Okay, so my ties arrived today, and they're amazing. I'll try and find someone with a better camera than me and get some pictures up for you guys. I can't even begin to describe how amazing they are/look/feel. And since I know David monitors this thread, the bowtie fits PERFECTLY and looks great. Very individual and I love it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 8/10/16 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 79post #1172 of 656310/6/12 at 4:08ampost #1173 of 656310/6/12 at 10:24pm
About a month ago I received my first quality ties since learning about sf. These were my purchases from Sam Hober:
1. Macclesfield #84
2. Grenadine Prometeo Navy
3. Macclesfield Silk Pocket Square #23
I really love the grenadine as it's my first one. I've never really noticed this kind of tie on someone else but it looks great. Both of my ties were four-in-hand knots. The grenadine tie is thick and a basic FIN knot is sizable IMO. Anyway I'm thinking of picking up some more Hobers soon. I definitely vouch for these ties.post #1174 of 656310/20/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #1175 of 656310/23/12 at 11:27pmpost #1176 of 656310/23/12 at 11:33pmpost #1177 of 656310/28/12 at 9:32pmpost #1178 of 656310/28/12 at 11:27pmAnyone can suggest me 1 navy and 1 burgundy tie in any of the gabardine selections? Worn with a dark navy suit (can be mistaken for black you can say).
And what are you gents thoughts on a brown tie with navy suit and black shoes? Also, what is the standard length? I would prefer a 57"
Would like to cover the essentials. FWIW I am looking at these two but I feel I can do better with a different navy:
Perhaps Mr. Hober can enlighten me. TIApost #1179 of 656310/28/12 at 11:32pmpost #1180 of 656310/28/12 at 11:34pmpost #1181 of 656310/29/12 at 12:55amQuote:Originally Posted by joshuasaussey
Sorry for the iPhone pic.
Received my tie today super quick (was very surprised!). I am very impressed with the quality of this tie. David Hober also has one of the best customer services I have ever come across too.
Grenadine Grossa 4-Fold, Self tipped with purple bartacks
which color is it?post #1182 of 656310/29/12 at 2:07ampost #1183 of 656310/29/12 at 4:41amQuote:
Just my two cents, but I'd recommend ordering a couple grenadine swatch sets. If you order the grossa and prometeo, for example, you can probably ask David to also include the brown/burgundy/navy colors from the fina and piccola sets as well.
Swatches have made a big positive impact with my orders.post #1184 of 656310/29/12 at 7:27amThread Starterpost #1185 of 656310/29/12 at 7:51am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The Sous VIde Thread 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...