Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ties Galore Last post on 5/18/13 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- pricedrop 5/11 - RLPL Dot Tie and RLBL Knit Tie Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on Yesterday at 4:41 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ISAIA Napoli Tie MEGATHREAD! Brand New - Various Colors, Materials & Designs - 7 FOLD!! Last post on 4/24/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Drake's Ties- 2 Grenadines and a Navy Polka Dot Last post on 4/14/13 at 9:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 89
Feeling guilty about not having posted photos (bow-tie and grenadine), but it's actually deliberate, not laziness. I can't get any good photos with my iPhone. I'd be underselling them if I posted pictures of them, frankly. Nonetheless, if anyone is desperate for photos of the ties, I will try my very best to indulge that wish. I will however post two very poser-ish shots for you to enjoy, though they're not exactly detailed on the tie. One thing I really have to comment on, however, is that the products are both absolutely amazing. I am so, so happy with my order, especially the bow tie. It's exactly what I wanted, something different but which wouldn't offend traditionalists. David was there throughout my deliberations over whether I wanted it to be X millimetres in height or X + 1, haha. I've never had service like that before (and this isn't my first bespoke product). Truly fantastic.
Right, I made a long post here about how my iPhone is awful and any pictures would be underselling the tie (true), but it hasn't actually posted so I just thought I'd 'man up' as the British say and take one.
Excessively poserish, but just ignore my mirror (and face) and zoom in on the tie.
There's some fabrics I've been waiting for. I was thinking that it would be a nice feature if the website could send an automatic email when something in your wishlist comes back in stock.
I picked up a 7-fold Hober from Cantabrigian. Despite my dislike of 7-folds, I was very impressed with the tie and proceeded to order a grenadine directly from the site for a Christmas present. On the receipt, I noticed SH was located in Thailand and my first reaction was "what the hell?"
Then I read the "About Us" on the website. Wonderful story, and knowing it I think I am likely to order even more from them.
Edited by Claghorn - 11/9/12 at 5:48am
I tried to post pictures here, but it clearly hasn't worked. Ho hum...
I'll try again another time, but since we're here, obviously everyone here can vouch for David's ties. I feel like that barely needs to be said anymore. However, if anyone was considering a bowtie, just bloody go for it. I absolutely adore mine. David worked with me really carefully to get it just right. One piece of advice I would say is that it really helped me, with measurements, to have an adjustable bowtie lying around to get my collar width just perfect. Of course you could do it other ways, but that seemed the easiest.
Cold War Painter,
I agree with you.
It is simply amazing what software can do.
Aris our Software developer is here in Chiang Mai now visiting from Bangkok.
We are talking about developing a custom made store program.
There are two ways to do the email - one is as you suggest from the wishlist and the other is when you try to order an out of stock item.
In any case the trick to custom software is planning what you need at the start so all ideas are good ones - thank you.
It was a pleasure working with you on your boy tie. I have passed your compliments on to Mary our main bow tie maker - you made her smile.
By the way your photo below the group photo looks great.
You look like a 007 agent on the way to the casino.
Thank you for posting the photos.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 seconds ago
- › Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013) 7 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cantarelli in Arezzo, Is it the "Right" Fit? 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › POLO RALPH LAUREN 40R linen blazer NWOT 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Straight Razor vs DE razor 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw