or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best dressed movie character
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best dressed movie character - Page 8

post #106 of 189
^^^^ what is that from?
post #107 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post
HELLO! ARE YOU FROM THE PAST? PLEATS ARE BACK.

Really I think nowadays they add more gravitas to a very nicely made classic suit, on someone who is say over 30.

+1

I prefer a trouser with a single pleat.
post #108 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshell View Post


^^^^ what is that from?

The Age of Innocence.
post #109 of 189


I don't know a lot about the art of the suit, but I think the guys in the Oceans movies, old and new, give off the pure aura of 'cool' in every scene. I would love to be able to walk around every day in suits like these guys do and not come off like a tool.
post #110 of 189
Little Caesar, anyone?



post #111 of 189
Patrick McGoohan
LL
post #112 of 189
post #113 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaporateddwarf View Post

I would love to be able to walk around every day in suits like these guys do and not come off like a tool.

Brad Pitt can't even do it so what are the chances for an 'ordinary' (= non-celeb) person?

Anyone else a bit put off by McQueen's waistcoat? Cut straight across the hem like Bond's in Thunderball so I guess you fasten the last button but it looks so close to the hem it's in danger of falling off!
post #114 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaporateddwarf View Post


I don't know a lot about the art of the suit, but I think the guys in the Oceans movies, old and new, give off the pure aura of 'cool' in every scene. I would love to be able to walk around every day in suits like these guys do and not come off like a tool.

Brad Pitts jacket looks like its a size or two too large in this shot.
post #115 of 189







the blue linen blazer, white collar and navy cravat (and loafers) rocks. (NTM car and GK)
post #116 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post
More of a Sean Connery man myself

Anything but Roger Moore in disco suits.
post #117 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits View Post
Brad Pitts jacket looks like its a size or two too large in this shot.

Brad Pitt is a bad example. He seems to be able to look good in just about any old rag.
post #118 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE View Post
Quinn, La Strada (1954)



Mastroianni, 8 1/2 (1963)



Connery, Goldfinger (1964)



Celli , Grandprix (1965)




Connery, You only live twice (1967)




De Sica, The Tourist (2010)

De Sica? Which De Sica? Vittorio De Sica died in 1974

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vittorio_De_Sica
post #119 of 189
Any mention yet of Jack Nicholson as Jake Gittes in 'Chinatown' yet?
post #120 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cretaceous_cretin View Post
Patrick McGoohan
+1 McGoohan was legendary as John Drake and sharp dresser and he turned down the Bond role on moral grounds : too much of a womaniser. oooops
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best dressed movie character