or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 96

post #1426 of 5196

Double post.

post #1427 of 5196

Just ordered my first two Hober ties. Can't wait!

post #1428 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Just ordered my first two Hober ties. Can't wait!

Which did you start with?

post #1429 of 5196
What happened to all of David's posts?!
post #1430 of 5196
Can someone explain to me the appeal of unlined ties? Is it one of those features that people want because it's uncommon? I have not handled one myself, but I imagine it would be lighter, and I like a heavier feeling tie.
post #1431 of 5196

Does anyone have this maroon flower tie: http://www.samhober.com/flower-silk-ties/yellow-gold-sky-blue-and-off-white-flower-on-maroon-silk-tie-31.html

I am curious how "maroon" it is. I want something far removed from red, but it does look very red on my monitor.

post #1432 of 5196

I do like the grenadine stripe ties, but are there any plans for grenadine dot ties?

post #1433 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

Can someone explain to me the appeal of unlined ties? Is it one of those features that people want because it's uncommon? I have not handled one myself, but I imagine it would be lighter, and I like a heavier feeling tie.

 

I would only go unlined if the tie is a 7-fold.  The extra silk makes up for the weight lost with the lining removed. 6-fold or less I would always suggest a lining.

 

I have a navy 4-fold, lined grossa and a 7-fold, unlined piccola; the unlined 7-fold is just slightly lighter than the lined 4-fold grossa.

post #1434 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I do like the grenadine stripe ties, but are there any plans for grenadine dot ties?

These are on David's website.  Right here.

post #1435 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

Which did you start with?

 

The powder blue and brown on midnight blue striped grenadine and the maroon pin dot.  If I like them, I think the bitter chocolate grenadine is next on my radar.

post #1436 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

 

It took exactly thirteen business days from shipping confirmation to delivery.

Great timing.  I received my ties shortly after you responded...exactly thirteen business days from shipping confirmation as well.  I'm really impressed with the quality.

post #1437 of 5196
Gonna buy a couple ties but I'm fairly tall at 6 ft 6 in, would probably get the 65in tie? I have questions on the width then and will the knot then have a good thickness. Anyone have any ideas of what options i should consider. What fold is best etc I'm bait lost.
post #1438 of 5196
Talk to David. He'll be able to easily address your concerns.
post #1439 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da GOAT View Post

Gonna buy a couple ties but I'm fairly tall at 6 ft 6 in, would probably get the 65in tie? I have questions on the width then and will the knot then have a good thickness. Anyone have any ideas of what options i should consider. What fold is best etc I'm bait lost.

I'm not 6'6", but I have a large neck and absurdly long torso. As a result, I ordered 65" ties. I received them a couple of days ago and wore the Maccleafield today. I'm ecstatic with the quality and craftsmanship so far.

 

I went with 3.5 inch and three fold with the remaining standard options. I'm really pleased. My grenadines were 63" and four fold in accord with David's advice. I'd follow the advice on his web page for determining tie length. It worked perfectly for me. I'd also stick with standard options for your first order and then begin experimenting. That's my plan!

post #1440 of 5196
i'm 6'7' and go for a 63' tie. I have a long torso, which should also be taken into consideration. I'm not skinny, so I also opt for a 3.75' width.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread