Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:04 am in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 87
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1292 of 644111/28/12 at 7:09ampost #1293 of 644111/28/12 at 7:44ampost #1294 of 644111/29/12 at 7:13ampost #1295 of 644111/29/12 at 3:59pmpost #1296 of 644112/3/12 at 8:10ampost #1297 of 644112/3/12 at 10:07ampost #1298 of 644112/3/12 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Argh. I was waiting for my new credit card to arrive (in 2-3 days) to order a tie made from this cloth, and now it's out of stock (yesterday there was enough for "2 item(s)")
I hope it's available again soon....
Love that fabric, also have my eye on a tie made from it...post #1299 of 644112/8/12 at 3:09pmJust ordered my first two ties from sam hober, a dark navy satin and a ligh-coppery macclesfield houndstooth pattern.
I can't speak to the quality until I receive the goods, but I can chime in and agree with the numerous praises of David's patience and excellent customer service.
Eagerly awaiting the ties, and will add pictures and comments when they arrive.post #1300 of 644112/8/12 at 3:25pmpost #1301 of 644112/12/12 at 12:44ampost #1302 of 644112/12/12 at 1:55ampost #1303 of 644112/12/12 at 3:31amI'll admit I've never worn a silk scarf in a blizzard, but what I imagined when I said it was as you described, a thin scarf from smooth woven silk which for some reason doesn't sound particularly warm to me. I suppose the weight is probably the biggest issue, but also smooth surfaces tend to be more heat conductive than fuzzy ones. The wind resistance I can easily imagine, which is why it sounds so wonderfully comfortable with fuzzy soft cashmere on one side and smooth tightly woven silk on the other.
How heavy is the silk used in your silk scarves, and what construction do you use, tubular? Are the ends fringed? How cold was it in Denver when you tried yours out. Think it's about -15c (+5f) here now.post #1304 of 644112/12/12 at 8:06ampost #1305 of 644112/12/12 at 8:24am
Just placed the order for my wedding tie gentlemen. I went with the wedding/formal silk #1. I also got myself a Carlo Riva white line/cotton square for the wedding. it took me a while to order the tie as I got swatches and made the decision with my fiance.
To celebrate the occasion, I ordered a bitter chocolate piccola for myself. Both ties I ordered as 7-fold, untipped, hand rolled edges.
Needless to say I'm excited.
Thanks to everyone for all the help. I will post photos when they arrive!
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Junya Watanabe FW06 Rebuild blazer parka (L) 2 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Please Critique My Shirt 8 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...