Okay, so my ties arrived today, and they're amazing. I'll try and find someone with a better camera than me and get some pictures up for you guys. I can't even begin to describe how amazing they are/look/feel. And since I know David monitors this thread, the bowtie fits PERFECTLY and looks great. Very individual and I love it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on Yesterday at 5:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 4/29/15 at 8:40pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Today at 8:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 79
Styleforum Top Picks
About a month ago I received my first quality ties since learning about sf. These were my purchases from Sam Hober:
1. Macclesfield #84
2. Grenadine Prometeo Navy
3. Macclesfield Silk Pocket Square #23
I really love the grenadine as it's my first one. I've never really noticed this kind of tie on someone else but it looks great. Both of my ties were four-in-hand knots. The grenadine tie is thick and a basic FIN knot is sizable IMO. Anyway I'm thinking of picking up some more Hobers soon. I definitely vouch for these ties.
And what are you gents thoughts on a brown tie with navy suit and black shoes? Also, what is the standard length? I would prefer a 57"
Would like to cover the essentials. FWIW I am looking at these two but I feel I can do better with a different navy:
Perhaps Mr. Hober can enlighten me. TIA
Sorry for the iPhone pic.
Received my tie today super quick (was very surprised!). I am very impressed with the quality of this tie. David Hober also has one of the best customer services I have ever come across too.
Grenadine Grossa 4-Fold, Self tipped with purple bartacks
which color is it?
Just my two cents, but I'd recommend ordering a couple grenadine swatch sets. If you order the grossa and prometeo, for example, you can probably ask David to also include the brown/burgundy/navy colors from the fina and piccola sets as well.
Swatches have made a big positive impact with my orders.
- A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › To have a look out to the 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 17 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 27th, 2015: The Knit Tie 17 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 21 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 23 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 25 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...