Okay, so my ties arrived today, and they're amazing. I'll try and find someone with a better camera than me and get some pictures up for you guys. I can't even begin to describe how amazing they are/look/feel. And since I know David monitors this thread, the bowtie fits PERFECTLY and looks great. Very individual and I love it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 79
Styleforum Top Picks
About a month ago I received my first quality ties since learning about sf. These were my purchases from Sam Hober:
1. Macclesfield #84
2. Grenadine Prometeo Navy
3. Macclesfield Silk Pocket Square #23
I really love the grenadine as it's my first one. I've never really noticed this kind of tie on someone else but it looks great. Both of my ties were four-in-hand knots. The grenadine tie is thick and a basic FIN knot is sizable IMO. Anyway I'm thinking of picking up some more Hobers soon. I definitely vouch for these ties.
And what are you gents thoughts on a brown tie with navy suit and black shoes? Also, what is the standard length? I would prefer a 57"
Would like to cover the essentials. FWIW I am looking at these two but I feel I can do better with a different navy:
Perhaps Mr. Hober can enlighten me. TIA
Sorry for the iPhone pic.
Received my tie today super quick (was very surprised!). I am very impressed with the quality of this tie. David Hober also has one of the best customer services I have ever come across too.
Grenadine Grossa 4-Fold, Self tipped with purple bartacks
which color is it?
Just my two cents, but I'd recommend ordering a couple grenadine swatch sets. If you order the grossa and prometeo, for example, you can probably ask David to also include the brown/burgundy/navy colors from the fina and piccola sets as well.
Swatches have made a big positive impact with my orders.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › Taking a trip to Houston, Atlanta, or Miami. Need suggestions. 29 seconds ago
- › Weekender / Duffle suggestions 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 11 minutes ago
- › EIDOS NAPOLI SILK/WOOL SPORT COAT 38/48 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015