Okay, so my ties arrived today, and they're amazing. I'll try and find someone with a better camera than me and get some pictures up for you guys. I can't even begin to describe how amazing they are/look/feel. And since I know David monitors this thread, the bowtie fits PERFECTLY and looks great. Very individual and I love it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 79
Styleforum Top Picks
About a month ago I received my first quality ties since learning about sf. These were my purchases from Sam Hober:
1. Macclesfield #84
2. Grenadine Prometeo Navy
3. Macclesfield Silk Pocket Square #23
I really love the grenadine as it's my first one. I've never really noticed this kind of tie on someone else but it looks great. Both of my ties were four-in-hand knots. The grenadine tie is thick and a basic FIN knot is sizable IMO. Anyway I'm thinking of picking up some more Hobers soon. I definitely vouch for these ties.
And what are you gents thoughts on a brown tie with navy suit and black shoes? Also, what is the standard length? I would prefer a 57"
Would like to cover the essentials. FWIW I am looking at these two but I feel I can do better with a different navy:
Perhaps Mr. Hober can enlighten me. TIA
Sorry for the iPhone pic.
Received my tie today super quick (was very surprised!). I am very impressed with the quality of this tie. David Hober also has one of the best customer services I have ever come across too.
Grenadine Grossa 4-Fold, Self tipped with purple bartacks
which color is it?
Just my two cents, but I'd recommend ordering a couple grenadine swatch sets. If you order the grossa and prometeo, for example, you can probably ask David to also include the brown/burgundy/navy colors from the fina and piccola sets as well.
Swatches have made a big positive impact with my orders.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you RIDE today? 3 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 3 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mens Size 9 Bontoni Black leather wingtip with perforated detail ... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)