or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Paleo diet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paleo diet - Page 3

post #31 of 454
Don't let reality get in the way of your impending nutrient deficiency. BTW you were right, in France they only eat bread made from flour hand-milled by peasants alongside the Marne. The massive levels of mercury in the organs of Japanese dolphin- and tuna-eaters is also reported to give them superhuman strength (when boosted by regular intervals of nuclear radiation).
post #32 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
What is your advice on how to eat a primarily paleo (or at least paleoesque) diet in public? Did you have to prepare and carry around your own food, or did you pretty much just subsist on salads and such when eating out?

there would almost always be an option on resturant menus which fit the bill - either salads or steak with vegetables etc. asian resturants are the hardest (except for japanese as you can order sushimi) but not impossible.

breakfast on workdays was the hardest and i often skipped it, or ate jerky, nuts and dried fruit combos. on weekends i loved cooking paleo breakfasts - omlettes etc.

lunch at work is a salad every day - there is a place near by where you can select your ingredients - eggs, avacado, salads, olive oil etc

dinner is easy - grilled meat and vegetables, stews, salads.. i enjoyed the challenge of finding paleo recipes in normal cookbooks.

i wasnt obsessive about it - i dont buy into alot of the theory, like i say i was just trying to maximise nutrients per calorie, and avoid processed food as i do beleive processed foods are the cause of most dietry problems today.

if i wasnt worried about calories (i.e. not ane easy gainer who puts on weight just smelling a pie) i would probably eat more along Weston Price advice - actually, i pretty much do that now albeit with limited grain intake.

i also love to cook so cooked non paleo stuff often (potatos etc)
post #33 of 454
Isn't powdered dashi like the most popular food in Japan? Is it paleo?
post #34 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Don't let reality get in the way of your impending nutrient deficiency.

BTW you were right, in France they only eat bread made from flour hand-milled by peasants alongside the Marne. The massive levels of mercury in the organs of Japanese dolphin- and tuna-eaters is also reported to give them superhuman strength (when boosted by regular intervals of nuclear radiation).

replacing grains and sugar with fruit and vegatables will give him more nutrients.

im not sure what your point about frances bread is but i will make one observation about france - their bread is awesome. when something is awesome you dont need to eat as much of it. after spending time in the loire valley i was deeply depressed about every slice of supermarket bread i had ever eaten in my life prior to that point. same amount of calories, more chemicals, much less joy
post #35 of 454
Thread Starter 
ITT: Fat jealous slippery bellied buddha-lards try to steal my swagger.
post #36 of 454
My brother does cross-fit and olympic weight training.. he did the paleo diet for 3 months.. he felt better on it.. but went back to a balanced diet that included 'regular' food..
post #37 of 454
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert View Post
replacing grains and sugar with fruit and vegatables will give him more nutrients.

im not sure what your point about frances bread is but i will make one observation about france - their bread is awesome. when something is awesome you dont need to eat as much of it. after spending time in the loire valley i was deeply depressed about every slice of supermarket bread i had ever eaten in my life prior to that point. same amount of calories, more chemicals, much less joy

+100
post #38 of 454
I ate about ten times as much bread when I lived in France than I ever did in North America. I don't know what warped philosophy leads you to believe that when something is good, you avoid it, but I pity you.
post #39 of 454
I just realized that I havent eaten a croissant since I ate them daily during a trip to Normandy I received for my 21st birthday.
post #40 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I ate about ten times as much bread when I lived in France than I ever did in North America. I don't know what warped philosophy leads you to believe that when something is good, you avoid it, but I pity you.

i find that i am more satisfied by a small amount of good quality food. in the absence of quality i think people tend to substite with quantity. ymmv.
post #41 of 454
1. Modern humans live far longer then our ancestors did 10,000 years ago. 2. The reason our ancestors of the time were lean was not because they had a healthy diet, but because they were constantly in a state of near starvation. 3. There is plenty of evidence that they ate grains, so one of the fundamental premises of the Paleo diet is false. 4. Diets do not work. The statistics have constantly shown this to be a fact. Yet, the general public believes they do and thus we have an ever growing industry based around selling books on whatever the new fad is.
post #42 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert View Post
replacing grains and sugar with fruit and vegatables will give him more nutrients.

im not sure what your point about frances bread is but i will make one observation about france - their bread is awesome. when something is awesome you dont need to eat as much of it. after spending time in the loire valley i was deeply depressed about every slice of supermarket bread i had ever eaten in my life prior to that point. same amount of calories, more chemicals, much less joy

The common American diet gets more then enough nutrients. There is little reason for the majority of people in our country, who are not too poor to afford food, to worry about this.

The problem with the american diet is not a lack of any type of nutrient, it's that we consume far too much food. Our portions have got out of control and few people have any real idea of the amount of calories they actually consume in a day.
post #43 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
Fuck off, you lardbellied billygoat.
I probably have lower bf% than most paleo morons, and I eat far, far, far better than any fuckwad on "paleo."
post #44 of 454
I had a banana today.
post #45 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I read that a diet of wheatgrass and urine (midstream only) will make you live to 110.

Just like paleo, what constitutes 'midstream' is up for debate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Paleo diet