Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 96
Styleforum Top Picks
Does anyone have this maroon flower tie: http://www.samhober.com/flower-silk-ties/yellow-gold-sky-blue-and-off-white-flower-on-maroon-silk-tie-31.html
I am curious how "maroon" it is. I want something far removed from red, but it does look very red on my monitor.
I would only go unlined if the tie is a 7-fold. The extra silk makes up for the weight lost with the lining removed. 6-fold or less I would always suggest a lining.
I have a navy 4-fold, lined grossa and a 7-fold, unlined piccola; the unlined 7-fold is just slightly lighter than the lined 4-fold grossa.
Great timing. I received my ties shortly after you responded...exactly thirteen business days from shipping confirmation as well. I'm really impressed with the quality.
I'm not 6'6", but I have a large neck and absurdly long torso. As a result, I ordered 65" ties. I received them a couple of days ago and wore the Maccleafield today. I'm ecstatic with the quality and craftsmanship so far.
I went with 3.5 inch and three fold with the remaining standard options. I'm really pleased. My grenadines were 63" and four fold in accord with David's advice. I'd follow the advice on his web page for determining tie length. It worked perfectly for me. I'd also stick with standard options for your first order and then begin experimenting. That's my plan!
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 18 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › World Cup Fantasy League 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)