeable. Both are classics. Both look great with blue-based shirts. The bitter chocolate might be 3% more sophisticated.post #1475 of 64412/13/13 at 6:10pm
Looks like grossa.
Bitter chocolate has a lot of green in it; it looks more brown on the website. Still a great color. However, I'd go burgundy or dark chocolate over that (and I'd even venture that dark chocolate might be a little better for grossa and burgundy for picolla, but that's my preference)post #1476 of 64412/13/13 at 6:13pmpost #1477 of 64412/13/13 at 6:55pmpost #1478 of 64412/13/13 at 7:00pmQuote:
By any chance, can you post the picture of burgundy and bitter chocolate together? From what I have seen on this thread colors tend to look slightly different from the website. It might be just due to lighting, but extra pictures always helps.Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Looks like grossa.
Bitter chocolate has a lot of green in it; it looks more brown on the website. Still a great color. However, I'd go burgundy or dark chocolate over that (and I'd even venture that dark chocolate might be a little better for grossa and burgundy for picolla, but that's my preference)
Thanks Claghorn. I'll take a note on that. Yeah, I am thinking of just getting my third tie as grossa too instead of fina.
Yeah, I have pinned those on my Pinterest. Btw are these both grossa?post #1479 of 64412/13/13 at 7:02pmpost #1480 of 64412/13/13 at 7:23pmpost #1481 of 64412/13/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
? No I meant that I liked the photo so I pinned it to my Pinterest album. And I was just curious whether both ties are grenadine grossa. I'm not going to get them as stripe.post #1482 of 64412/13/13 at 7:27pm
Major reading comprehension fail here so let me get you up to speed:
strangedream: They are both grossa gauze ties.
Cuttingboard: I mean the width of the tie and the perceived width of it as caused by the illusion of the stripes bisecting the body.
Patrick R: You win the $100,000 Pyramid.
My question still stands.....
post #1483 of 64412/19/13 at 5:29amQuote:
You're thinking too hard. If you like to wear a 3.5" tie (like myself), then order a 3.5" repp stripe tie.
The rule of thumb is order the Hober tie and wear the Hober tie.post #1484 of 64412/19/13 at 5:31ampost #1485 of 64412/20/13 at 1:37pmJust emailed David about placing my first order for some Hober ties! I've decided on the following:
- Dark Navy Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- Dark Red Grenadine Fina: lined four fold, self-tipped
- White Pindots on Dark Navy: lined four fold, untipped, hand-rolled edges
Can't wait to get them. Anyone with the above ties care to share some pics in the wild to whet my appetite while I wait on my order?
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Paul Smith London IT48R/US38R Double-Breasted Camel Cashmere (50%)... 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Supreme x Schott NYC Perfecto Double Rider 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › NIGEL CABOURN Everest Parka survival yellow anarctic arctic Ventile 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?