Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 90
Styleforum Top Picks
Exchanging emails, Mr. Hober and I discussed my height (6'3"), neck size (18 1/2"), preferred knot (four-in-hand), and the like. I asked for the tie to taper less from the widest point, which I request to be 3 1/2", so they're a touch wider where they'll knot up. Magician that he is, Mr. Hober can figure out exactly where on the tie that is.
He really is a pleasure to deal with. He's very patient and knowledgeable, and never makes you feel like you're inconveniencing him. Shoot him a PM or an email and he'll help you out.
That's my tie. It's a very nice colour. More towards the darker spectrum (darker than navy.) Very versatile tie!
I just made my first SH tie order!
I ordered four different colors (Navy,Forrest, Burgundy, Purple) ties. They were all a different solid grenadine weave. I ordered a large selection of swatches ahead of time so I could actually see and decide on which fabrics I wanted. I highly recommend this as when I went to choose the fabrics on the computer for the orders some of them varied quite a bit compared to the labeled swatch I had in hand (others were very close in color).
I also had them made to be thinner than what the site recommended. The site said the standard is a 3.75in width. That seems quite wide for me as none of my ties are even close to that wide. I went for 8cm (3.2in) width which is more in line with most of the ties I wear. I hope I don't regret it...
I'll be sure to post when they arrive.
Argh. I was waiting for my new credit card to arrive (in 2-3 days) to order a tie made from this cloth, and now it's out of stock (yesterday there was enough for "2 item(s)")
I hope it's available again soon....
Love that fabric, also have my eye on a tie made from it...
I can't speak to the quality until I receive the goods, but I can chime in and agree with the numerous praises of David's patience and excellent customer service.
Eagerly awaiting the ties, and will add pictures and comments when they arrive.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 seconds ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 20 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Alden by J. Crew Color 8 shell cordovan cap toe boots BNIB size 9 D 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a good pair of shoes 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)