^ Weird. In the second pic I see so much dark blue -- almost purple. Must be the lighting. Regardless, gorgeous tie!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 7/17/16 at 4:31pm in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 69post #1022 of 65375/23/12 at 11:15ampost #1023 of 65375/23/12 at 7:58pmpost #1024 of 65375/23/12 at 8:08pmpost #1025 of 65375/23/12 at 8:17pmpost #1026 of 65375/23/12 at 8:39pmQuote:
I think we all recieved our ties this week. I have the same tie and love it. I also purchased. Silk Tie #20
Navy Blue & Powder Blue Hounds Tooth. Quite powerful.
PS. Linen swatch set available should anyone want it.post #1027 of 65375/24/12 at 7:28pmpost #1028 of 65375/24/12 at 7:38pmpost #1029 of 65375/24/12 at 7:47pmpost #1030 of 65375/27/12 at 12:53pmHey there,
I have three sets of swatches I'm offering up for free. One per person. US only. And please promise to forward on to another good home once you're done with them.
1) "New - Macclesfield Silk Print" -- I think there are 20 in the set; pics are not yet up on samhober.com.
2) Diamond Weave silk
3) Random grab bag -- I have about 20 assorted swatches, between 2 and 4 in the following categories: pin dot grenadine, cotton, linen, wool challis, cashmere, grenadine grossa.
PM if you're interested. I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow.post #1031 of 65375/27/12 at 1:04pmpost #1032 of 65375/27/12 at 1:30pmpost #1033 of 65375/30/12 at 8:31am
got my first SH order in earlier this week. starting with a Pin Dot (EPDT-10) and an English Plaid (#4). Going to hold off on a grenadine order until I see what new ones David is bringing in. i'll have some swatch sets up for grabs soon. thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread!post #1034 of 65375/30/12 at 10:29amQuote:Originally Posted by 518aataQuote:
Garza grossa, midnight blue with white stripe.
Self-tipped, no label, 4-fold construction, lined.
Not as SF-approved as NOBD's untipped garza fina (man that's an awesome tie) but gorgeous. Drape and knot are superb.
This is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely my next Hober. Thanks for the inspiration!
Been wanting this tie every since I saw this post last year. Finally got it last week, after a long delay due to out-of-stock fabric. Well worth the wait!
Thanks, David!post #1035 of 65375/30/12 at 9:24pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The Official Beer Thread 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Jeans for overweight? 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding