^ Weird. In the second pic I see so much dark blue -- almost purple. Must be the lighting. Regardless, gorgeous tie!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/18/16 at 3:44pm in Classic Menswear
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 69post #1022 of 65895/23/12 at 11:15ampost #1023 of 65895/23/12 at 7:58pmpost #1024 of 65895/23/12 at 8:08pmpost #1025 of 65895/23/12 at 8:17pmpost #1026 of 65895/23/12 at 8:39pmQuote:
I think we all recieved our ties this week. I have the same tie and love it. I also purchased. Silk Tie #20
Navy Blue & Powder Blue Hounds Tooth. Quite powerful.
PS. Linen swatch set available should anyone want it.post #1027 of 65895/24/12 at 7:28pmpost #1028 of 65895/24/12 at 7:38pmpost #1029 of 65895/24/12 at 7:47pmpost #1030 of 65895/27/12 at 12:53pmHey there,
I have three sets of swatches I'm offering up for free. One per person. US only. And please promise to forward on to another good home once you're done with them.
1) "New - Macclesfield Silk Print" -- I think there are 20 in the set; pics are not yet up on samhober.com.
2) Diamond Weave silk
3) Random grab bag -- I have about 20 assorted swatches, between 2 and 4 in the following categories: pin dot grenadine, cotton, linen, wool challis, cashmere, grenadine grossa.
PM if you're interested. I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow.post #1031 of 65895/27/12 at 1:04pmpost #1032 of 65895/27/12 at 1:30pmpost #1033 of 65895/30/12 at 8:31am
got my first SH order in earlier this week. starting with a Pin Dot (EPDT-10) and an English Plaid (#4). Going to hold off on a grenadine order until I see what new ones David is bringing in. i'll have some swatch sets up for grabs soon. thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread!post #1034 of 65895/30/12 at 10:29amQuote:Originally Posted by 518aataQuote:
Garza grossa, midnight blue with white stripe.
Self-tipped, no label, 4-fold construction, lined.
Not as SF-approved as NOBD's untipped garza fina (man that's an awesome tie) but gorgeous. Drape and knot are superb.
This is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely my next Hober. Thanks for the inspiration!
Been wanting this tie every since I saw this post last year. Finally got it last week, after a long delay due to out-of-stock fabric. Well worth the wait!
Thanks, David!post #1035 of 65895/30/12 at 9:24pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 14 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 16 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 22 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...