Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/21/15 at 10:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 3/25/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Frui Tie SF Group Buy (interest check) Last post on 3/26/15 at 9:20pm in Classic Menswear
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TOM FORD Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 96
Styleforum Top Picks
Does anyone have this maroon flower tie: http://www.samhober.com/flower-silk-ties/yellow-gold-sky-blue-and-off-white-flower-on-maroon-silk-tie-31.html
I am curious how "maroon" it is. I want something far removed from red, but it does look very red on my monitor.
I would only go unlined if the tie is a 7-fold. The extra silk makes up for the weight lost with the lining removed. 6-fold or less I would always suggest a lining.
I have a navy 4-fold, lined grossa and a 7-fold, unlined piccola; the unlined 7-fold is just slightly lighter than the lined 4-fold grossa.
Great timing. I received my ties shortly after you responded...exactly thirteen business days from shipping confirmation as well. I'm really impressed with the quality.
I'm not 6'6", but I have a large neck and absurdly long torso. As a result, I ordered 65" ties. I received them a couple of days ago and wore the Maccleafield today. I'm ecstatic with the quality and craftsmanship so far.
I went with 3.5 inch and three fold with the remaining standard options. I'm really pleased. My grenadines were 63" and four fold in accord with David's advice. I'd follow the advice on his web page for determining tie length. It worked perfectly for me. I'd also stick with standard options for your first order and then begin experimenting. That's my plan!
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › GET= Croatia vs Norway Live streaming 13 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › HOT= Azerbaijan vs Malta Live streaming 1 minute ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › JOY= Israel vs Wales Live streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...