Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 8/10/16 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/16/16 at 10:50am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 87post #1292 of 654011/28/12 at 7:09ampost #1293 of 654011/28/12 at 7:44ampost #1294 of 654011/29/12 at 7:13ampost #1295 of 654011/29/12 at 3:59pmpost #1296 of 654012/3/12 at 8:10ampost #1297 of 654012/3/12 at 10:07ampost #1298 of 654012/3/12 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Argh. I was waiting for my new credit card to arrive (in 2-3 days) to order a tie made from this cloth, and now it's out of stock (yesterday there was enough for "2 item(s)")
I hope it's available again soon....
Love that fabric, also have my eye on a tie made from it...post #1299 of 654012/8/12 at 3:09pmJust ordered my first two ties from sam hober, a dark navy satin and a ligh-coppery macclesfield houndstooth pattern.
I can't speak to the quality until I receive the goods, but I can chime in and agree with the numerous praises of David's patience and excellent customer service.
Eagerly awaiting the ties, and will add pictures and comments when they arrive.post #1300 of 654012/8/12 at 3:25pmpost #1301 of 654012/12/12 at 12:44ampost #1302 of 654012/12/12 at 1:55ampost #1303 of 654012/12/12 at 3:31amI'll admit I've never worn a silk scarf in a blizzard, but what I imagined when I said it was as you described, a thin scarf from smooth woven silk which for some reason doesn't sound particularly warm to me. I suppose the weight is probably the biggest issue, but also smooth surfaces tend to be more heat conductive than fuzzy ones. The wind resistance I can easily imagine, which is why it sounds so wonderfully comfortable with fuzzy soft cashmere on one side and smooth tightly woven silk on the other.
How heavy is the silk used in your silk scarves, and what construction do you use, tubular? Are the ends fringed? How cold was it in Denver when you tried yours out. Think it's about -15c (+5f) here now.post #1304 of 654012/12/12 at 8:06ampost #1305 of 654012/12/12 at 8:24am
Just placed the order for my wedding tie gentlemen. I went with the wedding/formal silk #1. I also got myself a Carlo Riva white line/cotton square for the wedding. it took me a while to order the tie as I got swatches and made the decision with my fiance.
To celebrate the occasion, I ordered a bitter chocolate piccola for myself. Both ties I ordered as 7-fold, untipped, hand rolled edges.
Needless to say I'm excited.
Thanks to everyone for all the help. I will post photos when they arrive!
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › SF, San Francisco, Bay Area STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Hosted by... 3 minutes ago
- › Buttero sneakers quality and Buttero customer service 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Please check if this is Real Air Max 1 or not ? 6 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 7 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding