Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:31 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 89
Styleforum Top Picks
Feeling guilty about not having posted photos (bow-tie and grenadine), but it's actually deliberate, not laziness. I can't get any good photos with my iPhone. I'd be underselling them if I posted pictures of them, frankly. Nonetheless, if anyone is desperate for photos of the ties, I will try my very best to indulge that wish. I will however post two very poser-ish shots for you to enjoy, though they're not exactly detailed on the tie. One thing I really have to comment on, however, is that the products are both absolutely amazing. I am so, so happy with my order, especially the bow tie. It's exactly what I wanted, something different but which wouldn't offend traditionalists. David was there throughout my deliberations over whether I wanted it to be X millimetres in height or X + 1, haha. I've never had service like that before (and this isn't my first bespoke product). Truly fantastic.
Right, I made a long post here about how my iPhone is awful and any pictures would be underselling the tie (true), but it hasn't actually posted so I just thought I'd 'man up' as the British say and take one.
Excessively poserish, but just ignore my mirror (and face) and zoom in on the tie.
There's some fabrics I've been waiting for. I was thinking that it would be a nice feature if the website could send an automatic email when something in your wishlist comes back in stock.
I picked up a 7-fold Hober from Cantabrigian. Despite my dislike of 7-folds, I was very impressed with the tie and proceeded to order a grenadine directly from the site for a Christmas present. On the receipt, I noticed SH was located in Thailand and my first reaction was "what the hell?"
Then I read the "About Us" on the website. Wonderful story, and knowing it I think I am likely to order even more from them.
Edited by Claghorn - 11/9/12 at 5:48am
I tried to post pictures here, but it clearly hasn't worked. Ho hum...
I'll try again another time, but since we're here, obviously everyone here can vouch for David's ties. I feel like that barely needs to be said anymore. However, if anyone was considering a bowtie, just bloody go for it. I absolutely adore mine. David worked with me really carefully to get it just right. One piece of advice I would say is that it really helped me, with measurements, to have an adjustable bowtie lying around to get my collar width just perfect. Of course you could do it other ways, but that seemed the easiest.
Cold War Painter,
I agree with you.
It is simply amazing what software can do.
Aris our Software developer is here in Chiang Mai now visiting from Bangkok.
We are talking about developing a custom made store program.
There are two ways to do the email - one is as you suggest from the wishlist and the other is when you try to order an out of stock item.
In any case the trick to custom software is planning what you need at the start so all ideas are good ones - thank you.
It was a pleasure working with you on your boy tie. I have passed your compliments on to Mary our main bow tie maker - you made her smile.
By the way your photo below the group photo looks great.
You look like a 007 agent on the way to the casino.
Thank you for posting the photos.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › + + + DRIES VAN NOTEN + + + 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 8 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw