So I'm looking to get a couple of grenadines.. couple of questions:
1. Lined vs. Unlined? Is there any advantage to either?
2. Tipped vs. Untipped? Is it noticeable while being worn that the tie is untipped (i.e. can you see through it)? This isn't a dealbreaker, just want to be well-informed
3. Does David charge extra for hand-rolled edges? What about bar tack color?
4. Navy vs. slate? I can't decide! (And no, the proper answer is not both. heh.) I'm leaning toward slate but the navy is a strong contendor.
1. I'd go with lined. Unlined ties are great, but I prefer lined; they recover faster, in my experience. Just ask for a light lining if you prefer a lighter tie.
2. Untipped you can usually see through, especially if it's a grossa weave. But it's not noticeable unless someone is looking straight at it.
3. Hand-rolled edges with an untipped tie is a $10 surcharge. No clue about bar tacks.
4. Navy. Always navy. It works with everything and is never not stylish.